1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Real reseason we lost!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by P88F, Jan 14, 2007.

1. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    i think everyone is overlooking the real reason we lost and that is because the mother ****ing chocke job Kaeding struck again and ****ing sucked it up for us again! The dude is a ****ing pro stop making up excuses up for the ****er already, cut his *** like stiches!

2. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    You're joking, right?

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
  4. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    no i am not

5. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
  6. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    You had better look in the mirror who you are named after before calling out Keading.

He was the least of our problems on the long list of issues in todays game.

7. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    He did .. and I believe the opening kick was over 54 yds (a kick he made apparently at Iowa) .. come playoffs at the Q, he can't seem to make those particular plays ..\

What's up with the 95? Was he a lineman at one time?

8. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

dude wtf are you talking about if the dip **** would of made the kick we would of won`! or tied whatever the fn score was

9. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    You must be drinking to much.

For Keading to even be put in a situation to make a 54 yard FG was because of boneheaded plays by Parker, VJ, Florence, McCree and Marty's wasting of timeouts.

Add to the fact that LT got only 10 total touches in the second half.

But go right ahead and blame Keading if it makes you feel better.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    you gotta get off this rant man :no:

11. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    i mean seriously what the ****! the ****er cant make a 50 yarder now? is he a pro or HS team? I mean really stop sniffing this guys nuts the dude blew it!

12. Critter

Critter BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    And Parker can't catch a 10 yard crossing pattern.

Fire his *** also.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Hey look.

The REAL reason we lost is because you sold your playoff tickets and did not attend which jinxed the whole fuc-king season.

That is the REAL reason ~ cabrone.

14. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Parker is a FAR bigger reason for this loss than Kaeding.

15. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99

ya that too! what a pinche haha trade Parker too... i am not saying he did good em i?

16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I can count on two hands how many FGs Nate has missed since we had him, and that includes playoffs.

I'm not pleased with him missing that FG at the end, and I even questioned aloud to my uncle if we should keep him or not, but to place this loss mainly on his shoulders is a bit much.

The Chargers should not even have been in position for him to choke a FG.

The fact that they even had to drive the ball for a game tying FG is ludacrious.

People to blame, in this order, are

1. Eric Parker - dropped catches galore, muffed punt
    2. Marlon McCree - Intercepting the ball when they're going for it on 4th down. SWAT THE BALL DOWN! Even if you don't fumble and give it back to them you're still costing us field position.
    3. Drayton Florence - head but
    4. Vincent Jackson - had some dropped catches of his own, didn't get the toe down for the TD
    5. Marty - idiot call to challenge McCree's fumble....cost us a time out
    6. Nate Kaeding - missed 54 yard FG attempt that could've tied it.
    7. Rivers. - had a great game, altogether, but needlessly wasted a timeout that could've been vital in that last drive....and then had horrible clock management in said drive.

There's plenty of blame to go around, and Nate deserves some of it, but to call him the "Real reason we lost" when there was so many other boneheaded plays in the game is a bit much.

17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    54 yards is not a chip shot.

Sure, it would've been clutch if he nailed it, but it's not automatic.

Nate is far down the blame list.

18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I'm too pissed to go perusing NFL sites to get stats, but he's made plenty of 50 yarders for us....but they're not chip shots.

edit: by "plenty" I mean 4.

I am starting to get concerned about him when big games are on the line (this is twice now, despite the peripherals surrounding the senarios) but you're going a bit far in your blame game.

19. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I remembered seeing him hit some.

Does that include tonight?

21. Shamrock

Ratings:
    +1,243
    No. 4-6 regular season. Those don't include playoffs.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    So he's 4-8 from 50+ if you include the playoffs.

That's not too good.

23. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Adam Vinatieri 8-18 from 50+ during reg season, Kaeding 4-6. Thanks come again. The bottom line is that you should expect 50+ yarders to go in 50% of the time. Kaeding didn't get it. Oh well.

24. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,422
    I didn't realize Adam V. was that "bad" from 50+

Perhaps 50 yarders are even tougher than I thought they were.

25. mapcap55

mapcap55 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +66

You must have been to busy shotgunning beers to see that this team blew many chances to put this one away.

As mad as I was at Kaeding for missing A 54 yard field goal I was even more upset at things like McCree not securing the int, Rivers throwing that ill advised screen that was picked off or the unbelievably stupid unsportsmanlike conduct calls on Florence and Olivea. YOU BOY not falling on the muffed punt return!!

Face it, this team beat themselves by making boneheaded moves like this and letting a team like the patriots hang around. Kaeding missing a field goal that would have matched his career long was just one mistake on a long list.

26. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    yep. there's no point in this

27. P88F

P88F BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +99
    i am embarrased to wear my jersey anyone want it?

28. ppsofdasun

ppsofdasun Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +0
    Are you all retarded?

lucky win?!??!

talk about sore losers.

The chargers lost this game because of some incredibly dumb coaching decisions, special teams mistakes, and the calm way the patriots have overcome adversity year in and out.

1) marty is the biggest idiot in football. NOT ONE OTHER NFL COACH IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD CHALLENGE THAT CALL. it was covered on ESPN postgame again and again: one of his assistants ran up and yelled at him to challenge it and without thinking out came the red flag. DUMB DUMB DUMB. ALMOST as dumb, in fact, as going for 4th and 11 in the first quarter when your pro bowl kicker is ready to go...... (didnt the chargers lose by 3 points? hmm...)

marty is an idiot. ESPN said it best: if the coaches switched sides the chargers would have won 38-3.

and LT is one of the best running backs in history, why didnt he get a few more touches? he was killing the pats

2) I am not going to even mention the missed field goal, even though the wind was at his back. It was not as important as the 'dumb play of the day': the return man dropping the ball before being plowed into by some pats practice squader they signed off the streets. (more on this later). I have watched a ton of football this year, including just about every pro and college game possible and I have never seen a return man do something so dumb as to drop that kickoff.

3) MOST IMPORTANTLY: the adversity that pats have overcome. it is DISGUSTING how much the patriots change every year: linebackers, kickers, coaching staff, front office, stadium, backups, secondary, wide receivers, etc. EVERY YEAR THEY HAVE WON THE SUPERBOWN THEY WERE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TEAM AND MAKEUP. yet, through the calmness of brady (who actually had a terrible game, too, but kept level headed and professional) and the GENIUS off bellicheck (this cannot be disputed) they overcame. Jabbar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell were homeless earlier this season. gaffney tried out a few games into the season to make the PRACTICE squad....yet somehow the two of them have twice the touchdowns, yards, and receptions as waybe and harrison (both incredible stars) of indianapolis these playoffs. the pats sign NO BODIES. random practice sqaders like tully banta cain and ellis hobbs. year in and out they lose starts, from ty law to lawyer milloy to adam v to willie mcginist to curtis martin to much much much more. the poise and unity they have is like no other. they were the first superbown team to want to be introduced as a team a few years back and other teams have been ripping them off ever since. this is NO FLUKE. TOM BRADY HAS WON GAMES LIKE THIS 2 DOZEN OTHER TIMES. 24 times, chargers fans! 24 times he has lead last minute drives to win the game or set up game winning field goals. the patriots play football like an art. they dont make mistakes, and they dont lose their cool and get stupid personal foul calls. they are the very model of adversity and collectiveness and you are all jealous. a fluke!?!?!? HAHAHAHAHAHHA do you guys even follow sports? they do that to teams time and time again. LT IS THE 4TH MVP WE HAVE STOPPED IN THE PLAYOFFS. 4 TIMES! 4! a FLUKE! hahaha !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE THE 3rd NUMBER 1 SEED WE HAVE KNOCKED OFF!!! 3!!!! A FLUKE? HAHAHAHAHA. this is what the patriots do. get over yourselves.

and about the classless thing: I will admitt it was very unlike the pats to do what they did, and it was wrong. but it doesnt even compare to the lack of class the chargers had all week on national tv trash talking. especialy that CHEATER merriman.

how classy is it to take steroids, shawn?

29. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    We lost because Parker and Jackson choked!!

They couldn't catch a cold yesterday!!!!