1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This is a joke.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LittleTrain, Sep 16, 2007.

1. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Talking trash all week. LT telling Madden we'll beat the pats 9 out of 10 times, then the team comes out and looks scared and unprepared. Stupid flags. Busted coverages. no clue on offense. Two weeks in a row with ZERO points at halftime.

The talent level hasn't changed. The control over the players has gone to nothing. This team could use a good dose of discipline. The coaching staff is a joke right now.

I hope they come back and prove me wrong, but right now we look like we'd struggle to win a preseason game. It doesn't matter if we blow out the crappy teams on the schedule if we keep laying eggs in the big games.

2. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    We need to stop acting like we're world beaters and start playing like the hungry under dog again. Norv needs to tell every player on this team to STFU for the rest of the season.

3. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    AMEN

4. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This team is not ready for primetime. Not even close. Two guys came to play: Gates and Merriman and that was more talent than anything else.

If Jamal is out we're in trouble.

That was embarrassing. :tdown:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Agree w/most, especially the coaching staff portion for this week...The Chargers coaching staff did not have Rivers prepared for this game...He was very, very flutered and did not appear to be ready for the looks he was getting especially the post snap looks...

One game doesn't mean ****...We will be fine...We are a very good team. I hope we drop to #15 on the power rankings...That is where we deserve to be...I would much rather play with a grudge.

TBF

6. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    We looked scared, unorganized and LOST. The only reason we won last week was because we played a Bears offense that was just horrible.

It still pisses me off LT told Madden we would beat the pats 9 out of 10 times. When did he turn into a punk???

Anyone wish our GM would have gotten a Moss or Thomas in the FA market? All I've heard is we didn't need to because our talent level was so much higher. Then our coaching staff much be total dog ****.

7. LTisCool

LTisCool BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +17
    Like Boltdiehard said, only Gates and Merriman did us proud tonight. We had a good season by working hard last year and by being a solid team. I'm not seeing that this year. I dunno if some egos have grown, but we should be doing better - at least putting up a fight.

What'll make this all better is if we blow Green Bay away. We need to see some of last years offense if we want to be successful.

8. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    One game and nothing we saw is not correctable.

9. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Whatever man. We're in trouble.

10. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    Is that how you EXPECTED us to look tonight? Can you say you weren't disappointed?

You can rationalize EVERY mistake is correctible. The point is we should have looked better and we didn't. Why do you think that is? The pats seemed to be ready even with all their distractions this week. Why didn't we?? Why did we look so shaky last week??? Don't we have a preseason (that is too long by most accounts) to get ready for these games so we don't look like crap???

we looked like an unprepared, UNDISCIPLINED team. You can't just flip the switch on discipline.

11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Why don't you sport your patriot colors instead of trolling acting like a jilted Charger fan who just happened to have recently registered?

Where was your voice before the game?

12. Prito James

Prito James BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +13
    The protection is horrible, I don't know how much is one the wr's but Rivers looks lost. The run blocking is not good and we are getting too many injuries on the defense. I don't have a problem with our play calling, but the execution or preperation is not there.
    We need to steam role Green Bay and get back home. This is why winning last week was so big.

13. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    How did we hire crappy *** coaches to keep CONTINUITY, then neither the offense or the defense seems to have a clue what the **** is going on? every pass completion some DB is pointing at another DB and yelling at him like he missed something. Jammer had two guys to cover on Moss' TD, the safety was no where to be found. Flo on Moss' other TD looked like he was in a zone taking the flats and no one took the deep zone that time either.

This team is just clueless right now.

14. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Are you insane? Do you expect me to honestly say that is what I expected? Dude, stay off of tall buildings because you sound unstable.

We lost one game. ONE, not 6, not 15. ONE! You want to call the season over, be my guest, don't expect me to take that ride with you though.

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Didn't you say that after the Ravens game last season?

Man you guys don't have the bellies to watch football. Take up golf or flower raising. It will be better for you in the long run!:icon_tease:

16. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    A humbling loss like this is what we needed. We were acting too big-headed and over confident. This loss shows how far off we are, and when we get to the SB this year, we'll look back at this game as the catapult to our season.

17. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Not to mention completely uninspired. Seriously our o-line isn't hitting anybody. :no: :tdown:

Good gawd I hope Jamal is ok. The Packers defense is no joke and Favre will torch our secondary even at his ripe old age.

18. LittleTrain

LittleTrain BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +86
    I didnt say the season was over even one time.

I did say we looked like crap when we shouldn't look like total crap.

You seemed to disagree with that position and justified it as correctible.

I'll take my position as more mentally stable than yours at this point. You have seperated from reality.

Not that it can't change. At THIS point, we've severely underperformed expectations.

19. Boltdiehard

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Actually no I didn't but I'm not surprised you'd throw that out there Conc.

Like I said whatever man.

20. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Yeah I guess whatever. I am just a bit ashamed that so many of you are acting like we just lost the superbowl.

But what ever, guess I am not that surprised you throw that out there.

21. Ryan

Ryan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Dump Jammer and acquire a decent secondary. This should have been a priority even last season. Playing a passing team like the Pats really highlighted this problem. The Pats were able to gain 5 yards every play in the first half with the cushion their WR's got.

Stop running LT up the middle, and why run him on 3rd & 1? That's a job for Turner or Neal.

LT is under-performing but more importantly: hoping the passing game will develop, and fast.

22. panjere

panjere BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    I fully expected what is happening. Ok its only 2 games. But the Bolts look lost people. When Norv Turner was hired, my eyes were rolling for 3 weeks. Norv Turner has never done anything but lose. Mediocrety has been the best he has ever done. It was crazy firing last years coaching staff because of one bad game following a 14-2 season. Die hard fans, I know you won't believe it until the end of the season, but what you saw tonight is only the beginning of the end, and Charger ownership deserves every bit of it. That was a bad, bad, bad move. :icon_shrug:

Norve is an effective assistant coach. Not a head coach. Mark my words. Sorry to say. Take it from a Raider fan who experienced a season with Norve. Looks just like a replay, just a different uniform. I liked the Chargers last year. Different team now. Whole new coaching staff people. Anyone who thinks that is not going to make a difference one way or another is in denial and so far the difference is as many losses in the first two games as in all of last years regular season, (with 14 to go).

Good luck Bolt fans. I know the Raiders suck too. ("too") I hope your boys turn it around. I would like to see at least one good team in California. But, so far, it is the 49ers.

23. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10

I agree with you on so much, but not on this.

Noone is freaking out and saying that the season is lost. This team lost to the Pats in the playoffs last season. They havent shown any improvement since then. We will have to play the Colts or the Pats (or both) to get through the tough AFC. I think alot of people look at the Bolts miserable output (and some questionable coaching...stupid penalties) and see the team getting WORSE instead of getting better.
    It is all correctable, but it isnt JUST ONE GAME. It is 3 games where the offense has been handled. LT, Rivers, LoNeal, Gates....two weeks ago everyone would have said they were all the second coming of Jesus.....put them all together with a good WR corps and a great O line.....no points in the first half of either game.

JUST ONE GAME?

The Pats got better....we look worse.....the Lombardi is the goal. If anyone is just as confidant in this team after the first two games of the season as they were in preseason, I would question their sanity (as much as they would probably question my fan loyalty).

24. panjere

panjere BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Right. Still along way to go. Lets see how they do after they win one. If they can sustain it. I don't blame you. It can seem like people are jumping off the bandwagon. I still wear my Raiders shirt even though my team sucks and has for years now. but...they are my team since I was 6 yrs old. I don't like bandwagoners. Sorry if I sounded like one. Just an interested football fan.

25. ChargerRay

Ratings:
    +867
    First of all, welcome to the site! Second, our o-line is failing LT. They have not been able to open up even a crack for LT in the 1st 2 weeks. Third, our secondary is crap. But it's too early in the season to give up on them. Let's see if they can step up next week against favre. If not, I say start Cromartie, Oliver, Weddle & Gregory against KC.

26. OverVolt

OverVolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +18
    Yeah, I'll bet this also opens allot of myopic eyes in the forums too! Just who were all the people in here screaming about this being a blow out in favor of the Bolts?
    This is a humbling experience, for BOTH players, and those who were absolutely sure this team is heading to the superbowl without a fight.
    Tonight we saw the best team in football, and it's not ours.
    Now there's no doubt this team has great talent, but without good coaching you see what that gets you.
    Next week will tell us allot about this year's team.

27. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    We look worse than the Pats yes. But it is the second game of the season. We did not look good the first four games last season. There are people running around acting like the season is over talking about how we need to get rid of the coaches or blow something up.

28. Ryan

Ryan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Wake up bro, the secondary has had its time. These corners got to start last season. Jammer's interceptions that one game did not mean squat. They did this last season but nobody saw it because we put up the numbers to win.

29. IgorUnchained

IgorUnchained BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10

If you guys have the Ravens game from last season taped....watch it. That was the only game of last season (IMO) that Rivers looked as lost and helpless as he has in the past two (3 really) games.

He hasnt had "all day" to throw, but he has had enough time that I put alot of the offensive woes on him right now.

I cant see why you are surprised that some people want to get rid of the coaches when the team they love, that looked like world beaters last season, now cant find the endzone without a couple hours to think about it. People were griping about Marty all year too...and he finished the season with one more loss than Norv has right now (thanks to Rex Grossman IMO).

You are right though....the Bolts had alot of games where they started slow and then came back (miraculously at times) to win the game last season. You arent going to be able to do that against the Pats....especially not this year's Pats.

Go Bolts! :bolt:

30. knowsthebolt

knowsthebolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +14
    The Chargers won their first 2 games last year by a combined 67-7.