1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The "REAL" LT Poll!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jan 23, 2008.

?

Did LT Puss Out in any way shape or form during the AFC Championship

Poll closed Feb 2, 2008.
  1. YES

8.8%
  2. NO

91.3%
  1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Bro, you're dealing with a few posters who can't live without b!tching. Now that I gave Norv props, they can't b!tch about me anymore.
    So now they need you to b!tch about.

They're just catty like some women are if another woman is getting more attention or if she's wearing a more expensive dress.

Though one thing I have trouble understanding is why "The Children's Room" got closed. I created it just for them. I even threw in Teletubbies, Barney, Romper Room and all those this that would soothe their kind of mentality.
    I really thought I was doing something good but what can you do? :icon_shrug:

2. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_toast:

3. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    A-MEN!

They should be embarrassed, but they won't be, but they have no time. They are too busy sitting around in their little circle jerk, telling each other how courageous and "right" they are, and how they are prophets and ****.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    [​IMG]

DO NOT BEAR FALSE PROPHETS FOR I AM THE ONLY ONE.

5. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Well, I have no respect for your posts. With an air of condescension, you offer me your, "respect." But you offer nothing in the way of facts to support your counter-argument.

You engage in ad hominem attacks, and then criticize others for "insults and personal attacks."

Dismissing those who disagree with you as "simple-minded homers" is every bit as insulting as calling you, Trumpy and your ilk a bunch of rabble-rousing douchebags.

You add absolutely nothing of substance to this forum. You've only celebrated the fact that you got attention for your substance-less posts, and mocked those who disagree with you.

Shouting, "Freedom baby," does not excuse your thoughtless, self-aggrandizing blather. Just because you have the right to behave like an *** does not mean you should.

You want to act as if you are somehow above the fray, when in reality you are the lowest common denominator: a pea-brained, egotistical attention-seeker who gets off on annoying the **** out of all who come in contact with you. Gee, no wonder you and Trumpy get along so well with each other. :lol:

You are the worst, most insidious kind of troll--the troll that lacks the self-awareness to realize that he is a troll--forever lessening the discourse while proclaiming your superiority.

6. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

Well then...you have mis-judged me terribly. There was absolutely ZERO condescension intended.

And in the process, and in the process, shown your true colors which is basically that of a pea-brained adolescent.

I must say...I do disagree with Trumpy...he said you were a good guy......:lol: In actuality...you're a douchebag.

So with that being said.....here's to ya'
    :icon_finger:

So there ya go....count me in as my vulgar post # 1.

7. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    And still no counter argument.

Posting :icon_toast: and :flag: repeatedly does not qualify as an argument.

I know, I know. I'm just the latest in the line of simple-minded homers who has victimized you by identifying your true nature.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I set up "The Children's Room" for you and the rest of your circle jerk members.

9. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    Trumpet_man = OverTheTop²

10. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    You never see a counter argument because unless it agrees with you....it's useless to you.

I've been saying all along that LT sulked on the sideline...NOT JUST in the playoff game, but SEVERAL times this year AND showed our QB up on a couple of ocassions. Word is he whined to Marty about Norv, and basically has acted like a little biotch this year. Obviously, it looks like there was no way he could really play on that leg....but the question posed was "did LT puss out IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM".....and by his sideline display which was not out of character this year....my answer was YES.

So take a F'n chill already and don't be such a dik.:tdown:

11. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I'm finding that there are poster(s) taking this all too seriously... Take and aspirin or two before you stroke out... Will ya? :icon_shrug:

12. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_toast:

Tell me about it...you try to be nice to some of these fukkers and obviously they want to do nothing but engage in personal attacks.

13. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    :tup:

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I agree.

If some here are going to be getting all worked up about LT from here on out, I will need to close this thread unless we get thing to cool down please. It will be much appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +913
    OK, I can buy most of that. I would imagine he was disappointed beyond belief, I mean, this is the AFC Championship, and dude can't play. He wants more than anything to be in that game, and he can't help his team. I don't know what he was doing on the sidelines the entire time, I wasn't there, and all I saw on TV were a couple quick shots of him seated. Maybe his leg really f'n hurt, and walking around wasn't going to happen, maybe not. I don't know, so I won't make a definitive statement as others seem to want to do.

I just think suggestions that he COULD play and chose not to are just beyond ludicrous. And yes, that means that I think Jim Brown and Deion Sanders are full of ****. They don't know anything about what was going on in LT's knee, so passing judgment is just silly.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Not many, if any fans, had the sack to address this point and it is a damn good one.

What effing signal does it send to the head coach when LT calls Marty (and LT announces it) ?

BoltDieHard mentioned it in brief and then dropped it like a hot tamale and most who are astute, should get the message but not in a forum. Not by a long shot.

17. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

And the funny thing is that no one complained when LT called Marty to whine about Norv......yet they attacked any FAN who knocked Norv for the way the team played the first 10 games this year.

18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU PUSS OUT

TIME TO SHED SHOCKEY?

Lost amid the hype and the preparations for Super Bowl XLII is Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey. And his apparent lack of interest in what his team is trying to accomplish might be reason enough for the Giants to sever ties with him.

Shockey broke a leg late in the regular season. As we recently heard, Shockey is pissed that the team has done so well without him. Some league observers believe that the sudden maturity of quarterback Eli Manning has resulted at least in part from the absence of the loud-mouthed tight end.

According to the Denver Post, the Giants have invited Shockey to attend the Super Bowl. But Shockey has yet to decide whether to accept the invitation.

Let's repeat that one. Jeremy Shockey, a member of the New York Giants football club, has not yet decided whether he'll attend the Super Bowl as a member of the team.

Of course, Shockey is slated to attend Terrell Owens' Super Bowl party on Thursday night as a "confirmed guest," along with the likes of Tony Romo and Chad Johnson and JaMarcus Russell.

If Shockey attends the T.O. party but isn't with his team for the Super Bowl, then the Giants should trade him or cut him. Sure, he's under contract through 2011. Yeah, there would be cap consequences. But we can envision no greater act of selfishness or betrayal than for a supposed member of a team to fail to provide support and respect as the organization tries to pull off one of the all-time great underdog stories in league history.:icon_eek::icon_eek: (SOUND FAMILIAR?:lol: )

It truly would be a case of addition by subtraction. Heck, it already has been.

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Sounds like LT is contagious :abq2: :icon_rofl:

19. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    It is so mind bending it almost ruins my buzz (yeah right) but I ain't going to let them faze me. :flag:

It is called being a hypocrite to be blunt. :yes:

20. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    I won't F'n chill. When someone assaults LT for no reason, I'm going to take up for him. He does not deserve the criticism.

As far as LT sulking on the sideline "several times," please identify when that was. Identify anyone, a single person on the sideline or who knows LT, that accused him of sulking. Find a single complaint from a player, coach or team administrator about LT's behavior.

Posting stuff like, "word is LT whined to Marty about Norv," is just lazy and stupid. Unless you were privvy to that call, or you can cite a source besides baseless media speculation for that claim, you are being irresponsible by repeating it.

LT sat on the sideline with his teammates. It's impossible for us to know if he was vocal enough or too vocal, if he sulked or if he didn't. My point is that LT has earned the benefit of the doubt. For seven years he has exemplified class with his stellar play, his relentless work ethic and his selfless attitude.

So LT has spent seven years showing Charger fans the kind of player and the kind of man that he is. Now, you are going to question him because of a few shots of him on the sideline and some third hand media speculation? My response to that is: F'in chill already and don't be such a dik.

21. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    I would say for 6 years he has displayed class through his selfless play and for one year, his latest, he's been a whiner and a sulker.......and it all started with his little girly fit after the playoff game last year...you know...when he spoke in the first person telling us he's a "classy guy."

Gotta admit...I always loved this guy...his attitude change has been a HUGE shock to me.:icon_huh::icon_shrug:

Along with how many times I've had to defend him this year to non Charger fans.....but the sideline stuff in the playoffs just sealed the deal for me.

22. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    For someone who for months hid behind "look at Norv's record" like a girl cowering behind her mother's skirt, you sure are quick to defend those who haven't bothered to "look at LT's record."

23. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    I give mad props to Norv for turning the ship around this year...but let's not get carried away. with this teams talent....making it to the AFC CHampionship game is what they were SUPPOSED to do anyway.

Again...nice job Norv but let's not start confusing the guy with someone one could call a real good head coach just yet.

24. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    If you don't understand LT being offended by Ellis Hobbs pretending to piss on the Bolts logo after the game, then I guess you just don't understand the idea of good sportsmanship. LT's point was that he would never disrespect an opponent like that, and he expected the same level of respect and class from his opponents. It wasn't a "little girly fit." It was a principled stand by a man who was disgusted by the lack of class shown to him and his teammates. I'm sure LT would be the first to admit that he overreacted in his post-game press conference. It was an emotional time. But that hardly makes him "a whiner and a sulker."

Calling yourself a classy guy does not make you one. But calling yourself a classy guy also does not preclude you from being a classy guy, either.

In one instance, you're criticizing LT for being emotional, and in another, you're criticizing him for not being emotional enough. I guess LT can't win.

If LT was jumping up and down on the sidelines during the AFC Champ game, people would have whined, "If he can jump around, he should have been out on the field playing." Some people just get off on tearing down people who are better than them.

25. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

Then if LT feels the way he says he felt regarding the Pats celebration then how does he feel about members of his own team and their ridiculous dances they do when making routine plays?

Sorry...to me he sounded like a sore loser.

Instead of complaining about Hobbs and the rest of the Pats and Bellichick, maybe he should of read his own teammates the riot act like McCree and Florence for costing them the game.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That comment did not set well with me at all. Opposing fans had a field day with it. At the time LT said it, I said nothing about it. I pussed out. :lol:

27. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_rofl:

28. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I disagree with that and IMO Norv put to bed a lot of questions regarding not only himself but also the team in general not to mention AJ's decision to hire him in the first place. Norv just did what Marty and numerous coaches before him since Boss Ross couldn't do and that's have success in the postseason. Not only success but the win in Indy was also for the most part without LT and Gates (although I've always loved Michael Turner against he Colts defense). I'm still amazed at how our passing game developed in the postseason and it's obvious where Norv wants to take this offense. I gurantee you the AFC West and the Conference in general are ******** their pants already.

I understand the talent arguement but it's not that simple IMO and I think we need to remember just how young this team really is.

:bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  29. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

I agree regarding how far the team went this year.....but we were sold on this team needing to go "deep into the playoffs" and yes that is what happened...despite being a hair away from being a very disappointing year. Norv deserves credit for righting the ship.

Just for the record, when Norv was hired, although i did think it was a mistake to fire Marty after going 14-2, I stated that Norv could end up being like Joe Torre.....Torre was called "clueless Joe" and was a career loser as a manager until he came to the Yankees. Now he is a sure lock hall of famer. Different sport...same concept.....Now that Norv has talent to work with...maybe he will become special. All I am saying is that based on the talent level and expectations going into the season, it was not unreasonable to criticize Norv when the team was 5-5 and playing like ****.

30. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I was on VJ's *** early on and the scratched lung cart fiasco from last year.

Vincent Jackson grew up and arrived in the playoffs.

I was sitting back after seeing multiple passes thrown, dude caught my wow factor and set it in motion.

Put it this way - he de-pussified himself in my eyes. :yes: