1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thomas Jones to the Jets...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by loweezy, Mar 5, 2007.

1. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788962

2. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    If the chargers don't trade turner for a 1st or early second this year I'll be a bit upset. To let turner go for next to nothing next year is rediculous.

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654
    We should get at least what we will get for Brees and that is a low 3rd round pick. It is something plus an insurance policy for LT in case he gets hurt or just needs a blow.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    our market for Turner just shrunk immensely

5. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    Maybe not. Turner was never a starter for the chargers. So the folks that look at how much he was worth for the chargers will figure he was a minor player. We very well may only get a 5th or lower compensation pick for him.

I'm gonna be pizzed if we loose turner next year for next to nothing. This will be my one disagreement with what a.j. is doing. A.j. always comes through and there is alot of time for trading so I'm not gonna panic just yet. A.j. may even have a plan for turner next year.

6. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    How happy ya gonna be the next year when he leaves and the chargers get nothing for him. Thats the whole point. Loosing turner next year for next to nothing. The term short sightedness comes to mind here unless A.j. has a super secret plan to either hang onto turner somehow the next year or trade him somehow for good compensation.

I"m having to guess A.j. has an alternative plan here. He usually does.

7. Zeus

Zeus BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +83
    I say we run Turner into the ground and sign him for cheap next year.

:icon_evil:

8. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    Screw it. If he's here, great. If we trade him, great. It takes two to tango. AJ isn't going to dump the Burner for a song and a dance. However it plays out, I'll be happy. It's a wonderful thing knowing if something unforseen happens to LT that we have a proven commodity backing him up.

Teams lose players in free agency all the time. We can't have everything pan out in our favor all the time.

9. Boltergeist

Boltergeist BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +111
    I don't think our market totally shrunk for Turner...I just think it shifted...namely to the NFCC with the Bears and Packers as possible candidates. Benson is a bust...The Bears can try to pretend like he's a legitimate back, but he's clearly not. Both the Bears and Pack got up close and personal with Turner in last year's pre-season. They know he's the real deal.

10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    granted but Benson's never been given the chance to shoulder the load so its not truly known if he's a bust
    Packers, yeah but they have other issues elsewhere

11. goboilers

goboilers BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +50
    foobs, i wouldnt trade turner for a 3rd rd pick. the chargers have enough draft picks. turner is great insurance. heck, i would sign him to a long term contract.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'd sign turner to a long term contract as well. But I don't know how that will ever come about. I never said trade him for a 3rd rounder. But I did say I wouldn't mind trading him for an early 2nd rounder or 1st rounder which could land the chargers a very good player they could use for years.

I'm having to guess A.j. has plans for turner. I can't see A.j. just letting him go next year for nothing.

13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    word

14. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +654

When the NFL's MGT council awards the compensatory pick it is based on net free agents lost and contractural values signed. They have martini's and figure out how it unfolds is the other part of the secret formula.

15. matilack

matilack Take A Knee McCree!!!

Ratings:
    +3,556
    What about Turner for Briggs strait up?