1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ticket Renewal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Feb 16, 2015.

1. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +504
    Anyone else sit in Field seats? I swear they raised the ticket prices again on us. Last year I'm sure I paid $1100 a ticket. This year they want $1200 a ticket. This is getting ******* ridiculous. That's $500 increase over the last 2 years for my 2 tickets. 20%! And they basically stated they are moving today. Are they trying to guarantee blackouts all season?

2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog I only put idiots on ignore...

Ratings:
    +1,729
    I'm in Field, and they didn't raise my prices. I am one section outside of the seats that did get a rise in pricing though.

3. The Lightning Will

The Lightning Will BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +57
    Yea. NFL is too expensive. Not worth attending games any more. I stopped my season tickets in the 90s when the Gold Club replaced Loge, Section 31. Thankfully, games are televised. Beer and food are a lot cheaper and better at home. Plus no traffic or parking/bus/trolley fees.

By the way, is the Gold Club still a thing?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  4. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Don't like it, lump it!!!

Ratings:
    +1,886
    I'd have to give it some long thought before I re-upped my season tickets.

5. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Yah, I'm gonna wait until the last day, really stew on it this year. Could take an awfully nice vacation for that money and buy food and Beer for the house for all the games. My only worry is that they do move and having season tickets gets you first chance to buy them in LA. Not sure if I would even do it, but if the money was flowing in and free agents were being brought in and the stadium was nice, I might kick myself later.

6. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings:
    +373
    I'm in...or will be in a couple of days. My seat prices went down for 2015. (...yes, I am up in the cheap seats!) It is still fun and they are still here. 2016 and beyond? Who knows? But for now...bring it on!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Season ticket prices went down for 30,000 seats. I've had two seats in plaza since 2000. Been lucky the past few years and have avoided the increases. Wasn't so lucky this time. Mine went from $1804 to $2004. Took the 5 payment plan option.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +984
    Definitely renewing, mine went down in price.

I love it that my seats are perceived to suck, thus costing me less money, while I wouldn't trade them for anywhere else in the stadium.

Lower View 21, Row 1.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. House of Hayne

House of Hayne Chargers Smash

Ratings:
    +204
    I'm going to renew because it might be the last time to see the chargers before they move

10. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    I'm going to renew because the Chargers told me to...

burgundy truth.jpg

11. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Mine went up $100 each. :mad:

12. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    Really unhappy that for the second year in a row they are screwing the prime seat holders (I know a lot of you love the Lower View, but Field seats between the 20's are considered the prime seats at every stadium) to pay for their lack of sales in the cheap seats. They're are ******* the life blood of their team for the people who come to one game every few years.

13. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    I hear you, but at Qualcomm those seats are terrible. I've sat down there before, and they just aren't my cup of tea. You can't see much if you are between the 20's, and you have to stand up the whole game to see over all the people who are standing up in the first 7-8 rows because they can't see over the players on the sideline. My son was only like 10-11 when we sat there and he couldn't see anything. IF a new stadium ever gets built, hopefully the field seats will be elevated to alleviate those problems.

14. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    I can understand you feeling that way, especially with over the last 5 seasons having 2, 6 win, 2, 5 win and one 3, win seasons at home. You would want your team to control home field at least...

15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,976
    But with your seats, do you end up missing a lot of the action at the opposite end zone?

16. MadMike

Ratings:
    +504
    I'm 6'2" and have way too much energy to sit down during a game anyway. I'm a field seat man all the way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    2nd row in Field and 99% of the time I stand during the entire game. Mostly because the fans in row 1 are standing too. Come to think of it, everyone in the first 10 to 15 rows stand up during the games.

18. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +984
    Not at all, as I am up a bit. I can see the whole field great. I do bring my binoculars in case I want to see something at the far end better, and I like to watch the sidelines. I like to see who is talking to who, who looks pissed, etc. And of course to look at my pals the Charger Girls.

I sat Field end zone once, and that sucked balls when the action was at the other end. You end up watching everything on the scoreboard. It's very cool when it's on your end though, but I think that day we only got one TD and a couple FGs.

I have gotten first row field a couple times when I have gone to road games. It's definitely cool for being close to the action, especially when it's near you. But it's just not as good for seeing the game (in my opinion). I had first row corner of the end zone in Cincinnati for that epic 49-41 game several years ago. Thought we might get a TD ball or something as we were the only two Charger fans in that area. But every single TD (and there were several) went to the left side of the end zone, so no love for us.

But hey, whatever makes everyone happy. I was just commenting that I am happy that my seats of choice are not as sought after as others, thus making mine cheaper.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    My wife said a coworker called to cancel her 8 season tickets and the rep was basically begging her not to and was saying how thousands have canceled since the stadium announcement.

I lol'd. That way they'll learn.

I'm having a really hard time justifying throwing any more money at this failing marriage between the team and me.

20. Pointyearedog

Ratings:
    +1,729
    And I was thinking of adding a seat. Maybe they will offer a discount after all.