1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The "REAL" LT Poll!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Jan 23, 2008.

?

Did LT Puss Out in any way shape or form during the AFC Championship

Poll closed Feb 2, 2008.
  1. YES

8.8%
  2. NO

91.3%
  1. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171

Agreed but at 5-5 I was not expecting this team to go deep into the playoffs. :lol:

T-Man it was fun watching Rivers, VJ, Cro and others grow up before our very eyes. :yes::abq2:

We're gonna own this **** fellas we all just had a premature ejaculation with Marty. It happens. :yes: :icon_shrug:

Nice comparison to Torre and if it works out that way we'll be pimping some hardware. :yes:

2. Chuck F.

Chuck F. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +37
    :tup::icon_toast:

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

I guess LT's a bandwagoner. huh? :lol:
    How come no thread was started for LT to give Norv props?
    Why no complaints sent to LT from those same posters that b!tch about me?

Though in all seriousness... I've glad he did that. For what ever reason, the team started playing better after words.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    There was no need to hide behind anything till the Playoffs. At week 10 being 5-5 and not even looking like a team, he looked like the same Norv we saw in Washington and Oakland. Only thins time, no excuses for lacking talent.

With that said... all I am doing is pointing out bad behavior.

5. sdbound

sdbound New Member

Ratings:
    +942
    What?

6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    :icon_rofl: :tup: :icon_toast:

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Yes, turning on his teammates would have been the correct response. The more I learn about what you think is right, the more I'm happy that LT has disappointed you.

Celebrating a play during a game is different than celebrating on a team's logo after the game. After a game, players typically come together, shake hands and congratulate each other. It's not hypocritical in the least. If one of LT's teammates had celebrated on another team's logo after a game, my guess is that LT would have been critical of that teammate.

Sorry if you don't understand the distinction, but it's a big one. Celebrating a play during a game is different than mocking a team after the game.

8. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    :icon_rofl:
    One more player you were wrong about. :icon_rofl::abq2::abq1:

9. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

So...then I assume in your eyes it's ok for teammates to act like arseholes but if the opposition does it's disrespectful........some sort of bizzare sports rule hypocrisy.

Oh...let me guess...it's the "logo" that's the issue. OMG...please...what are they 11 years old?

Wanna stop teams from celebrating on your field?

WIN THE FARKIN' GAME!!!!! Otherwise head to locker room hit the showers and STFU.

10. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Well, now, it appears that LT has six more weeks of recovery after further injuring himself in the Pats game in the four plays he was in. This wuss out meme about LT is just plain stupid. Time to man up and admit the juvenile, puerile and sterile nature of the manure that's been spread about him.

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Hey Trumpy, when you call me tonight, dont be complaining about the bathroom tile job. I just want to hear about the Chargers.

Also no more complaining about me complaining about your calls. Got that?!

Good. Now that said.....

:abq2:LT I SUPPORT YOU!:abq2:
    :abq2:Sproles is a weapon! Gramps and EC I told you so:abq2:
    :abq2:Cromartie is the shiznit!:abq2:
    :abq2:Hanestly!:abq2:

12. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Beating a team is not an excuse to act like a fool. Pretending to piss on a team's logo is NEVER an acceptable form of "celebration."

There's no hypocrisy, only an important distinction. You are obviously not a fan of player celebrations. Fine. But they are a fact of life in the NFL. Most players on most teams have some way of celebrating a sack or a touchdown. What you almost never see is a player mocking an opponent at midfield AFTER THE GAME. Why do you not see that? Because it violates the rules of good sportsmanship. You are taught since Pop Warner that when the game is over, you shake your opponents' hand and congratulate them. That's what everybody but the Pats and their coach do.

Why is it that all these players that celebrate during the game make a point of not doing it after the game? Is it blatant hypocrisy on their part, or do they make a distinction, as do I, on celebrating during a game and mocking your opponent after the game? My guess is it's the latter.

Now that your argument about LT being a puss has been defeated, you've gone back to "LT is a whiner." Maybe if you just keep expanding your argument, you can blame LT for the subprime mortgage crisis or global warming.

13. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    LT needs simple rest to recover. He'll have certain rehab exercises to to, but that's it. He will probably be just about healed before Phillip begins intensive rehab. Rivers will be on a passive motion machine while he heals for a little bit more and he is probably doing nothing more than range of motion work right now. I'm not sure how soon actual resistance work will start.

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I never said I wanted VJ CUT. Never. I never said he would not amount to **** as well. He de-pussified himself just like any player has to do. Learn the stages of what it means to be a man in this game. They are all pusssssies until they prove themselves in battle.

Nobody, I mean nobody gets a free pass.

15. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    They are all pussssies until they prove themselves to you?

Sorry, T-bag, but you're just not that important.

16. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654
    That is right.

I do not give anyone a free pass no matter the player like you do. They have to prove they are worthy and until then, they effing suckass. They are worms. They do not even have the right to breathe my air.

Unlike you who probably thinks if a player is here, get on your knees and give them the hummer. Yeah right. :tdown:

17. Retired Catholic

Ratings:
    +347
    I've seen some awfully tough players take time to learn the game, the same way as VJ. Was Dielman a puss in his first year on the taxi squad?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

OMG you haver the homer blinders on big time.

Our team...yes the team we root for...has some of the mouthiest show boaters in the league. Just because you fall into this "the world is out to get us" mentality, doesn't make it so. I can tell you that outside of SD, the Chargers are not a team people find it easy to root for...trust me...it's true. So to me....when our players complain about other teams talking and showboating it's nothing more than sour grapes.

And you're sorta correct...I never understood the need for players to showboat. But the fact is...it happens so often that it's kinda silly that now we have people determining what different levels of showboating is acceptable. It either all is...or all isn't.

Like I said...wann's shut the other team up?? WIN THE GAME.

Win the game....or STFU.

19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,764
    We have no clue as to the why that the Pats felt they would dance on the Bolt logo. I'm sure during the game many words were exchanged that may have caused some hard feelings. We've heard about it through the press how our Bolt players like to run their mouths, is it possible that it is finally catching up to them?

I wish Merriman and the rest of our boy's and this includes River's would just STFU and play the damn game. Beat the holy hell out of them and leave em weeping. I'd rather we just be a bad *** team we come into your town and win, no more no less.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37
    :icon_toast: Great post.

I have no problem with players talking....I mean...OK...fine...I don't think it's necessary and I think it's stupid but hey...it's a fact of life and has become part of the game. But let's not complicate it by now making rules about what level of celebratory action is acceptable and what isn't.

If Rivers want's to talk....whatever.

If Merriman wants to dance....whatever.....

It's all fine if everyone does it....just don't cry about it when your team gets beat.

WIN THE GAME OR STFU.

21. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374
    Outside of SD (I live outside of SD), most people only know what the talking heads say about the Chargers. And the talking heads are full of ****.

Rivers gets bashed for shouting in Cutler's direction after Cutler grabbed his crotch and made an obscene gesture toward the Chargers sideline. Brady or Favre would have done the same thing.

Merriman gets bashed for his sack dance. Bruce Smith had a sack dance. Neil Smith had a sack dance. Michael Strahan has a sack dance. Why aren't these guys contstantly being criticized?

The truth is sports journalists are lazy. Most of them live 3000 miles from SD, and it's easier for them to sensationalize a sound byte or regurgitate an invalid opinion (Norv's terrible, Rivers is a punk, The Colts will roll) than it is to learn about the team.

Make a valid point or STFU.

22. boltssbbound

Ratings:
    +1,374

Sorry, but nothing is that black and white, Mr. Simpleton. If an opponent takes a celebratory **** on the Chargers logo, is that justified because Rivers likes to talk a little smack? There are distinctions between apporpriate and inappropriate behavior.

You want to pretend that because the Chargers talk, they deserve whatever they get, and that's BS. When an opponent celebrates a big play, Charger players don't get pizzed, because they do the same thing. When an opponent mocks the Chargers by dancing on their logo and pretending to take a piss on it, the Chargers get pizzed because that's over the line. It's not something you've ever seen them do.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Chuck F.

Ratings:
    +37

Yeah...sure...all sports jounalists have nothing better to do than to pick on the poor persecuted Chargers. Give me a F'n break. Save the drama. You know how wrong you are?? I'll tell you. In NY.....the local sports stations were KILLING Rivers ALL year about his jawing and that he wasn't that good yada yada yada. Well...you know what? After the playoffs it was an entirely different story.....they were RAVING about his GUTS and saying he could play on there team ANYDAY. And when the team was 5-5...they were criticizing the Chargers for being lippy and front-runners.....and you know what...deservedly so. But after the team's gutsy playoff performace this year...they were raving about the Bolts as the next up and coming team. They called the team out when they stunk....and gave props when they turned it around. Hardly sounds like some great anti-Charger conspiracy to me.

I do agree that the Broncos were just as guilty in that trash talking episode as Rivers and Co. But that's the point...they all talk. what's the problem?? All the more reason why you can't cry about it when you lose.

And Rivers talking crap after the game about Ellis Hobbs last year........as if Rivers doesn't talk...come on....please. You talk about celebrating after the game being poor sportsmanship. Well does that include Rivers when he jaws at fans after games?? And I LOVE Rivers.. I've defended the guy ALL YEAR. I couldn't care less if he does these things....the guy's a WINNER and will be a champion. But the point is...many of our players DO have very big mouths and have no room to criticize any other team. It can't be OK for our guys but not OK for other team's players.

And until I agree with you...you won't ever consider anything I say a "valid" point so don't be such a smart *** and grow the F' up.:tdown:

Do you want to have a discussion or do you want to just escalate things. I choose the former.

24. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,375
    :drama:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,223
    Tis the season....

The off season that is....

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,764
    This isn't some Lost Wages show line, the NFL is serious business. I'd prefer that we go in like a hired gun. Take care of business and get the hell out.

By the way it wasn't Chuck who brought this up is was me, and yes I'd rather we go in like a Clint Eastwood hired gun and Fawk em up, take thier women and then quietly leave town.

• Like Like x 1
  27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yes. Let's bring it back to the main topic:

Anyone else hear LT on Dan Patrick Show yesterday? He confirmed that it was Norv's decision to pull him from the game and sit him and not allow him to return.

It was during hour 2 about halfway through...

Here's the clip for download:
    Dan Patrick Show 1/31 - LT Interview...

So now what... all you members of the Pussomlinson Brigade?
    Is he a puss and a liar? :icon_shrug: