1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This is just sick!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BOLTS4LIFE, Jan 24, 2009.

1. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Reading many posts in here, I think it's really sick how many of you are ready to throw LT under a bus just because AJ is ready to. The way you are talking, you'd think LT did the same thing that TO did to the Eagles.

You guys are making Raiders fans smile. That's all I hear from them... "LT is a b****, cry baby, etc." Now you guys are saying it.

ALL LT has ever done is play his heart out for the Chargers and volunteer his time and cash for the San Diego community.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Good post.

3. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    Agreed.

4. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Right now, I'm embarrassed by our fan base.

The entire NFL world is looking at this and saying "what a sad franchise" and "what lousy fans." Sad thing is that our franchise continues to self destruct and our fan base is regressing (behavior wise).

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I am not sure that is true. If you feel that way, ok. But New England may be facing a very similar situation with Brady. Teams go through this all the time. It is a harsh fact of the game, players move on, and teams have to dance with the cap. Well until next year, then I think the whole thing may just go to pot.

6. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    Agreed B4L- Its disgusting and AJ should be ashamed of himself for mocking LT

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't see that being similar at all.
    For One... they've won three Super Bowls in the last 8 years.
    Two... They just won 11 games without him.
    Three... The GM is not ready to throw him under a bus.
    Four... The fans are not ready to throw him under a bus.

BOTTOM LINE... If releasing Brady gives them their best shot at another Super Bowl appearance, I'm sure they'll do it BUT they'll also do it respectfully.

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    they say that about us all the time, the reasons just rotate. First it was that we sucked, then that we were bandwagoners then that we were whiners, then that we deny people the chance to see the best match ups then that we are mediocre and aren't loyal.

take your pick, over the last 20 years we've been called everything with little to no basis behind it. This is no different.

Frankly if I really wanted to get into it i'd say it was sick that some people choose to ignore all the work one man has done to building up this franchise all because one star player has had a ridiculously poor attitude over the last three years, has been injured in two straight playoffs and has whined about it, his coach and the fans non stop for two straight years.

Furthermore every person here calling for AJ's head for this 'supposed slight' was drinking the AJ koolaid a few months ago and still calling him the best GM on the planet. The difference is the whining of one player and his notoriously ******* agent

9. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    If you say so. I dont think that AJ's comments were that bad. If LT's feelings are hurt by them then he needs a thicker skin IMO.

10. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I had no problem with that, because I knew they were full of it. Now, there's reason

AJ is a great GM. The problem is when he tries to be more than a GM.

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Who knows what LT's reaction was. He's doing the right thing and keeping his mouth shut about that.

Regardless... it was completely uncalled for!!!! :icon_evil:

12. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Remember like a week ago when I said that our fan base has always left a lot to be desired...

Ready to agree yet? :icon_shrug: :lol:

13. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    All I see is everyone throwing AJ under the bus. :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    LT is being a biatch and AJ is being an azzhole...

what's new? :icon_huh:

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Not I McFly! :no:

16. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't remember that but you have a point.

17. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    self inflicted

18. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96
    We have no idea what AJ is thinking of doing, and AJ may not either. I do think AJ has treated LT the same as he has any of the other players. AJ is just a consistant hard *** who will do what he thinks needs to be done for the team. LT's fate is in who's hands? LT? Tom Condon? AJ Smith? Dean Spanos? All this will play out. I just think us Chargers fans may have a little too much free time at this point of the year.(including me)

And we all know what happens when you have too much free time? You get into trouble!

All this talk is fun but we just have to wait for this to play out.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

Points taken but there is no denying that it's getting ugly and AJ is to blame.

20. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Where is it that AJ said he's getting rid of LT? I have not seen or heard such a thing. This same crap was floating around about Merriman also and I believe is was Acee that started that one.

At the end of 07, the press hammered LT for his knee injury and how much of a puss he was. Now they all love him. Funny how things change.

• Like Like x 1
  21. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    Where did anybody say that? There is reason for speculation and AJ increased it. Of course, one can argue that he wasn't mocking LT. If that's the case, then AJ's choice of words were very poor.

22. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    You should preface it then before you spout off as if it's fact. The only facts I've seen you post are your own and unsubstantiated.

23. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,805
    They've always looked at us that way - so that's nothing new. Until we win a championship [or multiple], until we're a staple in the post-season, the San Diego Chargers and their fans will be judged by their failures.

Our franchise is not self-destructing, no need to go off the deep end here.

It just makes me sick to my stomach listening to other fans call into radio stations, post on boards around the web and those I know in person bashing LT like he's a cancer. It blows my freaking mind how quickly some can turn on those they once loved so much. I wonder how any of us would handle the type of scrutiny he faces everyday. I'm not sure anyone could satisfy such lofty expectations.

24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,886
    My only beef with LT is he should keep it under his hat. The whining needs to stop, he is a pro and has earned some heavy bank. Put up or shut up.

25. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    He did nothing wrong. He didn't say anything hurtful towards the Chargers. He's allowed to talk.

With that senerio, shouldn't AJ shut up?

26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    A GM has ONE GODDAMN JOB, to acquire and release players to ensure that the team is the best it can be. That is what AJ is doing, yet the result on one player is such that you ignore everything he's done and want to fire him. No player is above the GM and no GM can do anything without the permission of the Owner. Yet don't let that get in the way of a good 2-minute-hate session

• Like Like x 1
  27. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I know all of this. We will see if AJ will attempt to restructure as well as if LT is willing to negociate.

If releasing LT is in best interest of the team, they why not do it respectfully. I don't think that's being unreasonable.

28. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +683
    Yeah, that sums it up for me.

Post on his site "Me being traded is completely out of my hands. I have ABSOLUTELY no control in that decision making. All I can do is wait and see how it all plays out. As for now, I am a Charger and will be until I am told otherwise... ".

Where did he get the idea he was going to be traded? Mediots running their speculation pieholes?

Did he asked umm...Norv, AJ, Spanos?

Or is LT still pissed his boy Brees and mentor Marty got the boot? :icon_shrug:

I love what LT has done for the chargers, I just am not impressed with his attitude lately. He seems all freaking moody like it has been "that time of the month" for whole year.

29. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I've had about enough of the camera shots of LT staying warm on the sidelines during the postseason.

Do what you gotta do AJ. :bolt:

30. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542

What's wrong with that? People were asking and he answered.
    Not to mention, he's right. He didn't say that he was under any speculation of being traded. He just stated it as it is.

Why is it that AJ had no problem letting the world know that his puppet, Norv has job security but couldn't say anything regarding LT?