1. Welcome to Los Angeles Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the Los Angeles Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This should make the spanni's eyes light up - Panthers have a buyer - 2.2B

Discussion in 'American Football' started by wrbanwal, May 15, 2018.

1. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,273
  2. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +822
    A fool and his money. In 10 years, NFL teams will not likely be worth as much as they are today. The sport is too dangerous and too boring to keep up its current popularity among younger generations.

Anybody holding 11 billion dollars is a jackass anyway.

I am not sure how this shows Spanos irrelevancy or insignificance. He was relevant enough to end my Chargers fanaticism.

3. Concudan

Concudan Still Chargin Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +5,653
    Great googly moogly... what was once lost now is found...
    [​IMG]

4. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,273
    I am like a pebble on the beach - a grain of sand on the seashore or just one of many crappy sports team owners, present and future. No, I am not a unique human when it comes to being a poor measly owner by comparison to my rich brothers who want nothing to do with me

regards

FUDEAN

Last edited: May 15, 2018
  5. Gill Man

Gill Man Inaugural San Diego Charger Fan Since 1962 FUDEAN Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,094
    Notice he is currently minority owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Joseph Tsai was attempting to become a minority owner of the Panthers. Perhaps the San Diego resident is attempting to position himself as a minority owner somewhere to do something similar to Tepper one day. Remember, SD is it's own market and has a PSL potential equivalency of Baltimore. Someone is gonna want in. Now with the gambling news, owners will reap even MORE potential revenue share so owners will not just look at PSL's and gate attendance and tv ratings in a medium market as attractions, but now the gambling levels the playing field. SD is a market that also captures Mexico which potentially would be a huge international market......and one day the NFL will expand there.

I don't like what the NFL is becoming. But the floodgates have opened now......us purists have pretty much seen the very best of American pro football when we got to watch the game from the 60's thru the 80's. That's gone. Never to return because of technology/media/demographics. Might as well join em if ya can't beat em. I still think SD has a team and willing owner again. Add the huge development potential of MV to the above, or downtown even, and some owner like Joseph Tsai is gonna swoop in for the gains. Ideally Spanos will continue to be viewed as an undesirable by the public and by inference his team as well.......so maybe he sells to a guy like Tsai. It would have to be an economic failure in LA and forced economically, 'cause he'll never go out willingly and wants his sons to inherit the same toy he inherited.....but that's looking less and less plausible now that the gambling thing has been made legal. He can just be a deadbeat renting owner and continue on in the same fashion he always has and let his sons have their playtoy and act all important and relevant.

6. Faded Blues

Faded Blues BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +32
    2.2 is not as high as they hoped I bet.

The rockets sold for 2.2 billion.

7. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan View from the King's balcony!

Ratings:
    +336
    I too feel the NFL has peaked, just like MLB before it, it's heading down the down slope. Lack of loyalty to fan bases, CTE, too many injuries sidelining stars, exorbitant costs to attend games approaching a culture freeze out of critical parts of the fan base. Trumpism and kneeling will blow over, these issues won't nor will the rise of soccer which resonates with a changing American demographic.

I'd place a sell on an NFL team right now, not a buy.

8. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +264
    Well the title of this thread seems right. Their eyes lit ($$$) up I'm sure. Don't know how it makes them irrelevant though considering a team in LA, no matter how unpopular they are, is gonna be more valuable than one in Charlotte, NC.

9. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +860
    They wanted $2.6 billion. Tepper didn't want that. I've been here before.
    ————————-

Experts say it’s unlikely a new owner would buy the team with the intent of moving it. After all, the Charlotte metro area is now the nation’s 22nd largest, and Charlotte was the 11th fastest-growing city in the nation in 2015-16, based on population growth. The city also has supported the team well through ticket sales.

But in the last two years, St. Louis (20th largest metro area) and San Diego (17th largest metro area) both lost NFL teams to Los Angeles over stadium fights.

Under the hard tether agreement, the city could seek an injunction in Mecklenburg Superior Court if the team attempted to leave early. But after the 2018 season, the team would have to pay only a small financial penalty.

If the team leaves after June 2019, the contract says the city would have the option of buying the stadium for $1 or the Panthers would pay the city the remaining debt payment on the city’s $75 million investment.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article190431199.html#storylink=cpy

10. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,273
    I don't know, I think if someone the spanni 2

the buyer is worth 11 billion without the panthers

the spanni are worth 2 including the carson chrgrs

11. LABoltFan

LABoltFan Bunker Transplant

Ratings:
    +264
    Im not sure what you mean, but the buyer is worth 11 billion INCLUDING the Panthers since he's spending 2.2B of that 11 on the Panthers.

I don't know Dean's net worth but I'd probably put the Chargers around 2.5B minimum basing it on the Panthers sale.

12. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,653
    BoltTalk Daily dribble...

Hey look the price of gas has gone up another 15 cents a gallon..

F*ck you Spanos! More proof you are a worthless piece of sh!t!!!

Not everything needs to be made into some STUPID commentary on the Chargers and or Spanos. Try and have a little self respect.

13. Old School SD Fan

Old School SD Fan View from the King's balcony!

Ratings:
    +336
    Welcome to today's America. The 1% get richer, and the rest of us? Well, they have us bent over.

14. wrbanwal

Ratings:
    +1,273

lol. Getting enough fiber in your diet old man?

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,653
    Well you certainly are, with all this poop your flinging about... LOL...

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +860

Poop flinging is what our species is good at. El Presidente par Excellence example.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Harryo the K

Ratings:
    +860
    Trouble for Deano, they won't let him leave until they see if he can help pay for that massive debt stadium.

If his team is weak in the revenue end, the League and Kroenke will get more 'creative' and the League will
    Schedule annual visits for the Dolts to London and Mexico.

Everything at that Stadium is going to be Tiffany priced. Cash hungry 'fan friendly' atmosphere. I think the League will tack on an 'interactive' fee on each game day ticket to insure they get their slice of the gambling dollars. Yep, your $215.00 dollar Dolt ticket is now $217.50.

18. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +822
    The game started going downhill for me when video screens were put into stadiums and highlight shows and actual color commentators were replaced with hype machines. Saying Tom Brady's name 30 times per game and John Madden salivating over Brett Favre or Joe Montana were huge turnoffs.

However, I am not the target audience for television and streaming. Kids today don't want to watch a three-hour game with only a couple minutes of action.

19. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +822
    Huh? There is nothing I wrote here that is inconsistent with my other posts. I never said Spanos was irrelevant. If he were irrelevant, I wouldn't be talking about him. The man chased me away from the NFL. He is a relevant jackass.

I am irrelevant. All my years as a San Diego Chargers fan meant dick. But I would rather be irrelevant than continue to support that jackass or his stupid business.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +547
    No kidding.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. Chaincrusher

Chaincrusher BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +547
    What I have read suggests that some seating will be fairly expensive ($400 face value seats), but that a lot of it will be very cheap ($50 range per ticket). The PSLs are likely to be all over the place as well with the best of them in the range of $175K (no, thank you and never) to much, much less (I did not see how much less).

22. AnteaterRaider

AnteaterRaider Carpe Diem et omni Mundio Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +3,050
    Just replace "Spanos" with "California Government" and you have a pretty normal diatribe from me

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Concudan

Ratings:
    +5,653
    I was just tickled that you pointed out there was no correlation between the article and the Spani...

24. Quetzalcoatl

Quetzalcoatl BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +822
    I am glad I made your day. If the article's headline had just been a picture of a crab-infested pubic hair alongside a poop emoji, I would have immediately made the correlation with the Spanoses. I hope that helps.

• Funny Funny x 3