1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Whizzer headed to the Lions?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Kyle Shanahan... gross.

2. Burlington Bolt Brother

Burlington Bolt Brother BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +162
    you half agreed with me but gave me a full disagree? Has Concudumb's well poisoning been that effective?:eek:

3. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +636
    And also, some of Norv's scheme just with different language. Its quite remarkable what their doing here in SD. I would love for them to mix in something new for the playoffs. I'm sure they've had it in mind, to add a wrinkle or two.

4. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    I don't know about that. Those "blunders" are HC blunders. Whiz made a "blunder" or two this season as well. WASH goaline stand comes to mind. McCoy has a lot more responsibility than Whiz. I'm sure McCoy would be almost perfect if he was the OC.

5. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    Correction I 1/3rd agreed with you. :roflmao:

Norv's scheme has value when mixed with more modern offenses. We just can't live off the deep crossing routes and RB screens anymore.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    I just hope McCoy knows when to spread it out and attack. We've been mostly run oriented the last few weeks, and Cincy will game plan for that.

7. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    I know I was thinking this team is better off with releasing Floyd, but giving his contract, guess it wouldn't hurt to keep him another year. I did re-watch some tape from earlier on in the year, and if Floyd comes back healthy, we can play Allen in the slot, and also if we draft another dynamic WR or Brown catches on or Alexander makes his way back, this could be quite deadly.

Our 13 personnel is pretty much unstoppable. I can't wait to see the DVOA on that personnel with Gates, Green, Allen, Royal and Woodhead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    but we know it was ABN who kept Mathews out of those situations in that game and prior..THAT changed whatever Wiz could call. If Wiz was in charge, then they both should get sent packing and allow pags and Rivers to take over everything

9. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +636
    Lol really?

Norv would shy away from the run. Clearly Whiz feels other wise when you hand the ball off to the guy 29 times back to back games in 4 days and be effective. Look at his December carries, 14, 29, 29, 25, 24. Thats 111 caries in one month. Mathews career high with Norv was 26. He's had 10 20+ carry games under Norv in 3 years, he's already got 6 this year.

10. Burlington Bolt Brother

Ratings:
    +162
    Not sure why you're bringing up Norv but yes, I think Wiz would have loved to have had Mathews to give the ball to in that Washington game.

11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,723
    That was well before Mathews started getting fed like he is now, despite having a very nice first half in that game he was pretty much yanked after halftime.

Not sure who's decision it was, but it almost certainly cost us a win.

12. Blitzy

Blitzy Rainbow Bolt

Ratings:
    +633
    All hearsay rubbish! Time to take your meds :whistling:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Honestly, overrated. I'd take Kubiak sooner than him (Houston's offense was never anything special outside of the same ol' Shanahan zone-running with him there) and Kubes really should take a year off from the game for his own health and recuperation.

If we lose Whiz and don't promote Reich (only reason I'm skeptical is I don't see Reich having play-calling experience anywhere on his resume):
    Geep Chryst (some may not be fond of this because he was Riley's OC here)
    Mike Mularkey
    Bill Musgrave (if/when fired by Minnesota after they hire a new HC)

14. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    I believe if another team goes after a coach under contract to a team they should have to compensate that team with a draft pick.

15. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    As much as it sucks at times I don't mind the NFL allowing promotional hires to assistants under contract.

I mean, if you're working a floor position at your current job and a supervisory position comes open elsewhere would you like to be barred from taking the promotion just because your current employer doesn't want to lose you?

16. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Caldwell apparently had a very impressive interview with DET. Charted ever Stafford pass in 2013, highlighted mistakes, and proposed corrections. Hopefully we win and they hire him.

17. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +1,075
    Caldwell is also apparently high on Penn State's list; though newly-fired Mike Munchak is also - so he could usurp Caldwell's gig there. I'm hoping Tennessee's decision to fire Munchak has come now in the wake of someone else other than James Franklin (Vanderbilt's coach) getting the gig at Texas, as he could be their primary target.

18. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +318
    As long as it's not the Rat:poop:s, I don't care where Whiz ends up. As the old saying goes, "If you really love something, set it free. If it doesn't come back, stalk and kill it."

• Like Like x 1
  19. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    I am putting money on our OC leaving. :(

Damn, him and McCoy are perfect together. Can we just pay him extra? A record breaking OC salary???

20. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    Just keep winning... teams get impatient and look elsewhere. Like all the SF assistants last year.

21. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +262
    So are you saying if we keep winning he won't get a coaching job elsewhere?

If so, I hope you are right. But in my experience, winning teams usually have the best assistant coaches poached.

22. Jesse Kemp

Jesse Kemp BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +132
    It's not that it never happens, but a lot of times teams get antsy that the other candidates they like will get snapped up while they wait, so they pull the trigger.

23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,923
    If it happens it happens. It's all but out of our control so why fret about it?

Just keep winning and worry about what our 2014 staff will look like after the season is over.

24. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,772
    Nice win but there is a long road ahead. Step up or step out, either way you have to play!!!!

25. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,976
    And here's to them getting a job interview in February.

• Winner Winner x 1