1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

the season might be over but the window is still open

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MasterOfPuppets, Oct 25, 2010.

1. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Aug 8, 2006
    I'm not gonna count this team out until they're mathematically eliminated (they've overcome too much) but let's say they do finish in the 8-8 range and out of the playoffs, does than mean that the window is closing?

I say NOOO, first, the steelers finish 9-7 last year, they're still contenders, the saint finished 8-8 in 2008, won the superbowl the year after that, the titans started 0-6 last year, the'ye looking good, and the list goes on and on. Second, they still have a lot of young (or in their prime) talent, only Jammer will be older, the rest will be a year better.

Now, they do need to get their heads out of their azzes, AJ has to have a great draft, with one first rounder, 2 seconds (Cromartie will be a 2nd rounder) and basically 3 third rounders (with Donald Butler comming back), he has to hit on a lot of those. Since I don't think Norv is going anywhere, he has to coach better and the players have to change their attitude that they can turn it on at any time and play pizzed off since the first game.

I don't have high hopes for the 2010 Chargers, but I do have high hopes for them in the comming years
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Aug 15, 2006
    The window is closing in the sense that winning the west is no longer gonna be automatic. The other teams in the division are either catching up (Oak) or have surpassed us (KC). As of right now, I see KC taking this division and the free trip to the playoffs. I don't see how we make it unless we win out, and even then I don't know if 11-5 will be good enough to wild card it (like NE a few years back).

As for the window closing on the team, if AJ doesn't do something drastic about Norv ASAP then we're screwed until Norv (and AJ) are toast.
  3. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Oct 7, 2010
    It isn't over yet. I feel we will beat the Titans and finsh the year 11-5 and get that division back. Sit back and watch NORVEMBER.