1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Titanic Charge To 11-5 ..Texans Lose 2 Colts!Sunday They Play Da Boltz!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by L.T Bolt, Nov 2, 2010.

?

Will The Chargers Defeat The Texans on Sunday?

Poll closed Nov 7, 2010.
  1. Chargers Win Big

33.3%
  2. Chargers Win Close Game

40.7%
  3. Chargers Lose Big

11.1%
  4. Chargers Lose Another Close Game

11.1%
  5. Dont Know What 2 Expect From The Chargers

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    :bolt2:Texans Lost To The AFC Champs The Colts on Monday Night Football, They Looked horrid on Defense Giving Up 366 Yards Of Offense.. The Colts Pass Defense Is 32ND IN THE NFL Giving Up A Whopping 306 yards a game thru The Air!! The Chargers Passing Offense Is Ranked 1st in The NFL Averaging 315 Yrds Thru The Air a Game! Houstons Offense Seemed Unbalanced Against a Horrible Banged Up Indy Defense... Chargers Are inconsistent Weekly by Making Stupid Mistakes On Special Teams And Bad coverage on defense BUT.. Seeing How Both Teams Are playing With Houston Having a Short week Chargers Should Win By Atleast 10... Not Trying To Be Cocky Houston Is Talented On Offense But there Known For Late Season Collapses While Were Known For Late Season Heroics! I Still Have Faith In the 11-5 Streak... Thoughts? :bolt2:

2. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    ^^^ Correction The TEXANS Pass Defense Is 32nd in the NFL not the Colts lol

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Andre Johnson's ankle is causing him problems. That is huge for us.

I see this as a win and a huge win.

4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    The Bolt's will take em. Tomlinson sent them a telepathic team meeting telling River's to lead the lead over Noev.

5. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Its huge for them that we still don't have Floyd and Naanee. I'd say it equals out.

6. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Not at all. The Texans D is no where near playing to the level ours is. This is a huge advantage for us. That is if we can keep the special teams off the field...

7. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    I suspect these Bolts will raise my hopes up again before dashing them hard on the rocky shores of San Diego, so I expect a close win, just to setup the heartbreak later properly. :(

8. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ok Eeor...

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

I'm talking about in terms of offensive weapons. I know their D is bad. But the Chargers are not even close to full strength, and we're going into yet another tough road game where the offense has had their head in their *** all year long.

10. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan Unhappy Camper

Ratings:
    +13
    Eeyore? Good one.

It's just not very practical to keep expecting this team to dig itself out of self inflicted holes every year, having to rely on an AFC West leader to monumentally crash and burn. I don't see KC doing that this year and I don't see us winning out. Looking ahead, 11-5 and winning out MIGHT win the division and if not MIGHT get us in as a wildcard. 10-6, which is a more realistic probability, will take a ton of good fortune to get us in as a wildcard, it's not likely to win the division this year.

Just think this is the year the inconsistency under Turner finally catches up to us.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    What ever you have to do to protect your fragile psyche you do... :lol:

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We are not close to full strength, but still moving the ball at a record breaking pace. I am not worried that the O will be stimied by the young WRs, unless they get up from a catch without the ball....

13. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    lol, and I think it's spelled eeyore?

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah... You could be right... My kids are too old for poo, so you will have to cut me some slack. I believe Old Skool got the joke.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    WOW! Here at BoltTalk we do things big!

represented above is 133.33%, we voted over 100%!

4 votes = 33.33% (should be 25%)
    5 votes = 41.67% (should be 31%)
    1 vote = 8.33% (should be 6%)
    1 vote = 8.33% (should be 6%)
    5 votes = 41.67% (should be 31%)

Not that I care, I just lol'ed when I saw that....

16. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,420
    This is because the thread starter made the poll a multiple choice poll and a wise-*** such as myself couldn't resist voting for every option.

17. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    No thats not it. There are 16 votes, the count is not being tallied correctly by vbuliten(sp? dc). Regardless of if a poll in multiple or single choice, the number of votes determines the %, or should.

18. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    My main concern is this game starts at 10am. We always seem to have trouble starting that early.

19. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    As of right now there's 19 votes but only 15 voters, hence >100%

It's tallying by percent of the number of voters, not the number of votes.

40% of the people who have voted have said they don't know what to expect from the Chargers, for instance.

20. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    Haha Telepathic Team Meeting lol Rivers Should Lead Us To Victory On Sunday.. I Agree

21. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Thus the math is incorrect. When I did the tallies there were 16 votes. The tallies should be off votes not voters when multiple votes are allowed, or you get skewed perceptages as I have pointed out.

22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    what you think it should be based on doesn't make the tallies incorrect.

when you posted there were 16 voters and 20 votes. 16/20 is 1.333 so it makes sense that the percentages add up to 133% since vBulletin taiiles the percentages of multiple choice polls off the number of voters, not votes.

and that makes sense, really. You want to know how many people believe that option so it makes the most sense to display the percentage of people (voters) that voted for it.

it doesn't make sense for this poll, of course, because it shouldn't have been multiple choice given the content.

23. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Hmmm.....seems oddly familiar.

24. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    In correct Leo. Please do try and keep up. I posted the numbers above. That is what was there. Your numbers are off, though you will continue to argue until the end of the world because you are never wrong, even in the face of the facts so lets agree you are wrong and move on. Shall we, ummm kay bah bye.

25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    my numbers are wrong because I brain farted and said 16 voters and 20 votes when it was 16 votes and 12 voters. 16/12 =1.333 and that's not up for debate. It's simple math that we've learned in 4th grade.

The only point of contention here is whether or not the percentages should be based on the number of votes or voters, that I will not continue to argue because it is a matter of opinion.

but the irrevokable fact remains that vBulletin bases it off the number of voters and therefore the numbers are not wrong.

26. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    I am sorry, I think it is the most stupid point you can make to say that something such as this can be greater than 100%. Take that as an insult if you will, that you try and defend such a thing is laughable at best and shows that you just want to argue...

But hey! Lets get 200% and make Leo happy!

27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    Did you fail elementary math, Conc? Or did they not teach percentages or basic division where you went to school?

28. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Wow, if I posted this to you the butt hurt brigade would come out of the woodwork. I passed, question is, did you?

29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +629
    Although I understand what the %'s are representing, I agree with Conc that is it stupid for them to represent the voters instead oft he votes.

30. HollywoodLeo

Ratings:
    +2,420
    quit being an *******, conc.

you can't play the bleeding heart routine one post after calling me stupid.