1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

There's just not enough

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    talk. Discussion. Fire.

Admittedly I'm buzzed at almost 2am EST on Sat. morning. Is that early too talk about this all-important barometer of the Bolt's season ?

A drunkard's perspective ..... Bolts win because Norv realizes it's Ryan's time and, with some timely spells by Battle, the Chargers both control the offensive tempo & kick some ***. Drew gets his record BUT also meets Melvin " I'm Here for a Good Time" Ingram. QB's take note - there's a new sheriff in San Diego.

2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,089
    Yep ....to early, good call, have just ONE more and hit the sack before you pass out. :D

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    I have just a corner left to finish, but that doesn't change my consistent perspective on this game .....

We have an offense that can help our defense by controlling the clock. NO's defense is leaky vs. the run. It's time to hit the opponent with fresh legs via Battle/Mathews/McClain. I don't care who starts - fresh legs are a winning formula.

NO's rushing game won't be the deciding factor. Spy Sproles, pressure the hell outta Brees. We had this guy in our camp at one time - we know his weaknesses. Exploit the hell out of them.

Last week we had to make Cassell beat us by taking away the run. This week we take away Brees beating us by pressure pressure pressure.

Pagano's group has got this.

4. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    A sober perspective ..... Ryan has not done anything for Norv to realize that it's his time. ;) Battle is winning the position "battle" IMO. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    There is nothing wrong with using rotating backs like Norv did last week!
    I liked that part of the game plan at KC, I hope he stays with it!

Brees needs to be hit hard and often Sunday night!

6. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    True, there's nothing wrong with hit the opponent with a sledgehammer first to soften them up, and then follow with speed when they're worn down. Mathews is even more effective against a tired defense.

7. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +325
    Who'd a thunk it?.... so am I.

8. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68

9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +3,524
    But can you put a game away? ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    That sounds do-able to a point but I really don't trust the O-line in anything short of third and inches with the offense spread out to with the option to pass.

Brees last played for us in '05, who is left on the team from that year amongst the players and coaches now?

11. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings:
    +127
    Brees last played for us in '05, who is left on the team from that year amongst the players and coaches now?

One who really counts, Pagano.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Id just like to see our WRs on obvious pass third downs, make the ydg on the field to acheive a 1st down BEFORE theyevery think of trying to turn around and call for the ball. CMON cant tell me that players cant fix this problem. Its been plauging us for goin on 3 years now.

13. Pumpkin Bolt

Pumpkin Bolt Zin me!

Ratings:
    +426
    I would add Rivers to that list!

14. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +294
    Also surprised no one is talkin about the KC fan base (like I said) gettin so sick and tired of Pioli and Romeos stance on Cassel and driving the team further down as a whole.