1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Saints vs Donkos Game

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Gridreaper, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Jan 19, 2008
    ...Two things just jumped out at me. That Donko defense is more pathetic than I ever realized because even with the stupid play calling on critical downs and a depeleted offense, the Saints piled up over 500 yards and 32 points. They could easily have score quite bit more. I thought the Donkos specialized in the pitch and catch...Drew mastered it againt them.

I hope Fat Teddy shores it up by the time the Bolts hit London becuase if he doesn't, they're in for a LONG day. That is EXACTLY the kind of offense that will throw us fits with this garbage Cottrell is using.
  2. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Oct 3, 2006
    Hope the donkos will fall over this lousy defence.
    We're getting things closer and closer and they cannot stop run and pass. It's getting interestig how Cromartie and Weddle
    will handle Brees in London. Today it looks really highscoring.
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

One thing really jumped out at me. The Donks won another close one. :tdown: :icon_evil: :tdown:
  4. HughC

HughC BoltTalker

May 3, 2008
    It actually reminds me of what happened a year ago. The Saints were the media darlings with a high powered offense that took them to the playoffs the previous year, but everybody overlooked their defense. Columnists predicted they'd go to the Super Bowl and they didn't even make the playoffs. Now a year later the same national media is repeating history and blathering about the Broncos and their offense while ignoring their defense.

It's cliche, but offense sells tickets while defense wins championships. Even the teams with good offenses that won recent Super Bowls (Colts, Patriots) had overlooked but very good defenses too. Other teams will have a little more film to study and be able to game plan to slow down the Broncos offense as the season progresses. As the weather changes the passing game becomes more difficult, and teams need to rely more heavily on a running game and defense - neither of which Denver has - to win.

Their deficiencies will catch up to them and soon bring them back to reality.