1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

they got Romo's blunder along with Fouts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Jan 8, 2007.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=blunders/070107&POLL272=80

Dan Fouts
    The Chargers were heavy favorites in a 1979 divisional playoff game against the Oilers: they had gone 12-4 and were the top seed in the AFC and the Oilers were playing without Earl Campbell and starting QB Dan Pastorini. Fouts threw for 333 yards, but was intercepted five times -- four by Oilers rookie safety Vernon Perry (who also blocked a field-goal attempt).

Tony Romo
    Unlike Smith, Turk and Junkin -- who never played again after their gaffes -- Romo has a long career ahead of him. Maybe, like Fouts, he'll overcome his moment and become a Hall of Fame quarterback. Or maybe this will go down as his defining NFL moment. Sometimes, history isn't very fair.

2. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    Fuc these people.

The Oilers were stealing the Chargers signs and no effing way they beat the Bolt with that fuc't up team missing Campbell and Pastorini.

Those Son of biitches cheated and knew every call we were making.

3. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    Yep, that 1 ranks right up there with the holy roller...:angry: :titans:(no oilers icon) :conc:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,727
    Tony **** doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence as Fouts.

[​IMG]
    [/thread]

5. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    I don't think it's cheating. It's being prepared. Coryell should have figured it out and adjusted.

For all the love he gets, he was not a very good game day coach. Bad clock management too.

6. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    At least Fouts made his mistakes during the course of performing his job as a Quarterback.

Romo F'ed up a perfectly good snap on a chipshot fieldgoal. He was thinking ahead to the next week and didn't focus.

Romo should feel terrible. He blew it big time.

7. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Gifford fuq'in Nielson and Vernon Perry-ChristAlmightyDamn!!:tdown: :icon_evil:

8. RayDahayder

RayDahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +23
    I wasn't living in california at the time.... although I suffered through that game back in ohio at my in-laws, I never heard anything about the oilers stealing signs. What was that?