1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The Un-Official "THIS SEASON SUCKS!!" Thread

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Lightning's Girl, Sep 23, 2007.

1. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Three weeks in, and I'm ready to push the panic button.:tdown:

Now, I have lived and died with this team every fall since the late-late 1960s, so don't anybody go accusing me of being a bandwagoner. But from what little I've seen and heard so far this year, I am a) not the least bit impressed by Norv Turner and his coaching style, b) disappointed in the offensive and defensive coaching staff, and c) EXTREMELY dissatisfied with the lack of hustle on the field.

Granted, today was a much better day for Philip Rivers and the offense in general, but for gosh sake, do we think the league is just gonna HAND us the Lombardi?! Do we somehow believe it's ours by rights?

I hope by now we've figured out that last year doesn't mean ****---that was then, and this is now. Get it together, team---it's too early yet to say the sky is falling, but the storm clouds are gathering and it's looking an awful lot like rain.............:icon_evil:

• Like Like x 1
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    This crap is getting old. What we have is a team that sat around the off season reading how good they are. We have an offensive coordinator who thinks he can save his job by running LT all the time. We have a team that spent too much time making TV Commercials, we have a Team that had a Ferrari for an Offense, and it has been turned into a Volkswagen. We have defense that can’t stop a runny nose, and we have a Head Coach who has ruined a Team.

The boo birds should be out in force!

We also find out who the bandwagon fan’s are!

I am a Charger Fan, but I cannot accept this team the way they are playing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. reddenedbeard

reddenedbeard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I'm not giving up but this one part really has me worried.

4. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I'm not giving up either---not with almost 40 years of wandering in the desert with this team!!---but as talented as the Chargers are, there's no excuse for the way they're playing.

5. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Agree. I swear if I hear one more person try to tell me things are going to be ok, I'm going to punch them in the f'ing nose. People need to be vocal and I hope the media actually starts asking Norv the real questions on everyone's mind. What were you thinking?

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I am not giving up either. I was here when Ryan Leaf played, and I did not give up then!

7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Do you expect anything less from a Chargers season? I have been dealing with this crap for about 30 years. My arse is rusted to the bandwagon.

8. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    Yup thats right (with only 28 years in the desert with a horse with no name)

9. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    I hear ya, Doug.

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    hard to blame the secondary when the opposite QB has 4-5 seconds to throw :tdown: WTF happend to the pass rush? Merriman is not looking like the "old" Merriman :icon_eek:

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    good to see you got that point as well

12. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    I don't like Merriman dropping into coverage, I'd rather have Phillips and Merriman blitz on every down, sure, they'd get burn once in a while (they already do and more often than once in a while) but also every now and then they'd get a sack or force bad throws

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    I respect the **** out of you. - mostly . .. Hahahhaha

The chick starting this thread has stones to let 'er rip. :tup:

Any poster that wants to call me/you a bandwaggonner is basically ignorant. :yes:

Favre had all goddamn day to throw the ball and fans are wondering, how did that pass get completed? When you deal with ignorance to that degree, you just have to shut her down. It is not even worth trying to explain that jesus christ in the backfield will not mean dick if the QB has all day to wank himself off for the crowd.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Thanks, Trumpie!

And you are spot on about giving the QB too much time to look down the field and throw. That's been our big weakness since Our Savior was in short pants. When will we ever learn??

15. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    I have jesus christ and wanking off in the same sentence which is propping you up by starting this thread. I am out on a limb :yes: :icon_eek: and any extra weight may just send me straight to hell. :lol:

16. Lightning's Girl

Ratings:
    +1,153
    Well, we can't have that, now can we, Trumpie?

17. boltsnow

boltsnow BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +56
    Exactly how do you come up with this conclusion? LT ran the ball 22 times today and Rivers threw for 36.:icon_shrug: :icon_huh: :icon_shrug:

18. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

It's when we run

every damn body and their mother knows it

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

19. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    The Un-Official "Clinton Hart SUCKS!!" Thread

I would have named this thread .....

The Un-Official "Clinton Hart SUCKS!!" Thread

20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    16 Times we ran on 1st down, 14 of those was with LT, I will bet you a $1.00, LT runs it the first time we have the ball when we play the Chiefs.

21. Trumpet_Man

Ratings:
    +654
    Not at all.

Just beware of posters who think they know what they are talking about by posting hate messages in their SIGS and you will find the wannabe drama queen Cinderellas. :yes:

22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

yup

23. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We have a QB who can throw the ball as well as anyone in the league. Until we force opposing defenses to respect Phillips just as much as LT and to quit daring us to pass, then we will come close but there will be no diamonds. If LT runs 10 times for 80 yards, and we throw for over 300, we can still win. So far neither Norval or anyone else are taking what the the other teams are willing to give us often enough. I have yet to see us simply man up and blitz. I have yet to see us really open up and pressure defenses throughout a game. Both LT and Rivers are capable of carrying a team by exploiting what the other side grants them. Right now defenses are focusing on LT and Norval is playing right into their hands. Everyone knows whether we have success in the air or not, we will go back to LT like some crack addict, so they are willing to let us do some damage with the passing game and keep shadowing LT. This coaching staff seems to think that if we throw the ball for a while, and hen we can turn to LT like slipping on a comfy parir of old shoes. We should come out throwing, even going to a no huddle the way New England did, throwing to LT as a lone back and then running once we spread the bastards out and opening up again when they react to that. This coaching staff seems to think that other teams will react to us throwing for a while like sharks react to chum. Until they use real bait on hook they force them to bite on and then set it, they will keep working us just like they are now.

24. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    We will get back on track by pancaking my former boy Donnie next week. We will take that game by more than 20 points. I can guarantee we get back to .500 and Denver loses to Indy so we will be on top of the division, life will be good again. Ship will be righted by beating up on 3 weak division teams in a row and go into the bye at 4-2.

If by some freak of nature they lose to KC you can put a fork in us as we will be done. Just love these must win games in the 4th week of the season.

25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    DEAN MAD
    DEAN ANGRY
    DEAN FIRE

YEEEAAAARRRRCHHHH!!!

26. jerry62

jerry62 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +15
    I suddenly don't see those teams as so weak anymore.

27. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    That was my first year as a full season ticket holder.

I'm not giving up either BUT...

I really don't know WHAT to exepect next week.