1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!

Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers. We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Tiger Fan's take on Craig Davis

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, May 3, 2007.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +4,979
  2. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Here is one comment

3. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Another

Check it out.

4. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288
    These guys are wrong :tdown:
    Kiper said so...:yes:

:icon_tease:

5. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Hairzilla is almost as bad at liesure at judging draft prospects... :lol:

6. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    these are definetely positive remarks about Davis and they seem to suggest an AJ like player

7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +4,979
    Sure.:tup:

8. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,931
    Seems like the LSU Tiger fans liked him alot, in many ways he functioned like Parker only with ALOT more speed

9. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,748
    yeah, I know where you "found" it

Moonlighting? Undercover?

10. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    So the guy runs like the wind, is a precise route runner, tough, heady, and humble... Oh yeah, and he has incredible hands...

How was it that he fell? Seriously, by reading that forum he has no holes in his game. I'm excited to see how he develops in a few years.

11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    The power of the bling.

Seems he's more Marvin Harrison than Chad Johnson.

12. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    Nix said that the knock on him was that he did not play through minor injuries early in his career, but Buddy did not seem to think that criticism was valid. The only other reason I could see for Davis dropping is that his production does not compare to guys like Meachem (though Meachem only had one outstanding year), Bowe (though Davis actually caught more balls than Bowe last year and just a few less this year) or Jarrett. Davis didn't catch a ton of TDs. But when you look at his numbers, they are rock solid, and he was sharing the field with some very talented players the last couple years.

People also downgraded him because he ran a 4.48 at the combine, but he actually tweaked his hammy during his 40 and still finished with that time. Nix said he'd timed Davis at 4.37. :icon_eek:

13. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931

Davis was known for having outstanding speed and for having good hands, and of all the receivers on LSU's talented team he was the most consistent. I mean the more you look at him the more you think he'll fit in perfectly wiht this club and this system. We needed a burner, someone who caqn stretch the field and make people respect him to loosen defenses up from tightening up on Gates and LT. With Jackson and Davis and Parker we've got the ability to go deep and stretch the field

14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    Kiper? :icon_huh: :icon_rofl:

15. Electric Chair

Electric Chair Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +579
    I just wish we could develop this kid in fast forward so that he is killing people THIS year. We shall see....

16. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings:
    +886
    Solomon Wilcots is on Sirius radio right now... praising C.Davis. "...he's one heckuva a football player..."

17. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,554
    My prediction is that Craig Davis will be a better pro than Bowe.

18. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    It makes me kind of wonder if Davis wasn't actually their best receiver, but Jamarcus had a personal preference for Dwayne Bowe. A friend of mine at work is an LSU (and Saints) fan, and he says it seemed like Russell threw twice as many passes Bowe's direction. And it wasn't necessarily because Bowe was a better receiver.

19. Ride The Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,748
    :tdown:
    There you go getting all moist over Raiders.

• Like Like x 1
  20. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    Davis will have a better year than Bowe, Calvin Johnson, Steve Smith, or Dwayne Jarrett.

Look at who each of these have throwing to them.

Davis has a Pro Bowl QB and future Super Bowl MVP Philip Rivers protected by one of the best OL in the NFL.

CJ will have a rookie QB too busy running for his life because of his team's suck-arse OL.

Bowe has Damon Huard, who will have to contend with KC's suddenly subpar OL spearheaded by Damion "I thought I heard the ball snapped" McIntosh. Same boat as CJ in that regards.

Dwayne Jarrett will have the inconsistent Jake Delhomme.

Steve Smith will have shEli throwing to him.

21. bigcarson50

bigcarson50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Jamarcus isn't all that accurate, and he won't have nearly the time behind that line that he did in college

22. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,931
    not to mention with Gallery covering his backside he'll be running for his LIFE

JaMarcus has decent accuracy to go with a cannon and his accuracy is especially good on 60+ yard passes. Quinn was more accurate but he's a more traditional QB

23. Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +272
    Give me a break. Jamarcus is overrated. He's a big dude with a gun for an arm. Beyond that he's nothing special at all.

24. WonderSlug

WonderSlug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +851
    So did Eli Manning.

If shEli hadn't put up the stink about coming to San Diego, he'd be our QB instead of Rivers. Would that be ok? After all, we could say we have a top overall QB.

25. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467
    I think Jamarcus has the physicals skills, the measurables, and the potential to be a great QB in this league. I think he'll be a good QB unless he self destructs and for the record, I don't think that will happen. Only time will tell if he'll be a great QB though.

26. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    It's a two way street. Jamarcus wouldn't have been a #1 pick if he didn't have bowe and davis.

27. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45
    A lot of the qb's getting drafted early have the measurables. Jamarcus just happens to have an even bigger cannon for an arm. Doesn't make the best of QB's. There's no science to picking a great QB. See Jeff George and the like.