1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts from TC today July 31st...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Jul 31, 2011.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    I was back out there again today. Here is a few snippits from what I saw:

Goodman still looking fast and making catches. Kid really wants to make this team.

Tutu was Rivers favorite target but he dropped a few he should have caught.
    Bisaccia is really on top of the special teamers. No let down, no going slow, hounding anyone on the ground. Getting good vibes about ST's this year.

Todman showing some good moves today. Still a rookie getting popped by the first team but holding his own.

Garay and Castillo are just on another level then the rest of the D-line (No Jacque or Liguet to compare with). They hit dummies with a club shot and they bounce all the way off the ground. Cam, Vaughn, and Nwagbuo are close to it but the rookies just dont have the technique or strength yet.

Mouton was all over the place today making plays. Still say we need to sign a veteran so we can take our time getting Mouton and Butler ready to start, but Mouton may be able to handle it.

Scott Tolzien still doing a good job. Kid is learning the book quick and making good throws most of the time. Really think he has a shot at #3 or at least practice squad.

Gilchrist has been playing well with the ones and at Nickel with the two's.

Shareece Wright is doing ok but not on the same level as Gilchrist right now.

Weddle and Sanders still joined at the hip watching defense and bouncing calls off each other (Also big thank you to Mr. 40 Mil for giving me an autograph today!)

Takeo Spikes took a picture with a fan holding his 5 year old on his shoulder. Looked like he could crush the kid if he flexed.

Mathews was missing for the first half of practice (Working with trainers is my guess) and then he came out and started doing speed drills on the side and watched the team portion of practice. Think they're gonna work him back into football shape before they start putting him out there to get hit.
    Gates and English were running and doing cut drills on the other field.

VJ was showing off the guns today and just watching practice. Looks to be in great shape right now.

Cason hurt himself trying to break up a pass to Crayton. He may have broken a couple of fingers.

Tolbert looked in good shape watching (Again thanks to Big Mike for the autograph) but look out for Frank Summers. Dude is huge and hits like a truck. Personality reminds me a little of Foley (Hopefully minus the gunshots)

Laboy looked ready to go, very energetic and you could tell he was itching to hit the field.

And here are a few shots of the D-line who were working out 3 feet from my seat:

photo4.JPG

photo6.JPG

photo7.JPG

Might go back for Wednesday's night practice, but if not I will for sure be there at Fan Fest. Sure hope they don't screw around with the CBA and get it signed off on by Thursday. Rumours saying it may take until Monday the 8th which means all the new contract guys can't start until then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    You deffinatly should go. And report back in detail for us outsiders.

3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +500
    Love the personal viewpoints from live and in the flesh. Thanks MM.

4. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +4,401
    Yes, it's always nice to hear another eyewitness account of how the players are doing. :tup:

5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    Thanks for posting this, us out of staters like me really appreciate it. I hope someone can keep posting them.

6. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    After 30 years as a fan I finally live close enough to go to practices often. I'll try and make Wednesday's so I can keep everyone informed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814
    If you go back tell Kaeding I said Hi.

8. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Tell you what when he was kicking on Saturday he nailed 5 in a row through half width goal posts from 34 to 51 yards. Of course it's not in post season against the Jets but it's a start. And I don't believe I'm even aloud to mention your name around him what with the restraining order and all!

9. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Hey im the out of Stateer here. Living all my life in KC country ;/

10. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings:
    +341
    Im pretty sure Kaeding has had those half goalpost kick drills every off season.

11. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Maybe he ought to get blow up Jets Dolls and place them across the line of scrimmage from him?