1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This weeks power rankings. Chargers #1

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Thumper, Dec 5, 2006.

1. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking

2. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703
    Power Rankings: Fish taco? Heck, San Diego's the big enchilada

They've waited months and months -- or is it years? -- for this to happen.
    They've begged and pleaded, sometimes sending nasty e-mail telling me I'm nothing but an East Coast dude who doesn't understand the low-Cali way.
    I'm talking about San Diego Chargers fans. They've craved the top spot in my CBS SportsLine.com Power Rankings, only it never happened -- as if it really means something.
    Well, you got your wish. You're No. 1. So quit telling me where to stuff my fish taco.
    The Chargers didn't look great in beating the Buffalo Bills on the road, but winning a game like that on their third East Coast trip of the season is huge.
    It helps dispel the notion that they can only win when the temperature is a balmy 70. By the way, does it get dark in Orchard Park at noon in December? That was the dreariest looking 1 p.m. kickoff I've ever seen.
    At 10-2, the Chargers have a hammer-lock on the AFC West, a three-game lead with four to go. LaDainian Tomlinson continues to put up huge numbers, Antonio Gates is getting more involved and Shawne Merriman is back. Now comes the real key to their Super Bowl success: getting home-field advantage in the playoffs.
    It would be an edge for San Diego if Indianapolis -- which fell from the top spot after losing to Tennessee -- has to come to California. But it's not quite the same advantage a cold-weather team would get if the Chargers came to their site.
    The Colts can't provide that since they play inside, but the Ravens, who beat the Chargers on Oct. 1, could. That's why San Diego needs to keep on winning.
    San Diego jumped to a 17-0 lead against the Bills and then held on when Buffalo fought back. Staring down a home team in rally mode is the sign of a really good squad, which is why San Diego is in the top spot.
    So leave me alone, Chargers fans. After five years of these Power Rankings, you have your wish.
    Plus, who the heck wants to waste a fish taco where the sun doesn't

POWER RANKINGS [​IMG] NO 1 - It wasn't pretty on the road against the Bills, but they found a way. That's the sign of a good team.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9851316

3. Thread_Killer

Thread_Killer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +680
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Check out the blurb on the Detroit Lions:

"Look, Mike Williams is hardly a model citizen, but it seems a little harsh to punk him out by playing backup QB Josh McCown at receiver. For the record McCown now has two catches to Williams' one this season."

Hey Leisure, your boy is behind JOSH FREAKING MCCOWN on the depth chart!!

:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  4. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    They're just trying to bring Williams along slowly. That's all.

:icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

5. tboltzcali

tboltzcali Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Rankings dont count come playoff time.

6. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +321
    what he REALLY meant to say was....

So quit telling me to stuff my Power Rankings in my pink taco.

:icon_eek: :lol:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings:
    +674
    That is funny :icon_rofl:

Had to dig up my pre-draft comments on the old YUGO.

Looking back, that was an insult to JJ Stokes. He had a better career his first 3 years.

8. Nomadic Bolt Fan

Nomadic Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +334
    :icon_rofl: