1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This is remarkable.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BlueandGold, Jan 15, 2008.

1. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    I've never seen so much obviously biased vitriol pour out of a supposedly "unbiased" media - and with unexpected relish.

I mean, people are just piling on. Check out some of the articles in the EMBRACE THE HATE thread. It's simply juvenile how some of these writers are acting right now. And it's not just the Boston media, who we all expect to be self-righteous bandwagon douchebags - it's nearly everybody but our little Navy town.

Now, picking against the Chargers - not much of a surprise. I mean, we're at Foxboro, we're banged up, they're undefeated, etc. But it's more than that. It seems, really, to be case of Pat nut-huggery and a childish tantrum against a team the wasn't "supposed" to win last Sunday. Whatever that means. They are laying down ALL the pot shots - Norv's a loser, Rivers is immature, and on and on and on.

I always kind of pooh-poohed the "East Coast Media Bias" thing. But I don't think this leaves any doubt whatsoever. ESPN has their lips wrapped around the Patriot tube-steak, and the rest of the national media is in line warming up their kneepads.

It's simply amazing. I've never seen anything like it - and I'm loving every minute of it :abq2:

EMBRACE THE HATE!!!

2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +63
    My favorites ones are the ones about how fans are already booking $2000 non-refundable flights to Arizona.

If we win, I want to remember and savor every last one of those...

3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,930
    Savor the hate and savor their tears

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    They just all want to be the one to say "SEE?!?! I WAS RIGHT!!!"

How many did you see say "OOPS! I WAS COMPLETELY RETARDED WITH MY PICK LAST WEEK!"

None.

DEATH TO THE MEDIOTS. EMBRACE THE HATE.

5. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    EMBRACE THE HATE!!!

6. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    This is why I've been doing my best to ignore the media ever since the postseason began. I'm happy and proud to be a Chargers fan. Keep in mind the media was all over our nuts last year when we went 14-2. Again ignoring all of it has made my work weeks much easier and I believe I'm enjoying all of this that much more. I'm taking a taxi to San Fran on sunday, getting fuced up and will thoroughly enjoy myself. :yes:

Go Chargers!! :abq1::bolt::abq2:

7. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Mediots are the biggest bandwagon jumping group of summab1tches ever and nothing warms my heart more than to watch them sink with the ship.

8. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +689
    well, not to throw a wet towel on the hate party, but Brian Baldinger was on the Tony Bruno show giving props to the Chargers and pointed out how we took apart the Colts D and harassed Peyton. Gave huge props to our OL.

He was talking us up vs the Pats and how we match up better than Jax did or the Colts would have if they were going to NE.

So there is 1 who didn't buy a pair of kneepads.

9. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133
    I don't know why anyone would expect them to be unbiased on anything in the first place. All these ***** are paid to write or read some opinion that they've formed based entirely on what they think will generate the highest ratings. They can sit there and say anything they want. ESPN makes no claim to be some sort of neutral unbiased news company. They're not and to think they are is silly. A bunch of articles written by a bunch of scrubs who have to turn something new in their column every other day is just lame gibberish. I don't read it. I don't know why anybody else would either.