1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

There Is A Game Coming Sunday vs. Phish

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pointyearedog, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,734
    With this Sunday's game looming, what should be the strategy for the Bolts with regards to some of the injured players coming back, and what do the Bolts have to do to pull out a win in the Sunshine state? What are your thoughts?

Pointy :cool:

2. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Injuries: Whoever's ready, let them play. Don't risk rushing someone back before the bye.

Offense strategy: For Pete's sake, go back to the "take whatever the defense offers, control the ball, move the chains" offense that works so well for us. If that means use the pass to set up the run, then embrace it. If they stack the box, don't fight it, Reich! Be like the Steve Young-era 49ers: pass to score and run to win. IMO we should count on needing 27 points to win this game.

Defense strategy: Watched a bit of Miami's last game on NFL Rewind and saw mostly basic football plays, nothing fancy that needed to be schemed for. Granted Tannehill is a mobile QB but we've faced mobile QBs before. I trust that if our D plays smart and with discipline (avoid penalties and big plays) we can keep the 'fins under 20 points.

3. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Which injured players are supposed to make their return for this game?

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Score more points than the opponent.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Just get through this next game and give all those who need it a break from the action. If this team can somehow come out of the bye mostly healthy, the second half could become very interesting fi the walking wounded can strap em up and play.

7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    People always talk about "a template" to beat a team, and surely some around the league
    are going to look at the Bronco game as the blueprint to beating the Chargers.

Hopefully Reich and company learned too: If the other team makes it their top priority
    (and commits the bulk of their defensive resources) to stop your undrafted rookie running back,
    for God's sake, put the ball in the hands of your future Hall of Fame QB!
    Reich was a very slow learner last Thursday night.

8. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    Hopefully Addae, Attaochu, Flowers, S. Williams and Brown are all cleared to play. Much needed depth.

Ryan Mathews doesn't need to be rushed back if we have Donald Brown.

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,413
    Wait...... did you actually write that? :p

10. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,158
    Screen Shot 2014-10-29 at 11.10.09 AM.png

11. Slam

Slam BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +137
    I think they're going to have to contain better. Hopefully with the Marshall release our pass defense will be better?

Also since the Raiders game... how many times have we hit the QB? I don't think we touched the last 3 quarterbacks :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JohnnyX

JohnnyX 2017 Chargers Head Coach

Ratings:
    +378
    Get healthy. Chargers are a different team when healthy. I think we have some guys back for this game and we win handily.

13. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    Doesn't sound like all the injured players from the past couple weeks aren't coming back this week either. Despite us having a long layoff after getting whooped, no injury progress was made. Attouchu is still holding his hammy, Ryan Mathews isn't running, Melvin Ingram can't come back yet, Flowers hasnt passed protocol and I haven't heard anything about JV

14. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    D.Brown looks to be back. I think Flowers might be a gametime decision. We also get Steve Williams back. I can't think of sweeter three game stretch plus a bye more favorable to the Chargers than @Miami, Vs Oak, Vs STL.

15. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings:
    +481
    Damn....the last time the Bolts won IN Miami was the "EPIC" game....that's some crazy sheeot. :confused:

16. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,887
    Just get through the game and get some guys back. The playoffs could be on the line and a strong second half is going to be needed.

17. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Yes. As long as we have depth and a change of pace back in Brown I think we'll be good. Having Oliver running down hill and having Brown hit holes we should be good enough.

Ronnie Brown and Shaun Draughn add nothing behind Oliver. Hence why it's all been Oliver. Why risk forcing Mathews?

18. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +942
    Yeah Addae, Attaochu and Flowers being out of practice today is discouraging. But, Addae and Flowers are concussed so I respect that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Bigkdb

Bigkdb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +74
    D Brown is a scrub, I wouldnt risk Flowers for the dolphins and yes It's gonne help a lot, that bye that is, then two cupcakes

20. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    ^^^And those two games are here at home...

21. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,378
  22. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    The weather shouldn't be a factor, looks like it will be nice there at least. Time to get back on the winning track for the Bolts.

23. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +389
    Anyone else picking up a slight drop off from the Wisenhunt era? (Granted he's got big shoes to fill and is learning to be an OC on the fly)

24. JohnnyX

Ratings:
    +378
    To be fair when the team was healthy Reich was more aggressive. You know that word everyone seems to love on offense.

25. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 Eternal Optimist

Ratings:
    +341
    I’m in Miami right now, drinking Coronas & eagerly anticipating tomorrow’s game. Florida is currently in the middle of a cold spell (well, cold for Florida) and the current temperature is about 66°.

It’s projected to be 69° at kickoff, with no rain in the forecast so the weather won’t be a factor at all.
    ONWARD TO VICTORY! :abq2:

• Like Like x 1
  26. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,734
    Drink a couple of cold ones for me. Enjoy that game tomorrow! Go Bolts!