1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The vultures begin to circle!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    I would keep VJ over Floyd. :popcorn:

3. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    If the blackbirds want to give us a 1st and a 3rd for Floyd, by all means. Naanee can do what he does all day long, and it would give us a chance to use Bust in the slot. I like Floyd, but if he wants elite WR money, he would be better off served as trade bait.

4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    I'm a big fan of M80 and until the season is over he's a Charger so imo HANDS OFF :icon_twisted:

5. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    In A.J. Smith we trust... :tup:

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    I know its never going to happen, but damn I wished I knew how all that F/A stuff works.

We need a free agent Wiki!!

:bolt:

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    I thought Floyd would be easy to keep?

8. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    I mean, if Floyd were taken away with the 1 and 3 comp picks, I would be more than happy using the R1 to fill a need and the R3 to draft Missou's Denario Alexander or Florida's Riley Cooper, both big, strong WRs capable of falling to R3.

9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Floyd alone yes, then I'd reluctantly trust AJ to get a good replacement set in the draft with a 3rd round pick and a higher first, though not much as we'll be at 32 of course and the Ravens have bottom 8 as well. I would entirely disagree about Vincent Jackson, an elite WR on a team like this is essential. I would do everything to keep him.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if i was the Ravens and had to pay a first and a third then to hell with Floyd, I'd want Vincent Jackson

11. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    wouldn't surprise me. A.j somehow has to lock up jackson for sure. And if possibly floyd. WE've got so many very good players that could leave via free agency its upsetting. Hopefully somehow we can keep most of them.:yes:

12. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if anything the one i'd be the least surprised about bolting or just being offered alot for would be Marcus McNeil - left tackles are damn near worth their weight in gold. McNeil's a good one but I don't know if he's worth a massive contract

13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I really can't imagine that B'more would pay that price for Floyd. If they did, I'd jump at it. Nothing against Malcom at all, but these picks would provide a whole new outlook on our draft strategy.

As for VJ .... I only want to see him in Bolts. :yes:

Gotta believe that B'more will be looking hard at the Brandon Marshall situation, too.

14. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820
    I doubt we put the highest tender on Floyd. My guess would be he gets the second highest tender (1st round pick only). I say this for two reasons. First, what kind of message do you send VJ when Floyd gets the same exact tender offer with half the production over the past two years? Second, I think that AJ is expecting to lose either Floyd or VJ this off season. I don't think there would be a big drop off in production with a lineup of VJ/Floyd as the starter along with Legoland with Buster in the slot. Getting and extra first and possibly a third would help shore up some thinner parts of the roster by leveraging the strongest part of the roster. Same goes with Merriman. Slap the highest tender on him and see what comes from it. McNeill must get locked up.

Having Floyd and Nannee at WR and Phillips and English at OLB along with 3 #1's and 3 #3's wouldn't be a bad thing in my book if that's the worse case scenario.

15. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    You're likely right. I do believe that Shawne will get the 1&3 tender & the same goes for him as Floyd - if someone wants to pony that up, so long.

I would prefer to see VJ here over Floyd. Better blocker, stronger, better YAC, & I still believe more durable.

16. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    Threads like this are like seeing a Christmas decorations section at Wal Mart the day after Halloween.