1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

The weekly quarterback power rankings: Peyton at the top

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    [​IMG]

Tue Oct 06, 2009

Shutdown Corner is proud to present the weekly quarterback power rankings. They're just as arbitrarily decided as normal power rankings, except they rank quarterbacks, not whole teams. Rankings are based on play this year alone and meant to represent who is playing the best football at the current moment.

6. Philip Rivers(notes), San Diego Chargers [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Speaking of Sunday night, the score of that game might as well have been Steelers 38, Philip Rivers 28. Or 21 maybe, with the other 7 going to The White Hammer, Jacob Hester(notes). With the problems on both lines, Rivers is the only thing keeping the Chargers in games right now.

Link http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/sh...rback-power-rankings-Peyton-at?urn=nfl,194374

2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    My Adopted Son is wasting away all his talent. The Bolts need to have others step up as Philip has Big Time. :(

Spanos start kicking some A$$, tell AJ to Kick some more A$$, To Tell Norv to Kick Major A$$ and have that go all the way Down to the Players with a Royal Kicking of their A$$. :icon_evil:

There Should be a lot of A$$ KICKING going around to turn this thing around.

3. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

At this moment, I've got to agree. :icon_evil:

Though I have to say, I really enjoyed Monday Night's game. I think it's really cool to have a QB that's beaten all 32 teams.

So far this season, it's sure been fun to watch Rivers airing out. Just hope it will now lead to wins.

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    That my firend is a steaming pile of fresh bull droppings.

I get the frustration. 2-2 is the end of the world for most of us, life ends the galaxy implodes and we are left as free floating quarks in space.

The season is NOT over! Rivers is playing well and the team can still do everything that the fans want and more! This pity party BS needs to ramp back in my honest opinion.

Did you really think that we would go undefeated? Really? That is all that we lost, but that was lost against Baltimore. Maybe you and a few other who lack the testicular fortitude to stay with the team are ready to say crap like "Rivers is wasting his talent" I am not!

Rivers is wasting NOTHING so long as he is striving to win games.

EOM

5. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +12
    I agree what Conc said but it is not to whom you lost to but how you lost it. When you are being used and abused by the Steelers, it would have a lasting effect in the memory.

Furthermore, look at the teams that the Chargers beat. It took an outstanding effort from Rivers to overcome the Raiders, the same team which was overrun by everybody else with ease except the inept Chiefs. I like to see this team how do they fare the next four games before I can make certain about its destiny.

6. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Things change in the NFL. Every season there are paper tigers who come out of the gates playing well. By mid season they are out paced by the teams that started out playing soso football to poor football. The next two games should show us what we are.

I dont think we will play the dominating D I expected, I think the O will get better in the red zone. However, if the D allows the opposition to score on 6 out of 8 drives, then we will do nothing.

However there is time to shore up the D, fix it... No... Shore it up, yeah. My biggest frustration is that for the last 3 years we have not been able to get consistent push on the D line or pressure on the QB. That is not going to change if Wade Phillips comes back, which I think is highly unlikely.

Right now, we have the personnel to play a better 4-3 IMO. Put Merriman on the end with his hand down, and have Martin and the rent a car guy on the interior. Then the middle LB can rush more effectively IMO...

If we dont pressure the QB, we are going to have a long season...

7. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Rivers should kick AJ in the nuts. :icon_evil:

He deserves better.

8. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    :icon_huh:

9. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Rivers being 6th IMO is based on his stats and how his TEAM is playing....Cause right now outside of Manning and Brees there isn't a QB playing better than Rivers.

Rivers is the only thing keeping this team in tact right now.

10. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Ahhh... Yes he deserves better... Tell me what was the starting OL for the last game? Injuries is impacting the OL, so based on the fact that there is no continuity right now, I will say that the O has done very well.

We get continuity on the line and the running game will get better and Rivers will shine...

So some AJ coupability, but not all AJ...

11. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Rivers is shining in spite of the fact that the OL has been beat up. A bigger problem is that our D can't get off the field in order to put the ball back in his hands. And that, my friend, has been an issue that we've seen coming for quite some time & AJ has done very little to address. Now it's blowing up in his face & he wants to look around for a scapegoat.

You should head to Washington, Mr. Smith. That town is full of your type. Ego maniac blowhards with no accountability gene.

12. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Ya and even Washington is having a hard time swallowing the contract right now of Haynesworth. They are a worse team this year than last year. Not because of Haynesworth but his huge contract is certainly going to eat into who they can resign down the road.....

13. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Agree...

What the diddlyhoo? :icon_huh:

14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    DC, not the Foreskins. :lol:

15. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Lest we forget the career of Archie Manning...a fine QB stuck on a loser for his entire career. Will that be the fate of Phil Rivers?

16. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I think Rivers surpassed Archie's win total his first year starting, so no I see no similarities.

Not to mention Archie could ruuuuun. Maybe a better comparison you were looking for would come in the form of a Marino, or Kelly?

17. Buck Blincoe

Buck Blincoe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +207
    Excellent points....well taken.

18. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    My honesty is this I was thinking we would be 4-0 at this point of the season IF we did not have significant injuries. Since we did have the Significant Injuries I said to myself 3-1 and that was my Debbie Downers point of view. For Rivers Sake as my Honesty again AJ Smith needs to get through Trading Players/Draft picks and Get Philip Rivers more O-Line Help.

Yes I know that there is 16 Games in a Season but for me it is to a lot of people will think as unrealistic expectations but I want as a selfish point of view thing is for even our 2nd Team to be almost the same as our 1st Team on Offense, to be able to have that same playability as the 1st Team to be plugged in for injuries.

That is my honesty.

We do need a Hell of a lot better Game play out of our D to give Philip Rivers the Chance to get on the field and shine. IMO Philip Rivers is the bright spot of this season.

This is where I disagree technically. All of the Chargers Teams as in all the O, D and Special Teams through the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams need practice time together to gain continuity. They should already have that continuity as my opinion with maybe a small getting used to working together during Training Camp. It should not be that difficult to gain that continuity.

I know I am Retarded and all for my thoughts but there you have it.