1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

THIS Team

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by TBF, Oct 13, 2008.

1. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Last night as I sat in Qualcomm next to some stupid drunk, young Pats fans I saw our team make a showing on National TV. The entire NFL saw a different Charger team. I'm not sure if it was matchup based, a different attitude or simply we are that much better than the Pats, but, the Chargers looked legit last night.

We owned and dictated the line of scrimmage the entire game. Things you may not have been able to see via TV were Chargers laying people out all over the damn place away from the ball. I mean everybody on the field played through the whistle. Special Teams minus the missed kick and flubbed punt were on fire last night. Those boys were flying around big time. Rivers left the field with a clean uniform and the communication amongts the DB's was awesome pre snap.

I'm not sold on the product just yet as we have to show a few games in a row of consistancy but ....

THIS Team that played last night was SOLID. Nobody in the NFL team wants to play THIS team, the one that played last night, the one that owned all phases of the game.

The problem is.... Will THIS Team show up for the remainder of the season, or will the team that lost to Miami show it's ugly head.

A strong step forward but, was that step made with authority? Only time will tell.

On another note... On the series after Hester fumbled, we ran Tolbert on first down. On second down, I was sure Norv would give Hester another chance. As the team broke the second down huddle, Rivers gave Hester a nice pat on the butt, it looked as if Rivers was telling him "get it done"...

Well, we ran Tolbert again. I guess that pat on the butt from Rivers was a "sorry kid" pat on the butt.

BTW... I put 200k bolt bucks on the Bolts. Someone needs to pay a brutha....

2. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    If the team can keep up the physicallity the sky's the limit. We may even end up having a run game we can rely upon.

The only other problem is our red zone offense. If we can't convert touchdowns we could have one of those games where we beat the hell out of the opponent on the field but end up losing the game. We need to establish a run game if we want to get in the endzone more often. Without it the D knows what to expect when we're inside the 30.

3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    It was the team we expected to see from the very beginning.

Hope they stick around.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    if they do then we could see a super bowl berth, if they keep playing down to opponents then we are screwed.

5. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    I think our gameplan dictated what we saw. ATTACK from the start. That type of attitude infected the whole team all night.

6. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Exactly. We threw the ball deep one time in Miami. Vincent Jackson was wide open and Rivers missed him. Last night we threw it deep repeatedly. This is what we need to continue to do. The Pats were sticking 8-9 men in the box on every play and jamming our receivers at the line. This is the kind of aggressive playcalling we need to overcome that defensive look. People may want to ***** about the running game last night, but the Pats sold out to stop the run at the expense of everything else.

The attack mentality showed up all over the field. That was by far the most physical game we have played this year. The defense was very aggressive. If this is the team that shows up for the next two weeks, we should head into our bye 5-3.

7. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

I want this TEAM hardly See us in London

8. BoltsFanUK

BoltsFanUK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +848
    This is the Team that i want to see for the rest of the season

Especially in London:D

9. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    only thing i can say is that we need to establish a running game also, im not gunna be too picky about it because we KILLED em through the air; our o line needs to tear open those gaps for LT, even sproles had some difficulty busting big runs last night. but a wins a win, if they have to drop back to respect the pass, we'll have a hell of a lot easier time running the ball. my take on the chargers, i say we were at 90-95% last night, its just the running game that needs to be incorporated more into the mix.

nonetheless, im very proud of my team; GO BOLTS! :bolt:

10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    this game was won in the trenches. Both lines stepepd it up big time. PR had time & Jamal was his old self. Nearly everyone was fired up, focused, & ready to knock the **** out of anything wearing a Pats uni. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Keep it up & we'll start to regain some respect. :tup:

11. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +192
    It was nice to see LT talking to Hester after his fumble, I'm sure to tell him to keep his spirits up. Young guys can let stuff like that affect them, especially when you're talking about someone like Hester who never fumbled in college. He's playing a bigger role in special teams now, so he can't let that fumble affect his play.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Most of the time the OLine did just that. They need to nut up more in the red zone, though. This could have been 42-10.

13. TBF

TBF BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +148
    Red Zone used to be our money zone....