1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This guy thinks LT is done forever

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by When Lightning Strikes, Sep 15, 2009.

1. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +68
  2. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494
    The holes aren't there for him anymore

I didn't see his speed and tackle shedding from years past

:(

3. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    He's right about one thing, it is sad to watch:(

4. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    At some point I think the year before last LT started to adopt this spinning lunge move to try to eek out a couple extra yards. The problem is that the run blocking has been so poor that he now spins himself to the ground like 3/4 of the time he touches the ball, so he's not even giving himself the opportunity the break the tackles or put on the juke. I swear from here it looks like a technique issue... like he'd rather spin to the ground the stay vertical and risk getting popped for a shot at the home run.

5. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    Whatever it is he's doing, we need LT to be a top runner again if we want to even think about winning a super bowl.

6. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139
    LT needs to get into space. Screens, dump passes and runs around the end. This up the middle like a fullback crap is horrible. If they want to do that, give the ball to Hester or Tolbert. At least they would have a fighting chance.

7. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    There's just something about his uncomfortable hyperness and herky jerky style he's adopted that says to me he doesn't want to get hit, or he just can't do it anymore.

Lots of blame on lack of holes no doubt. I would never throw l.t. under the bus, and I appreciate everything he's done throughout his career.

I did see some of that old burst last night, and a hint of elusiveness, so I'm going to chalk it up to week one jitters at the present time.

8. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    I'll wait a little bit longer. Last night was sad to watch.. :(

9. LaDeezie21

LaDeezie21 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    didn't he have like 55 yards on 14 carries or seomthing like that? Not too bad if you ask me. I got to say that he darted through the non existing holes for 3 - 4 yards more often. instead of being stood up at the line and then falling for one or two yards. On that nice 9 yard run where he tripped over himself that he was probably surprised to run through a hole untouched. He was probably expecting contact. Especially since the run was to the right. I didn't see a broken RB. I think he did pretty damn good. We are just in a tough position as fans because we get to see the speed of Sproles compared to LT's. LT was never the fastest RB out there. I see LT breaking a few long runs this year...that's if he's not seriously hurt now.

10. Alpenbolt

Alpenbolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +156
    Too early yet. But he needs to man up on this ankle injury.

But I will pop a vein in my head if they don't activate Bennett for the Ravens. Yogi, you sit this one out.

11. PowderLove

Ratings:
    +494
    I would like to scratch my "no open holes" argument and say "BRING BACK LONEAL"

• Like Like x 1
  12. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    LT might be done, I don't really care. Whoever takes over for him won't do any better until the offensive line gets fixed. Get it done AJ!

• Like Like x 1
  13. SD Native WY

SD Native WY Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    Agree :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    Hard for LT to do much w/out somewhere to go and yet he still managed to average 4.4ypc when he was in there - same with Philip - he was under pressure all night and thus wasn't able to make all the throws he could have but he did make some.

I saw LT get loose a couple of times and with the exception of one run being on gravel he looked like the old LT to me. Even AP has help getting past the LOS :p

Games are won and lost in the trenches. Until the lines are fixed, nothing will work right.

15. !~BOLT~!

Ratings:
    +205
    I like the way you put it, and yes at times he did look on the verge of bustin loose. I'm gonna support this message until I review the situation in week four.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    He looked fine to me. Just didn't get enough carries due to his ankle sprain.

Not worried, and I'm actually glad Norv held him out last night, not letting him try to go and hurting it worse.

We need him in Jan way more than we do Sept. Sproles filled in nicely, is more dangerous in the passing attack @ this point. I would dress Bennett this week tho, because it's gonna be another physical pound the rock kinda game.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,807
    word to your mutha - I WANT SOME BENNETT ACTION DAMNIT :abq2:

18. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Last night was a real tough test... The oakland interior was tough as hell and a definite plus for them losers. It was horrible footing to boot. It appeared to me that the duhs had better footing and were better prepared for the grass/ grass to dirt scenario etc.

19. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Yep. He just had his first action after healing-same as Merriman, who was not exactly his old self either. I'm willing to give them both a bit more time.