1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This IS the next LaDanian Tomlinson!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Aug 17, 2008.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    LeSean McCoy (Pitt)
    5'11, 210lbs
    Sophomore
    Freshman All American - (Scout.com Bio)

I couldn't find many highlights on youtube, but Rivals.com has a handfull you have to pay for to watch. Just watch this runnin fool! Is he not the spitting image of a young LT?

Some of you might say he's just like Reggie Bush, but he actually has a good 15-20lbs on Reggie, and he's only a sophomore in college so he's got some growing to do.

2. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The other vids are better and longer, but Rivals.com doesnt allow me to post them.

3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +264
    Wow, very impressive. Does remind me of LT a little. But many college RB's can shred defenses at that level. Question is, can he do it for 2 to 3 seasons at the college level and can he run like that against a Jamal Williams, Merriman and a Cromartie? If he can do that, NOW you have something special. He sure looks impressive though esp. as a freshman. We'll have to monitor his career.

4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    Does have an LT running style nad definatly has potential. It changes in the nfl soo.. i don't know, good find though:tup:

5. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +205
    I only watched the first run, and yes he eerily resembles LT.

6. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The "experts" have already compared him to the next Barry Sanders. The problem with that is his about 3 inches taller and 20lbs heavier, and still hasn't lost a step. He's only 20yrs old, he's got plenty more room to grow as a player too. Definant Heisman hopefull for the next 2-3yrs.

This is just me always on the lookout for the next LT, and when AJ will make a move to aquire the heir to the throne.

7. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152
    This is my favorite player in college football

I love this guy and was even sporting a shady mccoy sig for a while earlier in the offseason, and wish we could find a way to get him

8. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +636
    Well, since LT probably will play 3-4 more seasons the Chargers should be looking for the heir apparent in maybe 2 years, maybe it will be good timing :icon_shrug:

9. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Well he's a sophomore now, so in 2yrs he could be coming out, good timing.

10. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Not if Pitt does anything, which you know they will. Then he will be on everyone's list because Pitt is a power running team. The kid will be utilized often in their scheme and get plenty of recognition by the time he gets out in 2 yrs...

11. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    So?
    In the interest of replacing LT, if this guy is the real deal AJ should go after him.

12. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Oh yes...A.J. should go after him but Pitt will do a ton of damage with this guy taking a lot of the credit and then his name will be on every scout's list and a whole bunch of teams will be gunning for him in the draft. I'm just saying it will be hard to acquire him.

13. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    YUP!!
    I would love it if AJ makes an Eric Weddle type trade up to get a stud RB like McCoy or Knowshon Moreno or know AJs love of LSU players Keiland Williams

14. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Yeah I know, its going to cost us an arm and a leg considering we'll probably be in the 27-32 range of the draft.

I think AJ could also consider trading a superstar that proves to be impossible to re-sign, as much as I hate to say it, Shawne Merriman seems like a "me first" money oriented player, and he could become expendable in a couple years if AJ chooses not to tag him.

15. RipTheJacker

Ratings:
    +152
    Of all our (star) players, i would say that Cro is most likely to be a money oriented player. I mean he already fired his agent and signed a new one because......
    To me, that says that this guy is going after the money and wants to become the highest paid defensive back in the NFL if not defensive player

And lets not forget, hes being trained by Deion Sanders, a guy who always followed the money

16. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Absolutely! I always see Cro as the kind of player who would pull a Steven Jackson style holdout, but for more money. He will not end his career as a Charger. But we better get something for him. If the end is near, he's never to become a free agent.

17. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, I think it's time to start looking for the heir apparent.

18. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    AJ porbably knows who he's going to draft five years from now, unlike al davis, people have to tell him that the draft is tommorow so he can start looking at the choices, cough*darren mcfadden*cough :lol:

19. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    The thing is Merriman is a Maryland guy, he's a fan of the Washington Redskins and that deuchbag Dan Snyder.

Snyder will offer him the world to come back to DC, and AJ Smith wont offer the world to keep him. Where as AJ is already in negotiations with Cromartie's agent for a LOOOONG term deal before he becomes a 100mil CB.

20. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    By the time this guys is ready for the draft, AJ will certainly have to trade up for him, but there are other guys who will also emerge by then. It's way too early for talk about McCoy and our future drafts. We have two or maybe even three more drafts before he appears, unless he comes out early. If I know AJ, he probably has more than one guy in his sights already.

21. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    He'll come out early. It's clear that if the NCAA doesn't step in every DB, QB, RB, and LB will leave their junior year. He is no way flying under the radar! He's the next Darren McFadden, not Jacob Hester. Everyone is talking about how he'll be #1 in the league. We're gonna need a top-three pick to get him. That is, of course, if we still want him.

22. matilack

Ratings:
    +3,556
    Didnt need a top 3 pick for Peterson, maybe he falls too.

Either way I say we trade up, maybe use one of those guys who's going to prove impossible to re-sign.