1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Power Rankings

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Here they are:

ESPN

Shawne Merriman, claiming a Titans player illegally hit him, told the U-T: "There were a bunch of cheap shots out there, but they can get some cheap seats on the sofa at home while they watch us [in the playoffs]." Oh, snap!

CBS - Sportsline

They have had plenty of issues this season, but that comeback against the Titans might be just what this team needs. Philip Rivers must play like he did in the fourth quarter for the Chargers to have a Super chance.

si.com

Shawne Merriman got a good hit on Vince Young and knocked him out of action for a while. Then Titans' tight end Ben Hartsock took a shot at Merriman, who limped off the field on a damaged left knee. Revenge hit, said the Chargers afterward. Jeff Fisher ordered it. Now I'm not taking sides in this issue, but if I were the prosecuting attorney, representing the plaintiff Chargers, I'd put Fisher on the stand, and my first question would be, "Now who was your coach again, when you played for the Bears?" "Buddy Ryan," he would say. "The prosecution rests it's case," I'd say.

Fox Sports

The Chargers rallied from a 14-point, fourth-quarter deficit to earn a 23-17 victory against the Titans in overtime. The gritty win was San Diego's third straight victory and seventh in nine games. For all the negativity surrounding the Chargers this season, they're suddenly 8-5 and in position for a division title and first-round home playoff game. Norv Turner's caught a lot of slack this year. But hey, San Diego's undoubtedly one of the hottest teams in the league.

Yahoo Sports

Cole rankings - #8

Robinson rankings - #8

2. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Someone needs to let this writer know that people are "cut slack", meaning they are given some rope, and people "catch flack", meaning they are under fire. He has his phrases mixed up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    lol, I didn't even catch that on the first read through. You're right, of course.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    A good hit? Yet another media ******* completely mischaracterizing the play.

• Like Like x 2
  5. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    ESPN actually has us as #7.

• Like Like x 1
  6. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Actually, I was subbing for Merriman on that play. :yes:

7. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    CUT POWDER!

:icon_mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  8. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Naw, I'm just kidding. :D It was really sd.

9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Eh - screw power rankings. The Lombardi is all I care about.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Considering how empty headed these guys are most of the time, their power rankings are worth about as much as the polling on the Iowa Caucuses.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    :icon_rofl: There's RC - putting it into perspective again! :icon_tease:

As much as we ***** about these guys on their other takes, why would we care about their power rankings?? :icon_shrug:

They're all polishing Brady's knob - what else is there to know?