1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This team sucks

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by sdfan760, Sep 9, 2014.

1. sdfan760

sdfan760 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    at least were finding out now this team is nothing but a choke and I'm not going to waste a dime on this pathetic football team 100 dollar tickets for a team thats only been to 1 superbowl and has done nothing since forget that. spanos please just get the f out of our city so you can stop whining about not selling out and you can broadcast your games for us.

if you cant beat the F'ING Cardinals theres no way your beating the Seahawks next week

Get ready for 0-2

2. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2,151
    Welcome, 760...
    with your unique blend of levelheadedness, courtesy, insight and linguistic expression
    you are certain to impress here. Cheers.

• Funny x 5
    • Like x 4
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  3. sdfan760

sdfan760 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't get me wrong im still a fan and will always be but its really frustrating watching this team. ya they did go to the playoffs last year but you guys know they didn't really deserve it being 9-7. they got lucky last year but the ownership is trying to tell us this team is way better and we need to go see them which is total bs. they havnt been any good since they fired marty. Since they want a new stadium so badly they can show the city that they care about winning and they could bring in some big name free agents to help them get to a super bowl but there cheap and don't feel like spending the money. Sorry Dwight Freeney is not a big signing. He is old and should of retired when lt did. If they don't want to put a better product on the field I can tell you I'm not giving them my money or will not support the idea of spending our tax dollars on a new stadium for a losing team. Padres didn't deserve same with the chargers.

Spanos go screw yourself

Last edited: Sep 9, 2014
  4. tito

tito BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +133
    Yeah, he looks like a real gem.

5. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    We lost the opener last year and we made the playoffs

• Like Like x 2
  6. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Did our Offense look out of sync, yes. Did our coaches not make the proper adjustments at half time, yes. Did I loose my mind when Freeny whiffed on two consecutive sack oppurtunities, HELL YES! All of this is fixable and should not overshadow the fact that we have some players on this squad. I wouldn't be surprised if we come out Sunday and smoke Seattle!

• Like Like x 2
  7. sdfan760

sdfan760 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    lol that wont happen.
    team isnt good enough

they went to play offs last year doesnt change the fact they were 9-7

i think its time for a new center
    hardwick is a good blocker but he is hurt all the time and you can't depend on him

8. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64
    Dude, find another team. The Charger faithful don't need your pessimism!

• Like Like x 2
  9. sdfan760

sdfan760 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0
    im just be fuccking honest team sucks sorry. Ive seen this last year. get big leads and blow them. chargers are just know as the san diego super chokers

• Disagree Disagree x 5
  10. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +96
    We played our D game (would be an F game if it were not for our rookies playing with fervor and something we did not see a lot of last season, defensive turnovers) and still almost beat a team that is a legitimate playoff contender.

Losing last night was difficult because we shot ourselves in the foot, but in the long run, I believe it to be a reason for optimism.

If we get our doors blown off by Seattle and show no signs of contending, I will have little to no optimism left. But in the first quarter of the season, you just want to see that the team has the talent to succeed in the coming weeks.

11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings:
    +410
    I would not want to guess where one's qualification to preach about the needs of the Charger faithful begin, but obviously with 85 posts you have somehow crossed that threshold. :D

Maybe what the Charger faithful need is renewed patience... (and a new stadium wouldn't hurt either). It is going to take time for our old sage gunslinger of a quarterback to become proficient in an offensive scheme that does not cater to his strengths. Instead of having a HC in his ear directing the plan to get someone open down field, he's fumbling around the LOS figuring out who is going to block who so he has enough time to execute a three yard dump pass with five guys in his face.

But thankfully that is only our D game. Charger faithful not being a pessimistic lot are not worried about preparing for the Fs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    I agree it takes time not seconds

13. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    I am a realist, but I do not believe that this should be synonymous with pessimism. Positives and negatives should be noted together, and what I saw last night was a large batch of small, fixable problems (assuming Hardwick's injury is not serious). We learned that our two top draft picks can play. We learned that Flowers was likely an excellent signing. We saw T'eo play a far more polished game.

We learned that the team has a lot of talent at multiple positions. That is important for both now and the long-haul.

The negatives? We saw receivers who are known for sure hands drop footballs (especially Gates), something that should not be a trend this season. We saw Troutman have a horrible game, but it was against an excellent D-line. Should this continue, we spent our R3 pick on a potential answer. The OC is new and Rivers was micromanaging in an environment where he shouldn't have...they will learn how to properly run the system using this opening away game as an experience. Rivers showed us last season that he has the ability to learn a new system, so I have confidence in his ability to tweak this one with someone who he worked with as a QB coach.

As I said, if I see the talent get overmatched next week, I will have little faith in the team's ability to make a run this season, but last night did not exactly kill my optimism on this behalf.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    This thread sucks.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  15. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    You forgot to add <spit>

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    We made proper adjustments at half. We kept Arizona scoreless and scored 14 unanswered points until about midway in the 4th. We did not FINISH plays. Gilchrist & Weddle should of had picks. Freeney should of had 2 sacks on consecutive plays as you mentioned. We did not establish a run game because our OL was soft serve ice cream soft.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Dead account

Ratings:
    +1,028
    Sandy made me put that part in stealth mode...

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Let's assume you are right and we end up 0-2.....so? I'd prefer 1-1 but at the same time it's not like we are dead in the water and guaranteed not to make the playoffs. Especially when we have easier teams (buffalo, jacksonville, KC, Raiders, Miami) after that. We end up 5-2 we are in pretty good position. Besides it was ONE game.

19. Blitzy

Blitzy Spanos Chargers Troll

Ratings:
    +1,024
    No one can make you do anything you don't wanna (with the exception of the Big Boss!) ;)

Otherwise you've earned a Carte Blanche so go ahead and <spit> as much as they deserve it :D

20. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    I wouldn't consider Miami to be an easy team. Are they elite? No. But they aren't just a team we are going to roll.

21. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Agree, Herr Sandolf.

Though I doubt the OP understands what "patience" means.

23. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 Winners Win

Ratings:
    +942
    People tend to forget, yes the Carson Palmer-led Cardinals were 11-5 last year. This team wasn't/isn't soft. So it's not like we lost to a bad team. We just made a good team look pretty bad all night and couldn't beat them.

Plenty of errors all game. Literally here's a list.
    • Melvin Ingram missed sack
    • Dwight Freeney missed sack
    • Dwight Freeney missed sack, again on consecutive plays
    • Eric Weddle dropped INT
    • Marcus Gilchrist dropped INT
    • Philip Rivers muffed snap, which would of lead to a FG had it been an incompletion/no gain.
    Simply did not finish.

24. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    This almost sounds familiar...

25. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    yup

26. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Yeah they suck but not as bad as some fans do.

• Winner Winner x 1
  27. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Some people pay top dollar for that service. ;)

28. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    One Coolio? Naw!

• Like Like x 1
  29. IFiredCHart

Ratings:
    +96
    Pretty sure failing to take down Palmer when he should have muffed a snap (and somehow didn't) and instead having Wright commit a senseless PI should be added to the list.

30. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Trolls gonna troll.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1