1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The religion of peace, indeed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Jul 16, 2006.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  2. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    ROPMA

:rolleyes2:

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,632
    how are feminists silent on this?

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    I dunno, Bro, and I doan wanna put words in their mouths, but this isn't new news. Islamic women are considered proerty, no more, no less.

5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    It says you have to register. What's it about? Female castration?

6. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    :mad2: Indeed a religion of PIECES not a religion of PEACE if you all get what I mean:mad2: . Stop the Politically correct war and just go and strategically bomb the whole lot of them (the Religion of peace) then they will know who ultimately wants peace.:mad2:

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
  8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    The gist of it was that muslim men, who some here seem to admire, are forcing muslim women who have "disgraced" their families by getting them selvesraped, to commit suicide, so that the menfolk won't get into trouble by killing them (the muslim women).

9. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    God bless her strength and convictions because it came from facts not radical facsist rhetoric that the other side wanted to speak and she spoke volumes to the arab speaking people. The other side could not give a good fight back in response her her facts. the debate was won by the courageous woman and I hope more will rise up against the terror that is over there. She is a becon that can be a rallying point for the arab people there. Great for her.:tup: :yes: :icon_toast:

10. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
  11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yup!!

And she'll prolly pay for her courage with her life.

12. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    "Mentality of the middle ages" is right....Any "religion" that advocates abuse and subjugation of its women and girls is a sham...and certainly not a "religion of peace."

I bet the Arab nations are filled with bright well-spoken women...they are just afraid to come out...I would be too.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Not everyone here believes that :icon_eek: :no:

14. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    100% you are and that is a fact that we have too many appeasers here that it makes those poor people look like great PEACE loving people in which they are not.:icon_evil: :no:

The majority of us here do know that appeasing will get us no where and that it will get us our heads handed to us on a silver platter if we were there to speak our minds or speak out against the religion of peace reguardless if you are a female or male and other atrocities will occur after the platters would be handed to us. You got my gist.:icon_eek: :no:

15. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I'd say 99% of the ones I met in Saudi are just like how it's being reported.

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Yup!!

*shakes head*

17. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    This seemstabe the tenor of my SF Bros-

"I have always thought that it is Muslim women that could be the
    Pandora's Box that could bring about the changes in Islam that are
    needed, to bring them into the modern world. Get enough women saying, "F**k this ****", and changes will happen."

I, of course, concur.

18. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    If they get more of the woman in the vid you provided to us today then I think that the pandoras box can really fly open and then the Muslims because of the women can come out of the middle ages and into the 21st century. The world would be a better place.

19. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    They ran us out of the country as fast as possible so they could get back to stoning "cheating" women, and circumcising the young girls.

Have you ever seen their Religious Police in action?

I've told this before, but I'll tell it again. Before the ground war of Desert Storm (during the air war leading up to the ground war) I was going back and forth from where my unit was to XVIIIth Airborne HQ at least once a day, about one hour drive each way. I usually took a driver with me, and one day it was one of our female enlisted. On the way back, she wanted to stop at a little market and get a soda and candy. So we go in, and she picks out what she wants, and I'm still looking around. I saw her up at the register, but didn't pay attention. Then she came back to me and said, "LT, the owner won't sell this to me. Will you buy it for me?" I walked up to the guy and asked what his problem was. I forget the exact words exchanged, but basically he wouldn't sell anything to women.

So, I "encouraged" him. I slammed my M-16 down on his counter and told him to make the sale. He did, but wasn't too happy about it.

Later, in late May while we were still moving armor out of the country or to POMCUS sites in the UAE and Doha, Kuwait, most of our unit was getting ready to set up back in Dahran (Khobar Towers) and leave KKMC (near Haf'r Al Batin). None of our canvas could go home with us, because it wouldn't clear US Ag. So, Saudi locals were allowed to come and buy it. We had all the extra GP small, medium and large tents for about 2-3 battalions at our location, and some AAFES guy conducted the sale to locals. One of the locals pulled aside our S-4 and asked how much money for the girls. He wanted to BUY our female enlisted personnel.

20. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    My problem is this where is the voice of the Amercan Muslims and in that fact the majority of Muslims around the world that are not speaking out about the ones that are the bad apples in the bunch and say in a loud voice stop with all the chaos that the bad bunch are causing around the world.

I do not hear their voice at all to condemn the bad ones and unite with the people that are against the bad Muslims to weed them out.

Do you hear their voice?

21. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    One can sit back and "research" and make statements such as has been presented here, but when it comes to actually dealing with these people, its a whole 'nuther ballgame.

22. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054

The majority of the Islamic population living in the US are much more open minded and tolerant imo...or they would not be here. It is much different in the Islamic run nations...it is a horror for women and girls in some areas...a horror that is being tolerated and encouraged.

I also know muslim people here that are nice..but even among some of them I see the mindset that women are inherently inferior to men...just in more subtler ways.

Some of them have risen above it though...there is a family from Iran living behind me that is very nice...but they are very westernized. Islamic Fundamentalists would probably see them as betrayers to Islam...

I do not think Islam is a religion of peace...quite the opposite in fact.

23. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172

Haven't heard it very much, Darlin...this courageous lady on the video is purty much the rare exception.

Jes sayin.

24. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    Where can we as non Muslims hear their voice of the good Muslims condemning the bad Muslims so that we can listen with open ears and receive the great knowledge that they the good muslims can provide? I am not being a smart butt or anything bad but I just would like to know where to listen?