1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The sun will rise tomorrow...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by loweezy, Feb 19, 2007.

1. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    For all those bashing the decision to hire Norv, no matter what any of us argue, who knows what will happen?

In the NFL, anything can happen. Sean Payton took the Saints to new heights. Eric Mangini took the Jets to the playoffs in his first year. Jon Gruden brought a lombardi to Tampa in his 1st year as head coach. Damon Huard was second in the league in terms of qb ratings last year. Marques Colston, a nearly undrafted rookie wr from hofstra nearly won rookie of the year. Philip Rivers is a pro bowl qb in his first year as a starter. Marcus McNeill is an elite left tackle drafted in the 2nd round. Hindsight will always bring light to everything. Foresight, is feeling and opinionated.

What were the feelings going into all these moves prior to this past season? The Saints were not viewed as a playoff team but may have hired a young guy to energize the team. The same thing possibly goes for Eric Mangini. I'm sure the same cries for ousting Dungy in Tampa were heard, but bringing Gruden in probably helped to ease some of that. Who'da thought that Damon Huard woulda kept that team in contention? Anyone use up a 1st day pick on Marques? Philip Rivers is a rookie QB! Anyone use a 1st rounder on Big Mac?

With that said: 36-44.450 Winning %. Anyone care to take a stab? Bill Bellichick... coach of the Cleveland Browns 1991 - 1995. Can he really be the same guy that has reached immortality as a Head Coach?

Now, I'm not saying that Norv is in any way Bill Bellichick. But everyone starts somewhere, it all just matters where you finish. And as far as I'm concerned, the only number that matters right now is 0-0. It will be exciting to see how the season shapes up. Just don't get too down on the recent events, because yes... The sun will rise tomorrow. :bolt:

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    well said loweezy

3. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +383
    Is loweezy your new 'boy'? Did Rip grow up into an ugly teenager and you put him in a box and sent him to india because you couldn't handle his looks?

4. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Hah. I'm not sure if I should team up with Leisure, with what most people say on this board about him. :icon_rofl:

P.S. your sig is very disturbing.

5. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    are you sure it won't be raining?

6. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    leisure is wanted DOA in 37 states and is living in exile right now

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    And we'll still have the worst HC in NFL history. :no:

8. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings:
    +383
    what happened to GO did you send him back to india too :icon_shrug:

9. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Difference is.......Norv already got his 2nd chance and failed even worse then he did in his first stint

Also, Belichick's .450 winning % was a result of a 5 year stint in one city while Turner has had 9 years and 2 chances and has a WORSE winning %

He had 7 years to turn around the redskins and didnt. He made the playoffs once in those 7 years

10. Walker

Walker BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Who did Norv work for while with the 'Skins.

Look at what has happened to them since. Even with a Hall of Fame Coach who was born with a Redskin jersey on his butt.

One sometimes has to look further that the HC to find out what is wrong with a team. Sometimes, not.

11. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    Dan Snyder bought the team in 1999, and that was the year the redskins went to the playoffs, before that Norval was a whooping 32-47-1 in his previous 5 season

So blame Snyder all you want, but the fact is, he sucked even before snyder got there

12. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    Really what position did he play?

I assume when you mean he you mean the Red skins.

Also he had about 5 years. His 1st year trying to turn the team around, and his last year the front office took all power from him and he was a sitting duck.

Did you see the record of the Redskins before Norv Turner? Did you see the record after him?

Do you think KC has a good coach? If he is a good coach why do the Chiefs do so badly? Is it because all their good players except for LJ are ancient? Does having a crappy GM and one of the oldest teams in the NFL hurt a coach.. Maybe ask Norv about that.

13. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Not only am I looking forward to the sun coming up tomorrow... but I'm also excited about the idea that in about 3 days, Bolt Bot will be reporting that Norv Turner has been hired by the San Diego Chargers to be their next Head Coach! :tup:

14. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    he sent me there but i came back :icon_tease:

the chargers are driving me nuts. this organization is the bold & beautiful of the nfl. next thing u know, aj is shotty's illegitimate child :lol:

15. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

Good takes

&

go with your instincts on Leisure's "team" !!!

:lol: :lol:

&

Yes, Mtl,

your sig is disturbingly disturbing!!!

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

16. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I'm gonna look at it this way,

We have a rookie OC, Norv can tutor him,

We get a DC in there that can bring the energy

Life is good

We win SB42

:bolt: :bolt: :bolt:

17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I thought we would win SB41. We should have won SB41. Now I dont have the faith that this coaching staff can take the team there. Please verbally abuse me if I am wrong, for my lack of faith.

18. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,036
    naw, I'll leave that up to the rest of these knuckleheads

:icon_toast: :icon_toast:

I look at it this way

After that playoff lose, I had NO faith they could get the job done.

Now, well, at least that problem is solved

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Now THERE is more good news!!:icon_eek: :yes: :tup: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Or we can let'cha wallow!! :icon_eek: :yes: :icon_rofl:

21. sdrocks

sdrocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    The more I think about it the more I like it. Think about it. We are already running Norv's offense so our offense shouldn't really miss a beat. There will be no adjustment period. Cottrell knows the 3-4 and our defense shouldn't miss a beat and no adjustment period. My biggest concern about Norv was lack of motivational/leadership skills but I believe those will be filled by Cottrell/Rivera on Defense and by Rivers on offense. Then add that the organization will finally be in sync and on the same page as one another. Everything will work out just fine.

22. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I think LT needs to step up and let any player know who screws up in the offseason or regular season by being a knucklehead, he will kick the living shiit out of them and get them traded to bum fuc Egypt. :bolt:

23. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    We need professionals. Not a**holes. LT leads every game by example. That is his greatest contribution.

24. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I think LT's contribution is lacking in keeping his teammates from making asssholes out of themselves.

Leading by example is fine but if you want their attention, you need to grab them by the balls.

Marty was not getting their attentions and neither was anyone else on this team to be labled the Bengals of the West Coast. That is some fuc't up stuff when LT or LoNeal or Gates or McCardell can not keep the family from committing hari-kari.

25. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    Good points .. but, I'm not sure he isn't doing that already. There have been several instances where he was leading in the huddle this offseason. Is it really LT's place to jump all over some defensive player because of being a f*in idiot!? I think that onus lands on the leaders on the defensive side of the ball.

26. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I am speaking more about more OFF the field leadership which produces results such as no one showing up on a police blotter.

Dude needs to have a talk with his homies to let them know his football chronometer is almost finished as a running back and if they fuc up his chance to get that ring........armmageddeon....war....jeehad needs to be waged on some asses.

27. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Done. =P