1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Way We Hear It

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by robdog, Jul 7, 2005.

1. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +260
    <strong>July 7, 2005</strong>
    Source: <a href="http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+Way+We+Hear+It/default.htm?mode=afcwest">Pro Football Weekly</a>

The Chargers are busy doing what general manager A.J. Smith has labeled as "taking care of our own" this offseason. After earlier reworking the deals of LB Steve Foley and WR Keenan McCardell, the team inked valuable NT Jamal Williams to a five-year extension in late May that could be worth up to $31 million. Next up on the to-do list would be negotiating long-term deals for Pro Bowl TE Antonio Gates and OG Toniu Fonoti before they become free agents. Rewarding Williams, however, did not go unnoticed in the respect department. "No one in the league can handle him one-on-one," Chargers second-year C Nick Hardwick told PFW. "He's unblockable. Going against that in practice, getting my *** beat more than a few times, holding my own maybe for a little bit, I knew he was going to be the best I'd see all year. So if I could handle him, kind of, then I knew I was going to be OK."