1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

This years FIRST ROUND picks most likely to bust?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, May 7, 2010.

1. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    There are ALWAYS a few players who end up being completely worthless. Try to name at least 3 who you think will carry the "bust" lable.

My list.

1. Tim Tebow QB Denver - No surprise here. If it was just the stupid system he ran in college I'd give him the benefit of the doubt that he could adjust to a pro scheme. But he struggles with armstrength, accuracy, reading coverages, starring down recievers, an elongated delivery, passing from the pocket, taking snaps from under center....this kid is a HUUGE project. I don't care that he is a Bronco, I'd say the same thing of any team that used a 1st rounder to get him.

2. Jason Pierre-Paul DE New York - Typical one year wonder player. And even then he wasn't that dominant. He's a better athlete than a football player, plays too high, doesn't use his hands well, will get pushed around by stronger O-linemen. I think this kid has the makings of your typical washout, drafted on athletic ability alone.

3. Demaryius Thomas WR Denver - Another Bronco, because he ran in a gimic triple option offense in college and he was the benficiary of defenses focusing on the RBs. He struggles running the route tree, he has questionable hands, he's not nearly as fast as people think by watching gamefilm as DBs with their eyes in the backfield would end up getting burned by his 4.58-4.63 speed. All this equals a guy who can't seperate and get open. I think this kid has high bust potential.

Honerable mention....Patrick Robinson (NO).

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    Sam Bradford
    Jahvid Best
    and obviously Tebow

3. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings:
    +66
    Sam Bradford - injury prone
    Trent Williams - character problems
    C.J. Spiller - the next Reggie Bush

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Tim Tebow - will need just too much work
    Demarius Thomas - coming out of that option system, its questionable if he can handle an NFL playbook
    Dez Bryant - he's a mental disaster waiting to happen
    Tyson Alualu - drafted too high and as such too much is expected of him
    Jermaine Gresham - injuries x 10

5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +505
    I was surprised to see Trent Williams be the first OT off the board too. For me he might be the 3rd best OT at best. I reckon Bulaga will have a better year. Alualu is an intriguing prospect especially considering where he was picked. He has alot to prove.

6. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Tyson Alualu might succumb to pressure. In the past, he's stepped up but now it's time to do it under the spotlight.

Tim Teblow is set for a bust but I have feeling everyone will excuse him for some reason or another. He'll still be on the bench in three years and plenty of analysts will accuse the TEAM of not using him properly. Teblow will never be more than an average quarterback, if that, and all the while the sports media will stand up for him through every mistake.

I think Jahvid Best or Demaruis Thomas is going to the biggest bust though.

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    I don't believe BEST will be a BUST. He has the speed and ability. He might get injured, but that is really the only knock against him. It isn't easy for RBs to just bust out in the NFL compared to other players.

If they start Tebow too early there is no way he will be successful. It will ruin him. He barely has a grasp on simple QB play that he should already know. Put him out there with big guys and he will lose on the progress he has made. He might even get injured again the way he loves to scramble.

8. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Tebow is a project. He's not likely to be put in the same position as Leaf. He will at least be a competent back up, but not a complete bust. They would have been smarter to pick one of the RB's Pierre-Thomas will probably be a journeyman and not a bust. I'm not sure I see any outright busts here, except Trent Williams. He could implode. Alualu was a reach, but he will make the roster. The one I'm leeriest about is Thomas. His first year could be like Heyward-Bey.

9. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556

Nobody trades 3 picks to move up into the 1st round to take a backup QB. If Tebow isn't a starter for YEARS to come he is absolutely a bust, just as Joey Harrington is.

10. NORV4LIFE

NORV4LIFE NO MORE NORV!!!!!

Ratings:
    +58
    Tim Tebust

11. powayslugger

powayslugger Feckless Slappy

Ratings:
    +276
    1. Tebow - a capt obvious choice

2. Alualu- A Who Who? This guy was a late first talent and they're going to regret taking him so early.

3. Dez Bryant- He's just another in a long line of those wacky, me-me-me WRs to enter the NFL: TO, Ochocinco, etc... but he's too wacked and stuck on himself to succeed.