1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

They're melting down on RF.NET

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Mid-west Chargers fan, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Here are some of the comments over at Raiderfans.net:

TRSkeef -

Twice a year every year we face this team, and we STILL can't stop LT...not even stop, we can't even SLOW HIM DOWN. Our run D is beyond pathetic...we deserved to lose this game. Makes me sick to my stomach...

------------------------------------------------------------------

osiris78 -

My Thoughts.

Offense:
    - I am sorry but the gameplan that was devised before this game was terrible. I am assuming because we threw the ball 8 straight times to start the game, we were trying to exploit SD's secondary. The problem with that is our weakness is our passing game. Weakness vs weakness. Our team is a running team. We should have relied on it from the start. Once SD shut down our Passing game , they stacked the box.

Defense
    Our defense is a good defense and very potent when we can get PRESSURE on the Qb. Now here lies the problem. Al Davis doesn't believe in blitzing because it takes away coverage in the secondary. Now, that problem leads to the fact that we do not have a solid Defensive Line. Derrick Burgess gets double teamed, Terdell Sands is over-rated, Sapp is inconsistent with the pass rush, and Kelly is inconsistent. If our front 4 cannot put pressure, we get picked apart.

Coaching
    - Coach Kiffin has a lot to learn. Throughout this year he has been trying to fool a lot of people, the opposing teams, the media and us as fans. Certain plays in College will not work in the NFL. We should not have tried beating them passing this game, we should have been running all game. First and goal at the one, he tried fooling them with a play action when we should have just stuffed it in. As he matures and gets older, he will improve as a coach and realize Trick plays and fooling the opposition doesn't work in the NFL.

Overall: Our team is 2-3. We have beaten Cleveland and Miami. Not good teams. We are improving but we need to stick to our guns; Which is running the ball. *Ryan needs to consult Davis and start blitzing like his brother does at Baltimore.

raidersfan187 -

We suck. period. We can't tackle. Our recievers are not scaring anyone. Culpepper looks completetly lost out there. We are getting out coached. We can't stop anyone. We suck.

yayarea_raider -

i just...really don't feel like I'm alive right now. i ****ing hate LT that sonova *****. he killed my week. Our defense played horrible today. All we had to do was stop LT...and we couldn't do that. that last rushing TD by him I had to catch my self when I got to my window. j/k but this really sux and I'm really dissapointed right now. If Ryan cannot get this D to stop the run then this really sux. C'pep didn't play very well and needs to hold on to the football. Our running game was proved to be average today. all we ****in did was go up against piss poor run D teams that made us look like we were gr8. this is really dissapointing. Stu played horrible, THE D LINE WAS VERY BAD NOT ENOUGH PASS RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! fab shot his mouth off too much I didn't like that. WHY DIDN'T WE SEE MORE RHODES?!? he could of made a difference in the running game and passing game. I think he should have got more touches. Kudos to Kiffin on Miller's TD drive, but otherwise i dunno. this really sux.

And one lone voice of reason, RaiderInNY -

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheSoulPatrol
    I just shake my head at this defense. Let's rush 4 the entire game even though it's not effective at all. Where is the logic in this? Everyone knows you put a little pressure on Rivers and he cracks.
    Tomlinson destroyed us again, when are we going to learn?

Offensively, yeah, not good either. All the hate McCown got and everyone calling for CPepp, well you all got what you wanted. I don't blame the loss on any one person though.

Ugh, this defense! Argh! What is going on over there? Teams are going to eat us up with our rush 4 defense that can't stop anyone.

LEARN? LEARN? When are fans goign to learn that LT is GREAT! That OL in SD is AWSOME! And they are good! When are fans going to stop hating, because thet are 'fans that are too blind' or look at things objectively. Give them their props. They are good! LT owns us for a reason. There are two teams out there -- the other team is allowed to be good!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedkills
    6 sacks i say about 3-4 of them were culpepper's fault

'Pep's fumbles, miscues, missed passes, INT etc. It looked like Collins out there sometimes.

HEY -- and to those FANS that BASHED, KILLED and MURDERED a GUTSY and injured McCown for weeks when he had his bad performances, and called for Culpepper -- what do you say now?

McCown practically did the same, playing horrible, and then in spots lead the team to a TD - but overall, never got in tune with the team. And many bashed him, while playing hurt, which isnt his fault, he is going to play if the coaches ask him.

Pep was bad! I wanted him to play. And no, this doesnt mean he shouldnt be the starter. 'Cause he brings elements to this team that make it dynamic.

But that being said, I dont want to see people hold back on Pep because he was the guy you wanted. And since we called for McCown's head and 'Pep's insertion after games - are we going to hear now chants for A.Walter or J.Russell???

There's alot more over on their board, but as a whole they are melting down. I might check tomorrow and see if the suicide rate went up today, as they were spouting off all week leading up to the game how they were going to regain dominance in the AFC west by beating us.

Feels good!! :icon_rofl: :tup: :lol: :icon_tease:

2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    oh the humanity of it all :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Tha rock

Tha rock BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    melting down? we almoast just beat you clowns and not only that how about the posts are some of the other chargers boards calling for Marty so STFU.

• Like Like x 1
  4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    The Raiders were never within 7 points of the Chargers and looked like crap the entire game.

What's your definition of "almost"?

Being within reach the whole time doesn't constitute "almost beating them"

• Like Like x 1
  5. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Gee Rock, you could have had Vinnie Testaverde. HE might have almost gotten it done too... :icon_toast:

Serioiusly, you guys are far more of a threat with Culpepper than you were without him. Gallery is still a wasted 1st round pick I don't care where he is played.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    While I do find those posts amusing, this fanbase really shouldn't be making jokes about "melting down", as a great many Charger fans did a few weeks ago.

See how embarassing it looks?

• Like Like x 2
  7. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Excellent post! Excellent point!

• Like Like x 1
  8. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,407
    I don't find it funny from an aspect that they're "melting down" like as though any other fan base doesn't do it (including our own)

I just find it funny because it's funny to see it when they lose.

I'm sure they find it just as amusing when the Chargers are in dire straights.

It's all fair game, nothing wrong with getting a laugh out of it.

9. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192

HAHAHAHAHA

Fuc off shithead, LT just bent your whole team over yet again so STFU

11. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Say what? :icon_eek:

You Turds were really NEVER in the game. You got a defensive TD which made it more than it was because your offense didnt do squat.

Can barely score from the 1 yardline :lol:

12. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Eight in a row, just win baby, just win. :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    0-16 in the Division in their last 16. :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

It defines FUTILITY. :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

14. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942

Dude, you're funnier than a clown on fire.

15. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    You're right, of course. That was a close one.

:rolleyes2:

16. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,072
    Almost beat us?

At what point was it close besides the Opening kickoff?

You had 1 score on an interception, then mid way through the 4th quarter, you managed another touchdown.

Face it, once again the Raiders will be battling for last place.

Its a bad team, and will only get worse!

Whiffin with Kiffen!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mid-west Chargers fan

Mid-west Chargers fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +16
    Chill dude, I'm just commenting on what I was reading on RF.NET.

It's funny how they shut down the board after a loss and you have to be a member to post (or even to look at the forums).

Almost beat us? 1 td as a gift from our QB who was in a clueless moment. And the other td on a goalline series that went to 4th down (if I recall correctly we kept you clowns out of the endzone to close out the first half).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Stuffin a Muffin? (Nope - that was Goff's last block on Sapp). ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Chargers own the raters. Will for a couple more years. Thankyou A.j. and ladanain and all the rest.,

Now its time to beat some real teams and win the super bowl.

20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: This dude deserves rep, I just can't give it to him. Help a bro out and rep this dude.:bolt: :tup:

21. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    They are melting down at Faiderfan.net, they were melting down as we walked out of the stadium, they were melting down as the game progressed. Let them melt. It couldnt happen to a better bunch.

22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I wished I had buck for every time I was flipped off today. One coconut, flipped me off, then told me F***off, then proceeded to leave, he never came back. It musta been something, I said, or did :icon_shrug:

There was one guy a Chargers fan, who the Ushers were saying that someone complained about his actions. I told that Usher, who ever is complaining, must be a Raider fan, I then told him it was bullsh** because I was talking more **** then he was. 2 Raider fans agreed with me.

The Usher just shook his head, and left.

23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Damn I wish I could've been there (sniff)

and its a firm rule of nature that melt downs are always hilarious when it doesn't happen to you :yes:

If it happens to you, then its thought-out, intelligent and correct :icon_tease:

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886

Way to represent dude, you are a true Bolt fan through and through. props to you!!!!!!!!

25. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    ...wonder if that one dude will kick his girlfriend out of the car up near the border inspection station again? Some funny stuff they do after a loss eh?

I'd move to Florida and play Jimmy Buffett except I wouldn't be able to flip off so many Faider fans there. ;)

26. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Eight in a row, I love it. Soon to be nine, even better. Duds suck and payback is a biotch.

27. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +2,072
    I had forgotten about that Border Patrol incident. :icon_rofl:

28. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I nominate this post "Epic Post of the Month".

29. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +1,028
    I second the nomination! :tup: