1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on the new Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Concudan, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I gotta tell you, I am a HUGE fan of CG (computer animation). I use to do it for an attempt at making a living.

However, I ha to say I do not like the looks of this new movie. I dont know if it is the style of animation, the characters or that it seems a product that fits more of how Yogurt explained what Space Balls II would be (Tha search or more money!).

I just am not liking what I am seeing so far.

What about you?

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    You know I'm going.

I actually like the look of the animation, I prefer the more cartoony style. I wouldn't mind seeing future Star Wars universe related movies done this way as opposed to live action. I mena, all Lucas does anymore is make people act on a green stage then frickin' photoshops them into the CG environments anyways.

However, I will say this: This movie is about 4 years too late.

3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    Yeah, I am just not feelin it I guess...

I dont like the cartoony look.

4. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Did you watch The Clone Wars cartoons a few years back, the one that came out b4 Episode 3?

I have it on dvd, and lemme tell you, this new version coming out next month looks WAY better.

5. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    I agree with you Conc. I love the Star Wars movies, and I also love animated movies. I just don't like the style of the art in this one. I think maybe it's that I dislike it when CG tries to look like hand drawn art? I'm not sure if I'm describing it correctly.

All I'm saying is, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within raised the bar for a CG movie, and all others have paled in comparison. Animated movies like Wall-E and whatnot are meant to look the way they do, and they look very good. But from what I've seen about the new Star Wars movie, they're not going for that look.

6. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    For some reason, an entirely CG movie is just fine for something like "Shrek" or "Meet the Robinsons", family fun for kids.

But for pure Sci-Fi, like Star Wars, it's better with live action.

I likely won't go see the movie.

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I don't like anything after "Return of the Jedi."

8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    I think I'm really glad I have no fuccking idea what you're talking about right now. :lol::no:

9. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
  10. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings:
    +1,018
    Yeah... I dig Star Wars, but I don't think I will be seeing this movie. Where does "The Clone Wars" fit into the context of the story? I mean is it going to be a CGI version of Attack of the Clones?

11. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    I'm not into movies that look like video games.

12. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155
    I thought it was a video game when I first saw the commercial. I won't see it but I'm not really a big Star Wars fan.

13. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +255
    Funny you say that, when I first saw it I thought it looked a lot like the Ratchet and Clank series of video games.

14. WonderSlug

Ratings:
    +851
    Well, "The Clone Wars" happens in the time period after "Attack of the Clones" but before "Revenge of the Sith".

15. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    I agree that they should have just stuck to traditional animation. A friend of mine who got to watch an early screening said that it wasn't very good, but I'll still watch it...on DVD.