1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Three players with double digits sacks.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerlipz, May 18, 2007.

1. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings:
    +151
    Three players with double digits in sacks.

After reviewing our past season when it concerns our pass rush I think we really have the capability to have three players rise to double digits in sacks. If these guys can all stay healthy throughout the 16 game season I would look for Luis Castillo, Shaun Phillips, and Shawne Merriman to all reach that level.

Castillo played in 10 games last year and still managed to get 7 sacks. If he continued to play at that level this year he would be on pace to have 11 sacks after a 16 game season.

Phillips missed 2 games last year and engineered a 11.5 sack season. At that stride for an entire 16 game season he could mistreat some QBs and come out with 13 sacks.

Merriman last year played in only 12 games, but still managed 17 sacks. If he can continue that tempo and carry it on for this next season it is within the realm of possibility that he could come away with around 23 sacks.

Wouldn't that be cool?:tup:

2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,171
    I've enjoyed the regular season success as much as everybody else but I want to win a playoff game. Just one; we'll start with that. Hopefully Cottrell and Rivera can mix it up on defense and no more of Wade's 3rd and long prevent bullshit. The sacks are great and although we pressured the **** out of Brady in the playoff game nobody cleaned his clock like I was hoping.

3. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200
    I'm hoping for improvement with the pass coverage which will possilby give our pass rushers another second to get to the qb. If thats the case we will probably see sack totals that will be mind boggling.:yes: :bolt: