1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts from the BACK Side

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Aggieman, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings:
    +194
    Half of the preseason is gone. This weekend, the Raiders play the game that is most like the regular season, which will tell much more about the team than the first two. The Raiders are a work in progress, but unlike many of the past seasons, there actually seems to be progress in the works. Allow me to put on my swami hat and fire up the crystal ball and see what lies ahead for the Oakland Raiders. Here are 20 fearless predictions for the Raiders. I’ll revisit this post after the season and see how the crystal ball worked.

1. The number of Raider wins this season will be equal to the number of Michael Phelps’s gold medals in Bejing. The Raiders will get less than a quarter of the praise Phelps is getting.

2. Darren McFadden will win offensive rookie of the year, and the egg will be on both of us writers here at TFDS who were against the pick.

3. The Raiders will go .500 in their AFC West games, one of the losses on a late trickby Mike Shanahan.

4. Johnnie Lee Higgins will somehow make the team, but again have trouble holding on to the kicks, losing his return job mid-season. He will be called the reincarnation of Alvis Whitted by the Raider Nation, and worse.

5. Ronald Curry will once again lead the Raiders in receptions and have his first 1,000 yard season.

6. Nnamdi Asomugha, Kirk Morrison, Thomas Howard, DeAngelo Hall, and Shane Lechler will represent the Raiders in the Pro Bowl. The Raider Nation will complain that McFadden doesn’t get a trip to Hawaii.

7. Al Davis will wish he let Javon Walker retire when Walker goes on the injured reserve by week nine.

8. In a bizarre twist, Lane Kiffin will punch Rob Ryan in the face as the Raiders play prevent and give up a late touchdown in a close loss to the patriots.

9. Derrick Burgess will get 11 sacks, but get snubbed for the Pro Bowl.

10. The Oakland Raiders will get one of their late season games flexed to prime time. See number 8 for the result.

11. Justin Fargas and McFadden will both get over 1,000 yards rushing.

12. Sebastian Janikowski will set the record for the longest field goal in NFL history.

13. Ray Guy will finally get his due and end up in the Hall of Fame.

14. JaMarcus Russell won’t get 3,000 passing yards, but will throw more touchdowns than interceptions.

15. Robert Gallery will only have two holding penalties, but will get booed mercilessly at the Coliseum during both.

16. The Raiders will beat the Houston Texans for the first time.

17.The Raiders defense will finally shut down LaDainian Tomlinson.

18. Lane Kiffin will keep his job, but Rob Ryan won’t.

19. Neither Tom Jackson or Mark Schlereth will say anything complimentary about the Raiders.

20. In the closing seconds of the game in San Diego, JaMarcus Russell will launch a jaw dropping hail mary, that somehow Todd Watkins will get under and take it to the house for a last second win.

There you go. That is the report from the crystal ball. Hopefully most of them come true.

Those Faider fans crack me up!:icon_rofl:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Kirk Morrisson in the pro-bowl? Oooookay...

3. LFEpooh124

LFEpooh124 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +38
    Based on the stats and numbers, yes. BUT, this will happen because we will have the season wrapped up by Week 13, LT will only have to play one quarter for each of the remaining 4 games before NORV pulls him in order to save him for the post-season.

RaiderNation, is it just me or did they take the fun out of poking fun of them? It's one thing to suck and defend your team, but they're just delusional now. They are in "full-retard" mode. (No offense to anyone that is mentally handicapped.)

4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +86
    aahh man faider fans crack me up aha

5. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127
    pfft they prob. mean combined.:lol: good laugh

• Like Like x 1
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    Preseason stats mean what?

I wonder if the Raider Nation is all ready trying to make reservations for their Hotels in Miami.

7. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Lechler isn't even the best punter in his division, and hasn't been for a few years. But yeah, he'll probably get sent to the Pro Bowl again because people are either too stupid or lazy to send Mike Scifres.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Their head coach is practically suicidal because his roster sucks so bad. He's so frustrated he's flat-out second-guessing The Old Man in the press, complaining he's being forced to keep sub-par talent.

But yeah, the Raiders are gonna turn it all around this year. :no:

• Like Like x 1
  9. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,172
    ygbsm

10. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Mufflers Are Overrated

Ratings:
    +329
    I wouldn't be surprised...given that the Super Bowl's in Tampa this year...:lol:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    We're talking about the same fan-base that spawned this genius thread at their forum:

http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oak...sage-board/137050-fargas-antoine-bouldin.html

Based on that idea I'm thinking we should be able to steal Boldin away for Buster Davis and right? :D

12. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    There's no such thing as a failure who keeps trying; coasting to the bottom is the only disgrace."

From a Radier Fan's sig....:icon_rofl::icon_rofl:

13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,074
    • Like Like x 1
  14. sickswonnyne

sickswonnyne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79
    Of all the loopy, cracked out things in the article, u go after this one? Morrison is good.

15. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Ummm... yeah...

He's not that good. He's a soft spot in the middle who is good in coverage. Many Raider fans themselves admit he can't tackle.

Don't get me wrong.. he's decent. But in a league with a ton of great linebackers he is never going to get to that level.

16. floridaboltfan

floridaboltfan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +11
    This I can see happening and only this:icon_rofl:

17. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +347
    Again, two words. Al and Davis. They also have no depth, let alone a quality starting line up. As long as Davis keeps acquiring guys who don't necessarily fit what Kiffin wants to do, they are doomed to Lane Kiffin playing Charlie Brown while Lucy Davis holds the ball in punt formation.

18. sdbound

sdbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942
  19. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    There's some classic stuff on that thread. I'd be tempted to call him out as a hoax poster, except I actually know several Raider fans in real life who are pretty much exactly the same way!

20. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Pure comedy GOLD!! "skipping Mike Vick is the stupidest move in franchise history!"
    Yeah, we really screwed ourselves by taking that Tomlinson kid...

21. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +280
    oh man. raider fans are fun.

darwin award goes to.... the entire RAIDERNATION

22. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    It turns out at least one Raider fan actually has a brain...
    If I'ved learned anything from the last 5 years, its that NO game is easy for the Raiders:(

23. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    It turns out at least one Raider fan actually has a brain...
    "If I'ved learned anything from the last 5 years, its that NO game is easy for the Raiders:("

24. Aggieman

Ratings:
    +194
    Thought I'd bump this to see just how stupid Raider homers can be...