1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tickets for London game selling quickly

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, May 29, 2008.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay #FireMcCoy #FirePagano Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +867
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfl-londontickets&prov=ap&type=lgns

LONDON (AP)—Five months before the Saints and Chargers kick off at Wembley Stadium, tickets already are going fast.

The first 40,000 tickets made available for the NFL’s second overseas regular-season game were sold in 90 minutes Thursday. The game will be Oct. 26, a Saints home game.

Because of the demand, the NFL released an additional 5,000 to go on sale immediately.

“We are delighted to report the overwhelming interest in this year’s game,” Alistair Kirkwood, managing director of NFL UK, said. “This proves that our event is one of the most eagerly awaited on the British sports calendar.”

The NFL will play at least one game in the United Kingdom for each of the next three seasons.

2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,746
    Cool. I hope they all have their Chargers gear.

3. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings:
    +890
    I am happy that the game is a success there this year. I better see a sea of blue and gold in that stadium. :icon_evil:

Even though I am not going to the game in London, I will see the game in Las Vegas because that is where I will be to enjoy it. :yes: :tup:

4. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    I'd rather still be waiting for them to go on sale for the Superdome! :icon_sad:

5. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +352
    DITTO!

6. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    dose anyone remember how fast they sold the same amount of tix last year?:icon_shrug::icon_huh:

7. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542
    That would have been a really fun road trip. :icon_evil:

8. ghost_

ghost_ BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +106
    when i saw we were playing them i went out and bought a
    xl box of beads NOW WTF iam supposed to do w/ them
    :icon_evil::icon_evil::icon_evil:

9. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432
    Bring them to Michael's Pub! :icon_party:

10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I'm just waiting for the tickets for the San Diego Lombardi Trophy viewing party to go on sale. :tup:

11. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,581
    Can't remember what his name was, but he is a Chargers front office guy in charge of ticket sales and was on XX 1090. He was really just promoting a charity run he was in, but Scott & BR asked him about how to get tickets to the London game. He said that since it's technically a Saints "home" game, it's really up to New Orleans as to how many tickets the Chargers will get. He said that AER Travel has a limited amount of tickets through their travel package for the game (which costs $3900 or $4500).

12. cranberry

cranberry BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +195
    I've already purchased a ticket via internet and I'm very excited
    to get the hardpaper in my hands. After collecting expensive 187 English Pounds for midfield stands, they wanted extra 44 € to send it save to Germany, so a friend of mine, who works in London will recieve the tickets.

The news about the tickets selling charged me up. Can't await the E-mail: "Tickets are here"
    I'll try to get a BOLTTALK sign on a German flag with me. Maybe somebody can watch me on TV. I will meet our Dublin and UK members if possible at the nearby Ibis hotel.

Go BOLTS:icon_banana:

13. Buttmunch

Buttmunch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +108
    Nice. I'm already booked for travel, just need the damn tickets. If you have access to more tickets, I'd appreciate a heads-up. We can pay you a little fee for arranging it. We fly out Wed, and get in Thursday, so plenty of time to arrange the pick-up, etc.

14. Shabba

Shabba BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +9
    I've got my tickets, and am buying a new alternate Cro jersey for the occasion. :tup:

Tickets are selling at a very similar rate to last year, the first 40,000 sold out in 90 minutes too. The process was, by all accounts, much slicker this year. Tickmaster seem to have made some improvements which helped.