1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Real Official Game Day Thread: Chargers @ Patriots - 9/18

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Sep 18, 2011.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Why? Would you recommend we play Tolbert instead?

• Like Like x 1
  2. DenverBolt

DenverBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    At least it's only game two of the season. Lot of room to improve. Bring on KC! Hopefully a gimme win.

3. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Baxter was claimed by the JETS on waivers, I agree on Weddle

4. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +19
    Why would you expect anything different, Its the same old story every year every big game. We have some mentally weak players and suspect play calling in crucial times.

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    lol, sick of the same sloppy **** we see every year and make very average teams look like jugernauts. Congrats on the win buck best of luck to you, and I hope Arrington has a broken neck for trying to tackle Mathews like that...smh.

6. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +237
    I want Norv's head for this game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. airbolt

airbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +25
    I was on the road listening to the Chargers broadcast on XM. Jesus. sounds like two guys doing play by play for the Bismarck Beavers, not an NFL team. Same Charger let down. Defense giving up way too many yards, especially in first half, no pressure on Brady or the receivers. Turn overs & f ups seem to just be a signature of the Turner era, not enough focus or discipline.

8. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +100
    I hate to say it but this could be the team that is stacked with talent and at the same time can be hindered by sh!ty game plans. Of course no one on the coaching staff was talking about turnovers but this defensive scheme was awful.

9. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    True, but what we as fans can take away from this game is that we CAN beat the Patriots, it's no longer just a chance that we could, we gave it to them today. Had the offense taken advantage of the red zone opportunities we're looking at a whole different game. Defense really needs to pick it up, but they are NOT is mid season form yet so that's something to make note of. I really have a feeling that they'll play the best when it matters the most. But this lost hurts.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The Chargers have been able to beat the Patriots for a while...they just don't do it. There is no question of the Chargers abilities...it's the turnovers.

11. Navybolt

Navybolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been a Bolts fan for over thirty years which means that I have lived through a LOT OF AGONY.

Honestly guys...

Can't you put some pressure on the quarterback?

Can't you run for one foot at the goal line? You don't make that foot running east-west. You gain that foot by giving the ball to your great back, Michael Turner and have him slam it through. OOPS, I FORGOT! We no longer have Michael Turner, we have Ryan Mathews...

What stupid dufus gave up Michael Turner and then sold the farm to get Mathews? I guess that it is the Dufus that has screwed up our drafts and kept Nervous Norv as coach!

Of course, one of our quarterbacks does have a Superbowl Ring! Unfortunately he got it while with the New Orleans Saints playing under a real coach, after the Chargers got rid of him because they thought he couldn't play because of his injury. I guess that they wanted to make up for that error by drafting a guy with a history of college injuries, Ryan Mathews.

12. Scott the Rock

Scott the Rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +100
    Wow

• Like Like x 1
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,231
    We can, providing we dont act like the Raiders and give the game away... :(

14. Nutz&Boltz

Nutz&Boltz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +6
    Lol. This loss hurts, we gift wrapped the W with a pretty bow before we gave it the Pats. But we'll hopefully see them again.

15. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    I am taking the blame for this one! Created the Game Day Thread early and throwing off the teams MOJO!@

But really, OUCH. Why do we ALWAYS play like this against the Pats. I mean really, it is getting old. :(

16. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +161
    The loss was very painful. Luckily I had a lot of people over and alcohol was being consumed. That softened the blow some.
    I had one Pats fan here and another texting me. That did suck. We did the same as last year, 4 turnovers and no stops when it mattered. Same old song and dance. Its like Ground Hog day. We continue to wear the can't win the big game tag. So far we wear it well. The team is reflecting it's coach, no fire Norv. I counted this as a loss before the season started. I think we can go 4-1 going into the bye. We SHOULD still win the division. Luckily it's an early season loss, though it still hurts like hell! Did you guys see Spanos on the sideline? He was pissed, maybe it will light a fire under his ***, and he will take off the rose colored glasses. This loss was like a pig with a bow on it. UGLY.

17. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Its too bad you all werent in the situation to listen in on the Chiefs post game radio show, I swear what they were talking about actualy shook me inside being a local and all how much the Fans were down on their team and rightfully so. They lost to Buff AND Det. What did we do? We hung with the greatest QB still playing the game for almost long enuff.

This team does need a new Identity on alot of what we see/get. First halfs with 80% pass plays to RBs and vanilla D. Aparently amazing Halftime adjustments that make us look like the plan was to suck in the first half just to get a edge on the other team.... It has been stated by several already that this team is too predictable game after game BIG or small.

BUT we are 2-1 after the KC kickin.

But seriously please keep it together ppl, dont go off burning the wagon like KC fans are doing to their organization as a whole. KC 2 missed FGs 5 Turnovers 2nd worste back to back point differential at 89-6 or someting Titans had worst with only a score or so more at 93-9. Chiefs fans DO have reason to be ready to throw their hopes for the season out the window with Jamal out for the season to sit next to their other Greatest D player Berry. Also the fanbase has reason to seek out a REAL team to cheer for and say that is my team when the LOCAL team has a better record of losing games than winning. Its hard to talk football when you want to talk about your team and everyone is asking you, "Yea what is up with your team why do they suck so much?"

18. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Your team is your team...win or lose. It's your team, man.

• Like Like x 1
  19. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,770
    I really don't know what to think of this loss. Is the Pat's offense that good or is the Bolt's defense still the same???

20. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,388
    Turn the ball over 4 times to ANY team = loss. Hell, stats show you lose 90% of the time if you turn the ball over 3 times.

Also, failing on 4 & half a yard at the goal line will kill you too.

This team simply wasn't ready for Brady & the Pats today.

21. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    The offense is that good. The Pats know how to put points on the board. Brady has almost 1,000 passing yards and he has tossed seven TDs already...in two games, and you guys defensed him well....you just gave him too many opportunities to do it...he's the best field general in the game.

22. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +299
    I meant because of the shitstorm it would cause if he actually fumbled

23. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +251
    I believe most of what cost us the game today is fixable (...without firing the coaching staff and cutting certain players).
    I don't like the Pats...never have...but they are one of the top teams in the AFC and they played a largely mistake free game. The Chargers coughed up 4 turnovers on offense and the defense had their share of problems...and we still had a chance to win the game into the 4th quarter. Unfortunately, the margin for error against the Pats is pretty small.

I hope the team is angry about this game that they let get away...and that they re-focus....and take it out on the Cheifs next Sunday.