1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This weather SUCKS!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chelsea, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703
    Ya'll have to look at this from a SD natives perspective.
    Yesterday....the snow started to fall....it has not stopped falling. It is NOT pretty little snowflakes. It is nasty, heavy, SNOW! My front yard looks like freakin' Alaska on a good day. Why in the hell do people in this God forsaken place shovel the snow when it is still coming down like the reign of God? Talk about redundant! My idiot husband was out there today three times with his SNOW BLOWER machine! Doing what? Blowing the stupid **** in a different direction? Only to be moved again. I don't understand the moving of the snow to begin with. Why in the hell would someone exert the effort to move the snow when it is still snowing? Lord only knows what Gramps is gettin' in MI. My mail box is history. You cannot even see the thing! The only good thing out of this snow storm is that my Lab loves it! He uses his nose as a shovel, rolls around in the nasty stuff...but then Steph has to clean off all of the snow from said retarded dog. My 11 year old, Brendan LOVES the snow too. How many times do I have to dry his friggin coat, snow pants, boots and gloves? The kid wallows in the crap....with the retarded dog. Sorry for the rant...this San Diego girl hates this ****!

• Like Like x 2
  2. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    Sorry girl :icon_eek: I enjoy a light powdery dusting during my occasional outings to Big Bear but that sounds like a white hell. How do people drive to work?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    Hi Kimmie!
    How are ya? Hope all is good with you and yours. I am with ya girl....a light dusting of snow is manageble. This stuff is crazy!
    Drive to work? No way!!! On top of the stupid snow storm the power went out. No lights No nothing! I had about 25 candles going....then...POOF! Lights on! Thank God!:tup::yes::tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shamrock

Shamrock Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,243
    Hi Steph .... Kimmie ....

Weather sucks. It took me 17+ hours to drive from Yakima, WA to Boise, ID on Saturday - and that is less than 400 miles. Chained up and down three times, and the third time I just said "Fucque it" and left the chains on for over 150 miles from Eastern Oregon to the outskirts of Boise. Sucked. Ice was an inch thick in the interstate (I-84) near the ID/OR border.

I took Sunday off, and didn't leave Boise until noon Monday because roads were closed. Heck, the last part of I-84 was closed near the Utah border, so I had to detour 100 miles out of the way to Pocatello, ID then go South to SLC, UT. I bet Carrie got a **** pot full of snow this past weekend/Monday.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036
    GLOBAL WARMING MY ***!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

6. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,036

thanks for the vCash Kimmie!!

7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2,022
    Yup. Lots of snow last weekend. I was starting to get so so sick of it when it kind of let up. SLC is not done with this stuff yet. Heard we may be getting snow well into March this year.

At least the weather is starting to warm up and this stuff will start to melt away between storms.

My neighbor drives for UPS and was also stuck in the Oregon/Boise area until Monday.

8. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,153
    My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!:no:

9. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703
    Yup!
    It was minus 2 degrees yesterday. That is after a one foot snowfall. Today it was a big 11 degrees. Factor in the wind chill thing.....:no::no::no:

10. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054
    :no: Stay warm. Happy Valentines Day (early)...

11. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +300
    I know you love your man and all, but a girl has to draw a line somewhere in the sand.

Betcha you would loose the "bitc h" in your tag if you moved farther south. You would be warm 'n' fuzzy bolt. :tup: