1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The truth about Vincent Brown's injury.......

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CajonZonie, Aug 19, 2012.

1. CajonZonie

CajonZonie BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10
    I'd like some educated responses, and/or insight on the true impact of Brown's injury. I personally believe we're as deep as we have been in quite some time at the receiver position considering the aid of the veteran offseason acquisitions. At the max of an 8 week recovery time he'd still roll comfortably into our bye week. I'm not stressing. Should I be?

2. Moses

Moses Can You Stand The Rain?

Ratings:
    +358
    I guess a lot of this will depend on Eddie Royal. Unfortunately we haven't seen much of him yet due to injuries, but if we do, we'll probably be ok to keep the receiving crew we have until VB returns.

If not, then perhaps we see the team decide to carry an extra receiver such as Parrish or Spurlock.

I just hope the estimated recovery time being quoted is a worst case scenario, the last thing we want is to have to put him on IR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    I think Spurlock and Parrish will both make the team regardless. Goodman is the odd man out..

If we really think we are in trouble, which hopefully we are not, Plax is out there, wouldn't mind him. But also, we might have to wait until someone is cut from the 53 man roster that interests us.

I have a feeling Norv will go after an old guy like Patrick Crayton who is still a FA.

4. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Depending on where the break is will depend on his return. If the ankle broke down by the joint that could mean surgery and be out for the year. Closer to the joint has tendons and ligaments and if the bone itself slices either the tendon or the ligaments or even the bursa sack (synovial fluid for joint movement) this will require surgery to repair.

I was so optimistic for this season. Still am, but I was really hoping VB was going to shut up the media fools.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,410
    I wouldn't be so sure that Parrish will make the team. Goodman could beat him out, as could some other rookie who shines in the preseason.

6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings:
    +629
    Brown is likely out until week 6-8 of the regular season, assuming he isn't IR'd. How much you should worry about Brown's injury is a factor of Eddie Royal's hamstring and Ryan Mathews's clavicle. If the team goes into week 7 with a better than .66 record and few other injuries, than getting VB back will just be an additional boost. If we're worse than .33, and other injuries have stacked up, then it's probably too late anyway.

7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Parrish seeing more time than Goodman so far. With Royal and Brown down, I'd guess that one of them makes it.

8. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    That's because Goodman has been out...... if he was healthy, he'd be playing. I expect he'll see action in the next game. Goodman is one of the few guys with real speed on offense.

9. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I agree with rickochey. The part of the ankle that sustained the fracture is all-important and will determine how long VB will be out. Has anyone heard just what the location of the break was yet?

10. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    As great as brown has been I looked at him as currently the 4th wr for us... the injury is obviously horrible news but I think we can get enough production out of spurlock as the 4th wr until brown returns for the second half of the season

11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Like you say, he's gotta get in if he's going to make the roster.

12. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    I dont believe that to be true this year about Goodman's speed.. last year he was sadly one of our fastest wrs but now with eddie royal, meachem, spurlock, and parrish 1 thing our wrs dont lack is speed in my opinion... out of goodman, spurlock, and parrish i think goodman is the least polished as a wr which will make it difficult for him to make the team

13. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    It will if he doesn't start playing...... polish comes with practice. #imjustsaying ;)

14. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I know that AJ Smith has many critics & detractors, but one must admit that he has built a roster that can sustain injuries like we have seen so far, and keep chugging along - that is the job of an NFL General Manager, and AJ has done that job superbly, at least for this upcoming season.

15. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    What about Willie?

16. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Thing about Parrish is that he can catch the ball. Goodman's gotta show that he can too.

17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    AJ's best offseason in a long time. It doesn't help that he's squandered a raft of 1st and 2nd round picks over the years, but he certainly did what he had to this offseason.

18. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Sure, catching the ball would help...... and not leaving it on the ground afterward would be nice too. ;)

19. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    That's asking a lot.

20. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Unless, you count a solid backup at the left tackle position, but nobody's perfect. ;)

21. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Bah, not that important a position...
    Just cause it was AJs best offseason in awhile doesn't mean it was perfect. What do you want? All pro bowlers at every position? ;)

22. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    No, I prefer rolling the dice and hoping to catch lightning in a bottle with an unproven UDFA... like we usually do. ;)

23. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    Now you're talking. I'm voting Willie for Pro Bowl right now.

24. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +271
    we tried that last year when we cut laurent robinson to keep bryan walters... i still lose sleep over that one :mad:

25. Blue Bolt

Ratings:
    +4,410
    Pffft!!!........ like Robinson could even make this packed roster. ;)