1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The way we hear it....

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Sep 16, 2005.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +744
    From Pro Football Weekly

Sept. 12, 2005

The inability to stay on the field during the preseason because of nagging injuries cost the team’s top three draft picks — OLB Shawne Merriman, DE Luis Castillo and WR Vincent Jackson — a shot at larger roles to start the regular season. Merriman, beset by a hamstring pull and, more recently, a sprained knee, will have to share time initially with Ben Leber and Shaun Phillips, not to mention proving himself on special teams. Castillo’s foot problems probably cost him the starting DLE job, but he should see plenty of action in September, especially on passing downs. Jackson figures to be the last to make his presence felt. His sore Achilles tendon is feeling better, but he and the coaching staff believe he hasn’t had enough repetitions in the offense to warrant a sizable role yet. At best, he figures to only challenge Kassim Osgood for the No. 4 WR spot early on.

2. DJ

DJ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Merriman is going to be a beast. I hope he is able to shake the injury bug because he has unlimited potential

3. T10

T10 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +22
    Man I hope that Jackson's injury isn't more serious than advertised. I heard that they brought in another WR this week.