1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This is Philip Rivers' team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by nickelbolt, Jul 7, 2010.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    All contract dispute BS aside... this team will win because Philip Rivers is at the helm. He won as a first year starter with average wideouts.

He's the toughest QB in the league and everyone will fall in line accordingly.

Anyone who doesn't will be left behind.

:bolt:

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    Have you informed Rip yet? :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

3. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Rip can go suck Chuck up in Seattle. :yes:

4. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    wow for someone who was all poopy pants about the upcoming season you're sure gett'in that rah rah spirit now arencha!

5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Yeah. I'm over it.

6. Harley

Harley BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +82
    see what a 1/2 gallon of Crown can do??

7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    :lol: Yep. That was nice. thanks.

What's brought about my upturn is all these whiny biitches calling in to Sirius NFL Radio. People crying about "what do we do??"

It's just old now. We've got Rivers. That's enough for me.

And if Rivera can get this defense into the top 10 we'll be a 12 win team for sure.

So let's roll.

8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Back when the Bolt's traded for Philip I told y'all that the dude just win's. He may not be the flashiest guy in the league and he isn't well liked outside of Dego, but he get's the job done.

He's done it from day one starting, Marty held him back a bit but he got the job done. Norv can sense the talent in him and will unleash it when necessary. Philip as we all know is a no nonsense dude, Mr. Sapp can tell you all about it. I'm sure Tomlinson felt the sting also, but as we all know, he's to classy to make light of it.

As long as Philip is standing we have a chance to win any game and that is something that hasn't been true for many years. Enjoy it while you can, the drought in between is a long time.

9. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    Rivers f*ckin rules. :bolt:

10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +542
    At this moment I don't plan on divulging my mancrush on P.R. unlike those who've posted before me. I would like to be on record saying that Rivers doesn't crumble under pressure, in fact it seems like he welcomes it in contrast to those others who get all shaky-kneed (you know who you are).

Okay, maybe I am divulging a bit of a mancrush on P.R. but isnt' that what this thread is about?

P.R.=win.

I just hope he stays with the team long enough for the equation to be something like P.R.+ Chargers = Superbowl win.

p.s. Not since Fouts have I had the feeling like we were always in the game with a very good chance at getting the "W". So, yeah few and far between. The season isn't getting here fast enough.

11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    There IS no other formula for success for this franchise in the immediate future.

12. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Rivers is to SD as Manning is to Indy as Brady is to NE.

PR is elite. As long as he is @ the helm I am 100% confident in the Bolts ability to win any game they play.

13. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Word! :tup:
    [​IMG]
    Bombs Away!

14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    17 :bolt:

15. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    Your math is wayyyy off. :lol:

P.R. - #1WR - OT + Buster + Wide Right = :icon_rofl:

16. 17Rocks

17Rocks Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +135
    This has been his team for a while but now that Tomlinson is gone all confusion and doubt about who the team's leader is should be wiped out. I think that will be the difference that puts this team over the top. I want VJ to play, don't get me wrong, but his absence will not be as cataclysmic as some people believe. MM being gone will have more impact but, still, its not the end of the world. Merriman is focused on impressing his way into a big contract so that bodes well for the D but the best news for the team is that it is now perfectly clear who is leading this team. No more worrying that the "future hall of fame running back" is getting his respect. The focus is now completely on obtaining a Lombardi.

17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    LT is a daddy now. He can lead that team. :yes:

18. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
  19. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I tend to agree.... although, I think we will definitely miss VJ. I feel that Floyd and Buster Davis are going to have career years. If Davis can stay healthy. It may be a good thing in a way.... the team could be more focused and determined to play at an individually higher level to compensate. I'm sure the team doesn't want to throw this year away because of two selfish jerks.

And Merriman will hopefully return to form. If it takes two years, as everyone says, to return from that type of injury, then he's on target to do that this year..... plus his contract looming is incentive to lay it all out there.

Maybe there could even be a big factor in not wanting the Jets to win the whole thing..... with LT and Cro over there, that would sort of hurt more than the 'feel good' they would have for former team mates.

I know we say this every season, but there will definitely be some added incentives and motivation to play for.

20. Ray Dahayder

Ray Dahayder BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33
    I'm not sure if anyone else feels this way, but I think that LT never really felt comfortable or filled that role as 'team leader' very well. Rivers does. He's more animated and you need that. I also think that the last two years, LT may have been more of a cause of distraction in the locker room than anyone wants to let on.

21. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    yeah, LT wasnt really a vocal leader, he was a good role model, but not so much a leader. too quiet. rivers steps it up on the field and is a firecracker

22. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    He's doing the math as we speak.

Attached Files:

23. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I'm bumpin' this and you really should consider merging all Rivers-related hype stuff into it for future use.

Now bow down and proclaim your man(or woman)Love for THE MAN who will be KING!!