1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This was a monster victory!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by LT-Express, Sep 28, 2008.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +434
    This was a monster win for us!! I know some say well we were supposed to win. Fact is on a day when the Broncos lose on the road to the Chiefs, we go on the road and take care of buisness in a game where we mailed in our first half performance. This cut our defecit to 1 game in the West and shows us that our team is full of heart.

This team has that "it" factor, and has shown the last two weeks. Backs against the wall and we come through. We have alot of things still to correct but this team is showing signs of greatness.

• Like Like x 2
  2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49
    phil simms was so biased during the game. yea, sure jamarcus threw a ball 70+ yards in the air off his back foot when it was actually 60 yards max, shown on tape. on every oakland penalty on defense he would say some really ignorant crap. this guy needs to be gone i for one am tired of his biased a**.
    ban phil simms from commentary make him clean up the streets.

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408
    This was a good day for us in the AFCW. Glad the Chiefs showed what Denver is really made of. Cutler is never going to be anything but an undependable blowhard with no leadership skills.

While I celebrate our win, it bothers me that the Raiders played us this tough. We're getting healthy - now we have to gel. Greatness is a stretch at this point, IMO. But we're headed in the right direction.

I just wish we'd quit playing these cardiac games. My old ticker can't handle but so much. :unsure:

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Yeah, to be down like we were and to come from behind for the victory, it's always a big win,I don't care who the opponent is.

5. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    QFT :icon_toast:

6. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I much prefer grousing about what the team can do better following an ugly win like this than shaking my head about the team getting punked in Oakland.

This also guarantees that I will not receive a visit from the office Raider fan troll until at least December...and probably not then either. :lol:

Go Chargers!

:flag:

7. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    i do agree, props to you. i think we definitely have room to grow, BUT you have to remember its only september, and we closed 2-2 in september. SO, with that said, its a very long long long road to january; AND when we win our SB, we will have one hell of a story and NFL Films doc :tup: :abq2:

go bolts! :bolt:

8. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If ted would get our defense working right this would have been a ho hum game charger win.

Someone go down there and tell ted he's got to start messing up opposing reciever routes by hitting them on the line of scrimmage. And changing up what our front d-7 set is. Opposing offenses are chewing us up still. Its pizzing me off.:yes:

9. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    C'mon foobs, did you watch the game?

"Hitting them on the line of scrimmage" is how Cro got two Defensive Holding penalties :icon_shrug: :icon_tease:

In all honesty and seriousness, Cottrell has been doing what you guys wanted him to, for longer than you think. He's been blitzing - a lot. He's been playing close man coverage with bump-and-run. He's been aggressive and complex with his rush schemes. It's all there if you watch the film.

The main problem with this defense is the lack of athleticism and speed at the inside 'backers, with the primary exception of Dobbins. It's execution of the scheme by players who just may not be up to it, not a problem with the scheme itself.

Once Cooper gets back, we'll get a LOT better... mark my words.

10. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280

you deserve a high five :yes:

11. mandude

mandude BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +59
    I think we are still 3 games away from our prime. I don't think Hardwick was at 100%, and it's going to take Cooper time to get back into the swing of things. But 3 weeks from now, barring any major injuries, we should be at full tilt.

12. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    If Cro had been hitting them at the line of scrimmage there would have been no flags. He was running contact past the five yard mark. You have to make that jam at the LOS enough to just disrupt the timing, not stuff the guy. Slow him up and then stay with him.

13. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    We have two weeks the get the kinks out, without looking past Miami. New England, a far tougher than expect Buffalo and then Drew Brees in London are ahead of us. Hardwick showed some rust, but it appears Jamal is finally rounding into shape. We cannot keep putting ourselves into holes and count on digging ourselves out like this all season long. All phases of the game are not on the same page at the initial kick off and that has got to stop.

14. montanabolthead

montanabolthead BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30

Oakland's D should have been no surprise to us. I'm definitely not a Oakland fan, but they have some good players, especially at LB. I'm glad they tested us and we came back and hung another one on them!

I watched the Chefs/Donko's game and it was nice to see the Donko's and Shanarat get their butts handed to them! LJ had a Pro Bowl game as did the rest of the Chefs. As for "the greates defensive backfield, they didn't look average. Dre Bly had Bowe in his grill all day and couldn't hang with him.

Either way, we better not take the Chefs lightly. They may surprise some folks. I think the Donko's will start to tank, but we better make sure when we play them, we put them away before the half and keep running up the scorafter that.

15. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Yeah, a 70-yard incomplete pass. BFD.

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    And a drink!! :icon_toast:

17. BlueandGold

BlueandGold The Oracle

Ratings:
    +219
    Yes, of course, that was how it turned out. But it wasn't Cottrell's scheme that drew those flags - it was Cro's lack of technique and/or discipline.

Which was the point I was trying to make to Foober.

18. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    Nah, most would rather read the negative posts in the gdt, and post more of same.

19. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +210
    And still others don't want to contribute anything of substance at all, positive or negative. :icon_banana:

20. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

:whistling:

[​IMG]

:lol:

21. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +820

Wimp. Just cause you're old doesn't mean you have to just roll over and wait for the end.

22. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

word

23. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195

I agree. Cottrell isn't that bad. We never knew how strict
    the gameplan is. But the second half was great, no leaches
    any more.

24. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    Props to LT. His last run made me 20 grand in Bolt Cash.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    You are right about the positive part at least.

26. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    yes, it was... still on track for 14-2... :yes:

Tucker hadda comin out party until he got hurt... and then Harris did... and we get Coop back... I love our chances...

must keep PR verticle...