1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This years draft can be a success if....

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by charger1993, Apr 24, 2011.

1. charger1993

charger1993 bad motherfucker

Ratings:
    +121
    we go get these players... if you think of a dif combination that you think would work post it
    1.Cameron Jordan DE
    2.Martez Wilson ILB
    2. Mark Herzlich OLB
    3. DeMarcus Love OT
    3. Greg Little WR
    6. Ryan Jones CB
    6.Schuylar Oordt TE
    7. Mario Fanin RB

2. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    I think it will be successful if we hoist the Lombardi in February!

3. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    agreed but wouldnt this be a solid draft?

4. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,248
    Sure... :)

5. BOLT POWER

BOLT POWER Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Yea, but we all know AJ will one of our extra 2nd or 3rd round picks and overeach a bit on a player he covets

6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,776
    I just got two words of warning....Tyson Jackson.

7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402
    Im kinda wondering why you would want the lighter and much slower guy playing OLB for us? I really think Herzlich is going to be a lot lower pick that that unfortunately for him. Great story but it is what it is and he will take a hit. Im not a big Wilson fan but i think he would make a better OLB in our scheme than a ILB.

8. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    Well my thing with Herzlich is he was projected to be a top 5 pick in last years draft before cancer, he plays with tremendous heart and effort. I personally haven't seen another player " beside Ray lewis and Philip Rivers" with more passion for the game, he will always give 110% when he touches the field. The speed isn't that much of a concern for me i think with the way this guy block sheds he could be a very effective pass rusher, or if he got moved to MLB i think he could potentially be a draft gem and would solidify our linebacker core for years to come.. Martez wilson is a freak of nature athlete which i love, he's very instinctive to the ball and shows good ball tracking skills, he also TACKLES THE PROPER WAY, with the wrap up, no matter if one is our MLB or or OLB both will be a effective tool for us, and could help us hoist the super bowl trophy

9. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +606
    ...if someone else besides AJ calls the shots.

What do I win?

10. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Actually as a MLB, Wilson wasnt that instinctive. I think he would make a better OLB in either scheme than a ILB and Herzlich i think would make a better ILB in a 3-4. He just dont have the quicks or speed to be a OLB. Now HE is an instinctive player who i wouldnt mind at ILB though he isnt fast.

11. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    o i agree to a point, when i said instinctive i meant in as they go to the ball with smarts, id be fine with either one playing either position, but i would prefer herzlich in the middle

12. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    Only thing is about Herzlich is he will probably be a 5th round on down pick. Unfortunate for him but he could bea real steal for somebody.

13. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    thats what im saying, i can see him goin in the second, he could potentially be a brian urlacher type player

14. Boltjolt

Ratings:
    +402
    OK, ...I think that would be a surprise if he went that high and he isnt near as fast as Urlacher who was a safety in college. He has a titainium rod in his leg that is never coming out, and if you saw his interview on NFL Network, he was told by teams that they didnt see the same player on tape though he said he feels he is getting there and was playing well at the end of the season and he isnt very fast. He'll go lower and if he does get back to his old self, some team got a good player.

15. charger1993

Ratings:
    +121
    you're right when he came back he was not the same player, he was a little slower n not as hard of a hitter but near the end of the season he started showing glimpse's of his old self, i think he could bounce back and be a steal for who ever gets him, i would love to have this guy, not only is he a leader but hes on heck of a football player