1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This week's game!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by packfntk, Nov 1, 2011.

1. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey guys- Sorry for the tough loss last night. Arrowhead is a tough place to play, especially with the electric atmosphere last night.

This weeks game should be good. My Packers are playing very well, but our defense is vulnerable to the passing game. I think Rivers gets his head out of his butt and actually has a very good game. A couple of points for this game:

- Packers offense is VERY good. You will need to score lots of points to stay with us. I don't care what defense it is, you will need points.

- If Rivers stays away from turning the ball over, you can make it a very close game. Like I said, our defense is suspect against the pass, so he should throw for a significant amount of yards.

- Our run defense is strong. AD tore us up, but that is really the only game we have been beaten up on the ground. Look to get Matthews running around the tackles.

- Contain Finley. Finley is Gates like. Now I am not saying he is as good as Gates has been, but he is a mismatch that can force defenses to play differently. If he starts to bore holes, it could be a long day.

- Our running game is NOT stellar by any means. But it is serviceable. It still makes defenses account for it, so if you shut it down we will abandon it.

- Be CAREFUL blitzing AROD. He has the highest QB Rating in the league when being blitzed, and he normally always finds the open man. If you can create havoc with a 4 man rush that is your best bet.

So just a few points from my perspective. Your thoughts? I believe it will be a good game, and I cannot wait to check out Qualcomm. Let's just get out of this game injury free and have a good match!

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Great post. I hope you enjoy the atmosphere, but please excuse me if I cant say I hope you enjoy the game as I want your team to lose! :D

3. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Great post.

I don't think you'll be that impressed with Qualcomm, other than it will feel like a home game for your team as I'm sure there'll be 30,000-40,000 Packer backers along with you. My wife is one as well.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Bring Brats and Beer, we need both

5. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks guys. The only thing I am upset about is our tailgating situation. This is the first game that we won't be tailgating at the away stadium. That is usually one of the coolest things, parking in the lot, making our food, trying other peoples food and talking football. We are just planning on walking through the lot for like an hour just to see it, and then going into the stadium about 2 hours before the game to check everything out. It will be fine, but I guess this is how the far away games will have to be when we don't have our vehicle.

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,928
    Come swing by M-4 and say hi

7. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    I take it M4 is one of the lots?

8. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Its a section in the parking lot

The forum tailgates there underneath the trolley bridge, it's in the southeast corner of the parking lot

9. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    No kidding? Is there something I should look for? Not sure if my buddies will want to, but that would be cool to have a place to stop. We are kind of winging it when normally we are prepared because we have our own vehicle.

10. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,733
    Look for a Chargers flag with a beer flag underneath it. We are underneath the trolley bridge at the end, and we will have the whole spread, brats, burgers, and beer. Might be a nominal charge of 5 bucks for the food, and some of us will have Cheesehead friends or relatives coming along, so it won't be like total enemy territory. We have a saying for our group, "We don't hate, we tailgate!" Members of several Chargers websites meet here, mainly Bolt Talk, Bolt Bunker, CMB, and others. Heck, we even have our own private bathroom. You are welcome as a guest, just tell us who you are. (Screen name)

Pointy

11. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings:
    +268
    Dude you better come by F4 and say hi! :p

12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Jus wonderin did you make your way here via the link at the bottom from the packer fan forum? I have stopped over there a few times to check out the layout. It looks like a large following on there.

13. packfntk

packfntk BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1
    No, I simply just googled "Charger Forums". Not too many of them that I could find. I post at packersnews.net. Great site that has a bunch of posters from an old forum. Tons of knowledgeable dudes.