1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

THE REAL POLL - WHO WILL BE THE #2 TO VJ?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by AnteaterCharger, Aug 3, 2007.

?

Who will play opposite Vincent Jackson?

1. Craig "Buster" Davis

22 vote(s)
    44.0%
  2. Malcolm Floyd

28 vote(s)
    56.0%
  3. Someone else

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Who's going to be the #2?

Well since Parker's out I might as well put the poll up

Who's it going to be?

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,929
    Since I Was dumb enough not to include a poll in the last one I hope the mods will kindly delete it

Now since Parker's on the shelf, let's put it to a poll

3. Kev

Kev BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +39
    :)

I said Floyd, but that's only because Davis hasn't had time in games yet. If Davis looks as good in a few weeks as some people say he has in camp, who knows?

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    I'm thinking Davis.

Floyd has a decent chance though, but Parker's injury may move Davis up past Floyd. I think Norv is looking for a speedy and good route-runner with excellent hands to complement VJ.

5. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Im really excited about both guys, but im going to go with Davis because of his much needed speed

But id be happy with either of those guys

6. Bawl Movement

Bawl Movement BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    I'll say Floyd because Davis seems like a natural fit for slot at this point with his YAC ability. Floyd would be the biggest slot WR in the league!

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I'm feeling it's gonna be Davis. He's got "it", I can see it at practice. We'll really see what he's got over the preseason. I like Floyd, but I think CD is more versatile. 2 6'5" recievers though....db nightmare.

8. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Throw Gates and Chandler in there. Here's what opposing secondaries could be facing in a "Redwood" offense :D :

VJ - 6' 5" 241 lbs
    Floyd - 6' 5" 228 lbs
    Gates - 6' 4" 260 lbs
    Chandler - 6' 7" 265 lbs

9. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    EP being out hurts a WR corps that operates by committee. Rivers knew Parker and appeared confident in his abilities. IMO the #1 nad #2 go to the recievers that Rivers is in sync with the most.

Hopefully VJ's route running has improved if not, Rivers will never be able to get that flow and confidence. I think Rivers off season work w/Buster is going to prove very vital this season.

My guess is VJ and Buster with Floyd looking to step up. I really don't see any of the three becoming marquee type WR's this season. IMO that role will stay with Gates. But in the future, I think Buster is the one that will shine.

TBF

10. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    My opinion is this:

We have Chandler, Naanee, Camarillo and Osgood who need to step up and take up the slack from Parkers injury.

These guys as well will need to step up if they want to make the roster as either our #4 or #5 WR's if we have that luxury:

McKnight
    Jones
    Musinski
    Simmons
    Shackelford

I am just glad that we have the rest of Training Camp and the Preseason to see who is and who is not going to be on our roster when the regular season begins.

We were kind of lucky it happened now to Parker instead of during the season when it could have hurt us the most.

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    True dat. I voted Davis - I think the kid is gonna show the league that AJ & Co. made another great draft decision. We'll weather the absence of EP. At least now we know who won't be returning punts.

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Yeah, watching Inside TC last night, Davis' skills were very apparent. I don't know when we last had a WR with the run after catch ability Davis has. CD's not only fast, he's sudden. This guy is going to be a contributor this year.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Great post!! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. NW Bolt Fan

NW Bolt Fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    I think it'll highlight the reciever by committee approach. Floyd early, and if Davis contiues to look like he has in the blips I've caught here and there, he'll garner more and more time as the season progresses.

15. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    I agree.... which is why I voted, Floyd.:yes:

16. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Nothing against Davis but he's a rookie, and there's almost always a transitional period for rookies. Floyd looked like he was on the verge of being our best receiver last year until he was hurt. I think Floyd / Jackson will be 1A and 1B with Davis getting a lot of looks in situations.

• Like Like x 1
  17. NW Bolt Fan

NW Bolt Fan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +3
    Slightly off topic, but has anyone seen how Shackelford has been in camp? Dude was a pretty good wideout on a pretty poor team last year @ UW.

18. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    I was figuring Davis would be in the slot. That puts them all on the field.

19. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    I LIKE IT!!!! :tup: The "Redwood" offense would give ME the wood!

20. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    We should have never let Keenan go....:rolleyes2:

21. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    I voted Davis. I'm telling you guys, this is a special kid who will not need a "transition period" to be successful. :yes:

Before the year is out, Craig Davis will be the go-to WR, and Floyd will push VJ down to #3.

22. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I voted Floyd only because Davis is a rookie. Losing Parker hurts but it does create an opportunity for someone else. Let's hope all three of these guys can get it done. I wouldn't mind a vet out there or on the team but I have no idea who is even available.

• Like Like x 1
  23. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    I don't think this is any need for concern. This just gives Floyd and Davis more reps with the first team, always a good thing in developing a player.

• Like Like x 1
  24. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    nfl network tc mentioned they were putting buster in the slot. him being a wr, i think he could be our #1 in no time. height hands and speed say so too. if he doesnt surpass vj within a year or two i'd say he isn't worth a number one pick.

25. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Dont know about the 2nd part, but agree 100% about davis being good to go as a rookie

26. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    And you're basing that on VJ staying stagnant? VJ is also a guy with immense talent and freakish physical ability. I think your logic is a bit off if VJ has a 1k+ yard and 10+ touchdown season and Buster can't top him. I'm hoping that both guys are just productive and do their part in delivering W's. That alone justifies either of their selections at any point in the draft.

27. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I made the statement today at fanfest to all the guys, Davis doesn't look like a rookie out there. He is very fluid and smooth, he's precise in his route running, he's got soft hands, and great breakaway YAC speed.

He's going to surprise alot of people this year.

28. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

Parker

29. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,746

p88f, you need to pay more attention to your boy. He's OUT for 10 weeks with a toe injury.

Sellout.