1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The San Diego Chargers sign Cameron Stephenson

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

8-9-2010

The Chargers have signed 27-year old OG Cameron Stephenson. He is 6′3″, 326 pounds so he has nice size for the Pros but he has yet to get into a NFL game in his career. He has bounced around from Pittsburgh to Jacksonville but no team has liked him enough to stick him on the field. This was a depth signing and little more for the Chargers.

It’s been a whirlwind tour, but guard Cam Stephenson again is close to home.

The Los Angeles native signed with the Chargers on Monday.

Drafted in the fifth round by Pittsburgh in 2007, Stephenson since has toured the NFL with stops in Green Bay, Philadelphia, New Orleans and Jacksonville.

If there’s one asset he’s developed through his frenetic four-year career, it’s quick learning.

“I can learn the playbook fast enough that I can get out there,” Stephenson said.

The trick?

“Good note taking. I learned that at Rutgers.”

Tackle Corey Clark, a seventh-round pick in 2007, spent much of the past two years inactive or on the practice squad. Moved to guard, he was most likely not going to make even the practice squad this season and voluntarily left the Chargers over the weekend

2. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    This is a very curious signing. There were no free agents on the bench? They had to go to the UFL? Very odd...

3. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Another space holder with a warm body and no injuries.

4. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    This lad offers more than Corey Clark?. Surely not. V strange. I am assuming Clark has some 'issues' that meant he had to depart?.

5. coachmarkos

coachmarkos BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +47
    word.

With Green sliding over to Tackle, they needed another body inside.

6. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Stephenson won't make the 53 roster !