1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"The Taking Of The AFC West" Raiders @ Chargers Its Now Or Never

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by L.T Bolt, Nov 8, 2011.

?

Will The Chargers Snap Their 3 Game Losing Streak And Beat The Raiders?

Poll closed Nov 10, 2011.
  1. Chargers Win Big

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  2. Chargers Pull Off A Close Game

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  3. Chargers Lose Big

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Chargers Lose A Close Game

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    [​IMG]

Alright ... Its either now or never for our Chargers ... Thursday Night game at home against the Rival Gaiders .. We are on a 3 game L-Streak went from 4-1 to 4-4 ... I feel good about this game Why you ask? because last week after Phillip threw 2 Pick 6's we came back and had a chance to tie the game up... That showed me they atleast have heart and didn't go in Puss mode and give up, they still fought but it was too little too late.. If Phillip can cut the turnovers and continue to hit Gates, V-Jax can dominate man to man coverage like Sunday, Mathews is healthy and doesnt fumble, Tolbert can continue to be a threat and The f*cking defense can play some damn coverage we will be good .. Cason, Gilchrist, Jammer gotta step they game up

Darren McFadden(Who is on my Fantasy Fball team) is "Very Doubtful" for the game against us on Thursday night... Carson Palmer has thrown 6 picks in the past two games as the Raiders have a 2 game L-Streak against 2 Division Rivals... The Qeefs and The Tebow Lead Donkeys and both Losses by Double Digits... Got damnit Thursday night We Will make it 3 L's in a row .. The Chargers will win .. I love Phillips response after the loss to Green Bay about he feels fine and is Excited their in the division Race.. He will get his Sh*t together

Chargers are 5th in Passing Offense The Raiders are 19th in stopping the Pass.. Their Corner Van **** is a rookie and im sure Phillip will take advantage of his inexperience. . their Secondary is bad... Carson hopefully will have another 3 interception game ... I Just feel the chargers will win... I knw a lot of yall are down on San Diego and Phillip Rivers... and sh*t i dnt blame yall honestly... I've still got faith though idk i just do .. but do yall think the chargers will win?

:bolt2: I got the Final Score 38-23 Chargers .. Lets F*cking Go S.D:raiderssuck: :bolt2:

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,170
    BOLT UP!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I love the smell of football in the morning.

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Bolt on!

• Like Like x 1
  4. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    Chargers won't lose 4 in a row. The Raiders will puke all over themselves. Chargers will win in the turnover battle and thus in the final score.

My prediction, Chargers 27 - Raiders 13.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Injury report been released for this game yet?

6. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    ^ No Not yet.. McFadden is Doubtful he missed practice and Ryan Mathews looks like he may play.. havent heard anything about Floyd and some of the others

7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    I meant the post game injury report.... Considering we cant get a break EVER on the injury bug, which for us is more like a injury super nova.....

8. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Yea every year the injury bug hits us smh ... This was a couple of hours ago on the AFC West blog for ESPN:
    The San Diego Union Tribune reports receiver Malcom Floyd (hip), guard Kris Dielman (concussion) and linebacker Shaun Phillips (foot) will not play. They have been out. Running back Ryan Mathews, who missed the last week’s game with a groin injury, is expected to play Thursday.
    So Phillips and Floyd are out again smh .. Dielman was expected because of that seizure and concussion
    For the Raiders :
    Eleven Oakland Raiders did not practice Tuesday in the only real practice day of the week prior to their game at San Diego on Thursday.

Among the players who didn’t practice were running back Darren McFadden (foot), offensive linemen Samson Satele (knee) and Khalif Barnes (shoulder), defensive lineman Richard Seymour (ankle), cornerback DeMarcus Van **** (hamstring) and Chris Johnson (hamstring), safeties Michael Huff (ankle) and Mike Mitchell (ankle) and kicker Sebastian Janikowski (hamstring).

Some of these players will likely play. McFadden, who hasn’t played since Week 7, isn't expected to be one of them, though. Each team will release their injury report Wednesday.

9. 18gramblingcharlie

18gramblingcharlie Bitter San Diego sports fan

Ratings:
    +3
    Trolling....errrrr reading some Raider fan forums i heard someone who supposedly has inside sources say that many players in the locker room are not feeling Hue Jackson citing his benching of starters for not fitting in the gameplan. Hopefully this is true and we help bury the hopes of Raider fans.

10. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Actually, in the AFCW, we could lose this one, then bounce back to win the division later on.
    So really it's now or later.

11. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    I heard from some raider fans that Hue Jackson on a straight power trip, and just like you said players not liking that in the locker room. Hue benching starters and supposedly told them they can be replaced ... man they dysfunctional in Oakland.... the Chargers gotta win this sh*t

12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,371
    [​IMG]

13. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    That soft stuff is off-topic. This thread is all about winning the AFCW ;)

14. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Lol na man no time for later its now .. It's "Norvember" This is when the Chargers Supposedly turns it on .. this is the time to win.. a beat up Oakland Raider team coming off 2 straight divisional losses .. we have to give them their third.. their coming into our houses on Thursday night time to take the AFC West

15. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    NO, actualy its NOW to TAKE the division and later on to cement the division.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,593
    Win now or its game over, that's my take on it thursday

• Like Like x 2
  17. scratchnz

scratchnz BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +52
    Agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,371
    Unless it isn't....... ;)

19. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +37
    You'll forgive me if I am less than sympathetic to the injury plights of other teams this year. No team in the NFL has been hit harder than the Chiefs. Still, it's no excuse. Last year no team got hit harder than the Packers, and all they did was win the Super Bowl. Not saying the Chiefs will win the Super Bowl - they almost certainly won't - let alone make the playoffs, but injuries happen. It's a violent game.

20. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    ^ It's a combination of a lot of things, injuries, depth of personnel, penalties, quality of players, and even luck play into it. Right now it's time to make our own luck.

21. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279
  22. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,721
    Okay, I wrote a long, dull piece a week ago, arguing that the Chargers
    had been a consistent C+ team through their first 7 games.

Well, the Packer game was kind of an enigma, because the Chargers teased us
    with the prospect of an amazing 3 TD comeback against the world champs...
    only to deliver us a 3rd straight loss. That said, I think the team actually found
    itself Sunday. To take on the undefeated Pack, in much worse injury shape than
    the champs--and still be in it with 30 seconds to go--took more than a C+ effort.
    Maybe a B or even B+. At any rate, the offense looked like its usual scoring
    machine for the first time all year. I'm guessing that the Chargers have woken
    from the offensive slumber and will put up about 35 on the Raiders. I wasn't fully
    buying the early season McFadden hype...but without him I'd be surprised to see
    Oakland pile up more that 13 or 17 points. So, yes, for the first time this year,
    I'm predicting a Charger 'blow-out.' Roughly 35-13.

(NOW AND LATER: For the day before you're scheduled to get your old fillings replaced)

• Like Like x 3
  23. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Hall of Fame

Ratings:
    +208
    Not gonna believe it. The season comes down in Week 17. Winning this probably will give the chargers a sense of comfort they'll abuse later on when we face Balt and Det.

24. 18gramblingcharlie

18gramblingcharlie Bitter San Diego sports fan

Ratings:
    +3
    If anyone in this organization, from top to bottom, after all they've been through these past years, has any degree of comfort other than when head hits the pillow I don't want them around.

25. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    And its official now Darren McFadden is out... So we are going to have to stop Michael Bush or let him wear himself out because he's not durable for 4 quarters.. Cant wait for tomorrow night LETs GO S.D *Trumpet Plays* CHAAARRGE! ;)

26. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +3,371
    Really?....... the Chargers have been hit harder with injuries than most teams, the last TWO seasons.

Not that I'm complaining, or anything. ;)

27. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,124
    Where's Trumpy??

28. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +292
    Actually we were hit harder than GB last year. I think by 4 starting players. I dug into it a few months ago becuase of someone tryin to say GB got injured more and won the SB argument.

What you can take from GB great string of fortune even limping into the NFC playoffs at 10-6 and winning it all with all those injuries:

Any Given Sunday.

29. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings:
    +295
    This is a gut check.

Win this, and we're 3-1 in division and in good shape for potential tiebreakers.
    Lose it, and things could go further south in a hurry.

My $.02.

• Like Like x 1
  30. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    We support a couple of teams playing tonight in similarly important games. ;)