1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The State of the Revolution.....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by glutton4Bolts, Oct 9, 2006.

1. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    So, after 4 games, Id like to start a thread on the State of the Revolution..... I.e. Post all your updated predictions, as well as what have been and are going to be the keys to winning the SuperBowl this year.

Prediction:
    Ill stick with my prediction of 13-3 and a SuperBowl championship. I still think we will lose in Denver against the cheating Donks, and we will probably come out flat in another game.

Keys to Success:
    1) I never really believed that a loss could actually be productive.... but last weeks defeat against the Crows may have been just what we needed in order to further the Revolution. Rivers is the real deal, and all doubters must face the reality now.

2) I cannot overstate how important The Burner is for this team. IMO, having him paired up with LT is going to be one of the biggest keys to our SuperBowl run.

3) The Front Seven (still dont have a good nickname IMO) have been unbelievable. Jamal showed last night that he is the best NT in the NFL

4) Marlon McCree and CO.... the DBs are hanging onto errant passes.... they need to keep it up.

5) Special Teams, the field position game has been great thus far. Putting opposing offenses in the position of moving 80 yards consistently has been daunting.

6) OLine, WOW! The 747 has the look of a probowler in his first year. This OLine has done a good job of protecting Rivers and making some space for TNT.

Please weigh in. IMO, the Bolts are the most balanced team in the NFL.... and if Marty can stay away from being too conservative, the Revolution will hit critical mass in this year SuperBowl.

2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,516
    There is not a team in the AFC that really scares me. I could easily see us 13-3, possibly even 14-2 at the end of the regular season.

We just beat the Stillers pretty handily, even though we didn't show up for the first quarter and a half.

Cincy's defense is weak. Pittsburgh physically dominated them on both sides of the ball two weeks ago, and Cincy only won because Pitt committed a bunch of unforced errors at the end of the game.

The Colts are not as good as they were last year, we're better than we were last year, and we handled the Colts last year. They don't scare me.

I know we lost to Baltimore, but it's clear to me that we are the better team. The thought of playing them again is not troubling.

The Pats are old on defense and their passing offense is not as good as it once was.

J'ville's overrated. Leftwich needs an hour and a half to wind up and throw, and their defense keeps losing key starters to injury.

Denver might actually be our toughest opponent in the AFC, and that's only because their defense is so good. Their offense is Jekyll and Hyde. I think we can take them home or away.

KC sucks.
    The Turds Suck.
    The Texans Suck.
    The Browns suck.
    The Fins suck.
    The Jets suck.
    The Titans suck.
    The Bills suck.

Bottom line: The Bolts appear to be the team to beat in the AFC. I expect us to be 7-1 at the halfway mark.

3. Kitsune-udon

Kitsune-udon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    ....unless we go into Martyball mode or have complete breakdown in ST while holding a 6 point lead, in which case I expect us to be the "best team to miss the playoffs" again.

4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    *shakes head* Glass half full:tdown:

5. Kitsune-udon

Kitsune-udon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +4
    Seeing that Ravens game upset me. Not only did we go MartyBall with a 6 point lead but we ha a complete breakdown on ST. We can't have that happen again and expect to win. It's not glass half-full, it's realism. On the other hand, I hope Marty keeps the Martyball away until we have a 2 score 4th quarter lead.

6. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    I agree, I think the Charges are the most balanced team in the NFL. Before this weekend I thought the Colts would be our biggest obstacle getting into the superbowl but seeing how they gave up 200 yds rushing to the Titans I think only the Bengals or Marty can stop us. Chargers vs Bears in Superbowl XLI sounds about right.:icon_toast:

I'm not sure if I'm sold on our OLine yet. Pass protection looks pretty good so far. I think River's quick delievery has helped in that department as well. My biggest question is the run blocking. I'm not seeing a whole lot of holes and I'm seeing too many 1 or 2 yard runs from LT. Seems like it's been like that since the middle of last year. Not sure if it's the play calling or what. Either way we are so on the verge of being dominant.