1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

There is enough crappy play to go around!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Oct 18, 2009.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    Ok, lol....I am getting really tired of all the Cromartie hate on this forum.

Listen we all know that Cromartie had a bad game against the Steelers...however up to that point this year he actually had played pretty good. Yet just because he is not picking off a pass every game you all want his head.

How about changing the attitude here a bit, and let's talk about why no one is really hating on the rest of this defense?

How about Merriman? Dude is on the field less than Mike Scifres yet because the ***** has an injury that suddenly appears when he isn't getting to the QB like he used to, you all believe it.

Lets talk about Stephen Cooper who frankly isn't that big of an upgrade from Matt Wilhelm. Face it he is one of the worst tackling LB's in football and can't shed blocks for ****.

Where has Shaun Phillips been since Merriman went down? How about this stud Larry English we drafted who hasn't' shown up yet.

I am a backer of all these guys. I'm just saying that you guys need to get off of the Cromartie hate and start spreading the love, because this defense sucks, not just him.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    I think Stephen Cooper has been playing good until he hurt his knee...

3. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    We need BEEF... :tup: Go bolts :abq2:

4. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +362
    Hey guy, the night before a big game...I'm with you. Time to support all Chargers! We need the "D" to step up as a unit...no one player will cause us to fail. This is Rivera's big chance to show he can pull the "D" together for a united front on MNF!

I expect a tough game, but the Bolts will step up! I believe they got their wake up call!

Time to show your “BOLT” proudly! Let it all hang out!:abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2::abq2:

5. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434

I back Stephen Cooper because currently he is a Charger. However, he is no where near a great ILB wouldn't even say he is good, average at best. He has a hard time shedding blocks and constantly gets driven back, and misses tackles in the gaps. Watching him reminds me of watching Donnie Edwards, in which neither one had any strength, but had a decent amount of tackles every year because the offenses knew to run at them all game long.