1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The religion of peace, indeed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BFISA, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Their pre-school kids are taught to hate and kill Jews.

Lovely, peaceful, religion the Muslims have created ...... :icon_evil:

2. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Thats a great article, and there are those that condemn actions such as these people.

But you can't deny the practice of such barbarism as clitorectomies and murders of females that "disgrace" their families exist.

And finally, do these people mourn when another muslim child straps a bomb onto their person and blows themselves up inna crowded shopping center, or do they cheer.

To call me a hater is a gross misrepresentation, but I consider the source. One can't've spent as much time in the Middle East as I have, and not come away with many muslim friends from Iran, the Sultanate of Oman, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Yemen. It is true, however, that I've not heard from most of these folks in the past 10 years. My friends from the Iraninan Special Forces prolly were purged when the Ayatolla came into power.

Having said that, I'd push the button...but I guess thats why I'm not the one makin those decisions.

3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I've worked with the Kuwaiti Army, the Saudi Arabian Army, the Egyptian Army, and the Syrian Army. I've been to Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait and Bahrain. I got to meet civilians in each of those places, and in Kuwait, saw directly what their "cousins" in Iraq were capable of doing to them. I participated in the relief efforts for the Southern Shiite (sp) while Saddam's army was having their way with them.

I've also had the "pleasure" of reading classified G-2 on the Iran/Iraq war.

Watching the "Religious Police" in action, beating people for moving to slow as they marched to prayers is an eye opening experience.

People can use disparaging words (hater, uneducated, etc) all they want. I've seen that fanatical oppressive religion first hand, and IMO it needs to be extinguished.

4. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I apologize for not being more specific and what I am asking is as a whole through all media outlets and avenues including not just one event like the Seattle event but all events that the all the good Muslims condemn and be proactive including taking action to help out to prevent I.E.call the police if they suspect anything that is not right about a possible robbery, talk to soldiers to say that there is a possible suicide bomber going to strike tomorrow, communicate to the world via all media outlets that the good Muslims do not like what is going on and that they will take action if at all possible against all the bad Muslims from what the bad muslims can do and will do?

5. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    Stereotype much?

6. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    Degree is psychology from UCSD. Some sociology as an undergrad. Don't recall anything in regards to a collective lack of intelligence based upon any culture. I do remember something about standard intelligence testing (i.e. Stanford-Binet) having untintentional cultural biases that negatively effected certain groups' results. Don't recall any physiological data to support that viewpoint either.

7. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    We can agree to disagree in the the stereotyping thing.

My personal opinion is that stereotypes cause harm. That some things can become self-perpetuating because of stereotypes. That individuals not groups are the victims of stereotypes. Stereotypes cause people to judge other people without even knowing them. To me that can't be a good thing.

That being said, I am as guilty as anyone else of doing it. The fact that we all do it, whether we admit it or not, doesn't make it a good thing.

8. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    At least someone is training these kids right .....

[​IMG][/IMG]

9. sdchrger

Ratings:
    +820
    That's not a stereotype, that's a fact. :lol:

10. O'reilly

O'reilly New Member

Ratings:
    +454
    In a recent poll in the UK, 60% of British Muslims were in favor of suicide bombings if they were against Jews or Americans...60%!
    Like I said...ROPMA...

11. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    :icon_evil: :trout: :icon_evil: